ADVERTISEMENT

Warren

Agree
Interior DL and LBs are real strong for warren
Rice will need to catch the outside which they can and will

to be fair the comments about warrens offense being weak and needing to bring it this week is a little silly.

looking forward you Saturday.

Never said Warren had a weak offense. Just said they will need to have something on O because I don’t think they will be able to completely shut out Rice. Like I said I see a 17-14 type game that could go either way. Should be a fun one.

Reactions: Gene K.
What ... warren has elite speed at every position. Has a football fan .. how do you get to the edge when they play sound edge defense they do not run up the field ... the DE's tommy mathesin is 6'3 250 lbs and sesmus melicam 6"3 235lbs both are strong and can move - next level players. If you get pass them on the edgr then OLB 6'3 225 Juan Delacruuz and Donville james 6'215 are weighing. They push every thing to the inside ... then awaiting is DT JR Singleton 6'1 300lbs and MLB Malachi Mcneal 6'0 220. If you get pass them a safety by the name of josh turner 6'0 195lbs that is like Ronnie Lot. They play multiple defensive looks they do not sit in a stadard front ... the QB better be experienced... if he throws he has 2.5 secs to get ball off
I am not kidding... look at the film. They havr 2 lock down corners ( gregerson 6'0 190 and davilla 5"10 185). All those kids are playing D1,2 or 3 Ball. Just saying. Should be a good game. Home of six flags ... rides are still OPEN !

Not really. We couldn’t move the ball but defensively we beat up Dean pretty good.

coming into this season I think we all felt like this was possible. But not sure we thought we’d be this dominant. One more to go
2 more to go...

What ... warren has elite speed at every position. Has a football fan .. how do you get to the edge when they play sound edge defense they do not run up the field ... the DE's tommy mathesin is 6'3 250 lbs and sesmus melicam 6"3 235lbs both are strong and can move - next level players. If you get pass them on the edgr then OLB 6'3 225 Juan Delacruuz and Donville james 6'215 are weighing. They push every thing to the inside ... then awaiting is DT JR Singleton 6'1 300lbs and MLB Malachi Mcneal 6'0 220. If you get pass them a safety by the name of josh turner 6'0 195lbs that is like Ronnie Lot. They play multiple defensive looks they do not sit in a stadard front ... the QB better be experienced... if he throws he has 2.5 secs to get ball off
I am not kidding... look at the film. They havr 2 lock down corners ( gregerson 6'0 190 and davilla 5"10 185). All those kids are playing D1,2 or 3 Ball. Just saying. Should be a good game. Home of six flags ... rides are still OPEN !

They are without a doubt getting the most out of the their football talent as the 4th biggest school in the state with approx 2,000 boys enrolled.

Usually isn’t the case with some of the biggest IHSA schools. See Morton, Waukegan, Lyons, E/W Aurora and Lockport. Great job by their head coach and staff. Warren will be a force for years to come with McNulty at the helm.

They are without a doubt getting the most out of the their football talent as the 4th biggest school in the state with approx 2,000 boys enrolled.

Usually isn’t the case with some of the biggest IHSA schools. See Morton, Waukegan, Lyons, E/W Aurora and Lockport. Great job by their head coach and staff. Warren will be a force for years to come with McNulty at the helm.
And here comes the counter-argument: private’s recruit. 3...2...1...flush.

Just paying a compliment to their staff. You can have all the next level talent/program numbers you want at an 8A school and it doesn’t guarantee the kids all buy in or have success. Very impressed with their head coach.
I see.

Exactly.

I heard BR might not show up after reading this post.

Thankfully our guys don't know who Ronnie Lot is otherwise no one would be running over the middle.

Do you get the weight of these players Pre or Post game?
:rolleyes:

Newt.

This is not a crusader fan. He’s trying to indirectly troll.

Hats off to your blue devils. Watching them on film is fun.

If you re watching BR make sure to watch the first 8 1/2 games.

Going to be a great week of build up.

Queen, never said I was - was sharing my thoughts on the game

Not as fast as usual
Don’t be too much of a homer

Newt's Been waiting for this game for over a year. I remember him due to his responses in this BR/Warren Quarterfinal thread last year.

He vanished for a good to 2 weeks after the loss.

For that to happen again BR will have to shock the IHSA world.

Reactions: Bowie50
Newt's Been waiting for this game for over a year. I remember him due to his responses in this BR/Warren Quarterfinal thread last year.

He vanished for a good to 2 weeks after the loss.

For that to happen again BR will have to shock the IHSA world.

I don’t believe it would be that big of a shock. I mean BR is pretty good.

Reactions: Bowie50
I'm on board with Lakecty. BR has not seen a defense like Warren's. Check out the tape. They are looooooaded on that side of the ball. The defenses they've seen approaching the quality of Warren's did not yield results for BR. Hoping it's at least a good game. Win or lose for BR, it's been a great year. You beat your arch rival and end up in the final 4 of 8A and you can't complain too much. Especially after losing 17/22 starters from the year before.

Last edited:
Rice has its fair share of D1 offered players too - Denver Warren at DT, Jefferson at DT-DE, Iraci at DB, Jones (a Jr at MLB). One thing I noticed is that Warren has a propensity to rack up some penalties which in any close game can be ones undoing. Hopefully we can win the turnover battle and see Warren give us some breaks on the penalty front.

Warren is going to use their D and speed on that D to neutralize Rice’s offense. They can do that as they have proven. On offense, Warren needs to sustain drives and keep the ball out of Rice’s hands, they can do that. They do they win.

On the flip side, if Rice gets Shaw some openings he will exploit...you need to account for Lausch because what this kid brings is moxie and more than that ability. With Jefferson and now Warren getting into game shape, this defense is not what they were. Playing in the Blue educates you and toughens you up, do not lose sight of the fact. Look where the Blue sits. Multiple semi finalists.

Warren is a formidable foe no doubt. Rice isn’t a slouch either and don’t let their record fool you. I see a great slobber knocking, paint swapping in the trenches type of game where the best team wins.

This is the type of game the late Keith Jackson would love to do. “Oh my, there’s gonna be some paint swapping in the trenches with those big uglies from each team”!!!

Here’s to the hope we all enjoy whatever happens and enjoy the joy these young men bring to us all. They leave it on the line.

Last edited:
Rice has its fair share of D1 offered players too - Denver Warren at DT, Jefferson at DT-DE, Iraci at DB, Jones (a Jr at MLB). One thing I noticed is that Warren has a propensity to rack up some penalties which in any close game can be ones undoing. Hopefully we can win the turnover battle and see Warren give us some breaks on the penalty front.
I agree with you Top on all of above.

The point I have been making is that HS ball is simple .... who has the most play makers and who can the MOST out of thier role players TYPICALLY win the game. Should be a good game.

Rice defense is for real- you won’t be able to move the ball- warren is penalty prone- very penalty prone. Rice wins a close one nexuses they are the more disciplined team
They will most likely use their Freudian Nexus defense to overcome their foe.

Everyone is talking about D1 players but...

The number of power 5 players on a team is fine, but it doesn’t determine your team. Warren has been good all year, but you can’t just say you have all D1, D2 players. Look at Rice last year. A team of no power 5 guys, just a bunch of south side catholic boys fighting with each other to defeat the team in front of them. They ran the board from doing their job and their chemistry with each other.

Rice has finally clicked and at the right time too. They are finally playing together, and their defense gives a great example of this. Their offense has a fire and can move the ball now, as shown in the Minooka game. The point is, Power 5 players don’t mean everything. They help yes, but you just need a bunch of kids to do their job and play for each other to win in high school football.

The number of power 5 players on a team is fine, but it doesn’t determine your team. Warren has been good all year, but you can’t just say you have all D1, D2 players. Look at Rice last year. A team of no power 5 guys, just a bunch of south side catholic boys fighting with each other to defeat the team in front of them. They ran the board from doing their job and their chemistry with each other.

Rice has finally clicked and at the right time too. They are finally playing together, and their defense gives a great example of this. Their offense has a fire and can move the ball now, as shown in the Minooka game. The point is, Power 5 players don’t mean everything. They help yes, but you just need a bunch of kids to do their job and play for each other to win in high school football.
Bingo

I hear you but go back and look at pass champions..... in most cases how well the top kids perform determine the outcome. Great to say teams and bunch of great kids when win championships. You game plan for that power 5 or elite player because in most casees they will impact the game. If you do not see what happens. Do not need to hate on power 5 kids ... god gave them size, speed, strength, etc. plus a work ethic and ability to perform on big stage. Not sure if Warren will win but many of those kids are going to school for FREE and they deserve it ! I do not hate on great players you respect the work they put in. I know the top BR kids all are great players because I see the work they put in. Watch what teams/ players are doing serious off season workouts and competing against the top kids .... warren has double digit players at every event it is not by coincidence they are having success. At Warren if you are not at 6AM lift you do not play. Its a blue collar + team culture.

Reactions: Gene K. and Queen4

Rice had an OL go to Illinois, a RB go to Harvard and a DL go to a D2 school off of last year's team.

26 against GBN three scores called back
37 against Lake Forest - quarter finalist
31 against Fremd MSL champs
24 against LZ - same that Marist scored
18 against Brook - HF only scored 14 LWE 20

Got anything else?
Only scored 11 points on brook
Lake forest is 6A without there best player
Only scored 16 on a average Barrington team.

Reactions: EstablishTheRun59
Brother Rice is walking into Warren with the 3 best football players on the field. Jefferson, Jones, and Shaw & that's just a fact. I would take Rice supporting cast on D over Warrens as well. Roche, Irachi, Big Daddy Denver, and Love. Those kids are tested. What happened last year when they played Rice? Jefferson, Irachi, Roche, Jones all came back... Rice by 100

Warren D hasn't faced a RB like Shaw with that speed. The Soph Qb fast as well. Just ask Minooka

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT