ADVERTISEMENT

Warren

Hopefully play football. At least that’s what I’m hoping. I mean it’s supposed to be a football game right?

Reactions: Gene K.
Home of six flags .... rides still open. I have my pregame beverage at Stevens Restaurant before game. Cone join and talk HS football. Two great teams .... the kids know each other from off season workouts, camps and showcases. In my eyes the Illinois top DT (Warren & Singleton) and DE (Jefferson and Delacruz) combos will be on the same field. What ever OL is able to control the line of scrimmage will when game. Just my thoughts !

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
Home of six flags .... rides still open. I have my pregame beverage at Stevens Restaurant before game. Cone join and talk HS football. Two great teams .... the kids know each other from off season workouts, camps and showcases. In my eyes the Illinois top DT (Warren & Singleton) and DE (Jefferson and Delacruz) combos will be on the same field. What ever OL is able to control the line of scrimmage will when game. Just my thoughts !
Best DL in IL? Did Jalen Grant transfer to one of those schools this week? ; )
Honestly in the game I saw BR play MC I was most impressed with #3 and #45 Defensively for Rice. Jefferson was at MLB and was somewhat out of position and I think Warren actually helped MC the first half. #45 come off the edge like a bullet...Whealen?

Best DL in IL? Did Jalen Grant transfer to one of those schools this week? ; )
Honestly in the game I saw BR play MC I was most impressed with #3 and #45 Defensively for Rice. Jefferson was at MLB and was somewhat out of position and I think Warren actually helped MC the first half. #45 come off the edge like a bullet...Whealen?

Singleton is the best DT I’ve seen this year. He was a major problem last year when BR had 5 starting seniors on the OL.

He has a different gear/ first step than Grant which explains the Iowa state / power 5 offers.

To be fair to Grant I haven’t seen tape where he just played DL. Two top players but I’d rank Singleton then Grant.

Reactions: McCaravan
Singleton is the best DT I’ve seen this year. He was a major problem last year when BR had 5 starting seniors on the OL.

He has a different gear/ first step than Grant which explains the Iowa state / power 5 offers.

To be fair to Grant I haven’t seen tape where he just played DL. Two top players but I’d rank Singleton then Grant.
You are dead on in that assessment. He’s played both ways most of his career at MC, so that does slow down his burst as the game goes on. He will get occasional breathers on series but outside that he stays on the field.I think in College he would be a great DL. He has a lot of D1 offers, no power 5 Conferences but I hope that changes. They’ll be lucky to have him. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Singleton. Denver Warren has all the tools and is the right size and shape and looks like he’s getting back to game shape after missing most of the regular season. Gonna be a real battle Saturday!

Reactions: Gene K. and Queen4
You are dead on in that assessment. He’s played both ways most of his career at MC, so that does slow down his burst as the game goes on. He will get occasional breathers on series but outside that he stays on the field.I think in College he would be a great DL. He has a lot of D1 offers, no power 5 Conferences but I hope that changes. They’ll be lucky to have him. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Singleton. Denver Warren has all the tools and is the right size and shape and looks like he’s getting back to game shape after missing most of the regular season. Gonna be a real battle Saturday!

One thing no one can say is that we weren't treated to some excellent games in the 2019 playoffs. Maybe I'm embellishing here but this year has produced some really great matchups at 6a, 7a and 8a. With the Bears in the tank, this couldn't have come at a better time for Illinois football fans.

One thing no one can say is that we weren't treated to some excellent games in the 2019 playoffs. Maybe I'm embellishing here but this year has produced some really great matchups at 6a, 7a and 8a. With the Bears in the tank, this couldn't have come at a better time for Illinois football fans.
After kinda a paint by numbers regular season it’s been a fun post season!

Warren opens as 15.5 point favorites vs. BR on Massey.

edit: (13 on calpreps)

Last edited:
Warren beat multiple teams by double-digits that all of us can agree are better than Brother Rice. They have to be at least a two touchdown favorite. Maybe 17 since at home. Possibly 20 with the revenge factor.

Let’s call it Warren -21.
Have to respect those wins over Lake Zurich and Lake Forest. Agreed.

Too high. Warren offense gonna have tough tough time vs rice defense to cover that
The difference between Rice's ability to score on Warren is much greater than Warren's ability to score on Rice. I don't know what would be more shocking: Marist beating Loyola twice in a month in Wilmette or Rice beating Warren this year. Seems like the odds are stacked against Rice in this game. I'd love to see Rice win but if I were to bet, I'd take Warren on the money line. Maybe Rice can cover 15.5.

I love BR football but I also don't lie to myself.

Reactions: McCaravan
You Rice guys are doing a better job of sandbagging than Bones used to do.

This should be a close game. (7 point spread is more likely). And I'll take the under.

You Rice guys are doing a better job of sandbagging than Bones used to do.

This should be a close game. (7 point spread is more likely). And I'll take the under.

The only Defense Warren has seen with the type of talent Rice has is Bolingbrook. Bolingbrook D played good enough to win. Giving up less than 170 total yards.
2 muffed punts inside the 10 yard line and still Warrens offense could only muster 3 points off of those key turnovers.
The last 2 weeks with BR main core back Jefferson, Jones, Warren, Roach, Iraci playin FS they have been excellent. You can throw away the film on week 1-10 besides trying to pick up tendencies.

Special Teams and QB play may be the great equalizer in this game.

Warrens kicking game has a huge edge. But if you ask the BR faithful in Lausch they trust. Something about that kid is just different. Apparently he was born for the big moment. Just heard he pitched as a freshman on varsity, came in with the base loaded in the playoff game with zero nerves.

I see a 10-7 9-6 type of game.

BR has to play field position and understand 3 and outs are going to happen against warren. Let their QB and offense feel the pressure of a close game for the first time this season.

The difference between Rice's ability to score on Warren is much greater than Warren's ability to score on Rice. I don't know what would be more shocking: Marist beating Loyola twice in a month in Wilmette or Rice beating Warren this year. Seems like the odds are stacked against Rice in this game. I'd love to see Rice win but if I were to bet, I'd take Warren on the money line. Maybe Rice can cover 15.5.

I love BR football but I also don't lie to myself.

Dweise, you're being too logical. Fans forget how big emotion and momentum are when it comes to a team's performance. Rice is absolutely rolling right now. I can promise you that there isn't one kid on BR that doesn't think they will win this game. The seniors played in the state championship game last year. They have every intention getting back there, even if they have to go through the big, bad Warren defense.

As Queen said- I think it will come down to QB play as well. From what I've seen the Crusaders have the advantage in Lausch.

Also, hoping it's announced that Marist won during the game to give the Crusaders a little extra juice to do their part to set up their date with destiny :)

The difference in this game is Rice still cannot tackle on the outside. If Warren continues to run to the outside they will break one. They may have some 3rd and longs and turn the ball over but eventually it will break. A slant pass can go for 95 yards. Minooka had two big plays and that is what Rice is susceptible to and will be the difference.

Warren defense will contain Rice they will get some yardage but not that big play.

The difference in this game is Rice still cannot tackle on the outside. If Warren continues to run to the outside they will break one. They may have some 3rd and longs and turn the ball over but eventually it will break. A slant pass can go for 95 yards. Minooka had two big plays and that is what Rice is susceptible to and will be the difference.

Warren defense will contain Rice they will get some yardage but not that big play.

Two big plays after BR was up 24-0 and completely shut down their running game.

Two big plays after BR was up 24-0 and completely shut down their running game.

If not for the snap over the QB's head that game becomes a one score game going into the 4th qtr.

I felt in the past that Rice's largest downfall was coaching and turnovers. That has changed over the last couple of years and if that continues and they bring in the skill players like they have, this may not be an anomaly. The OC from MC is the biggest difference as they seem to have figured out works and stick with it. I am a fan in high school of controlling the clock and Rice is doing that.

I like Rice and if this is an annual thing that is good.

If not for the snap over the QB's head that game becomes a one score game going into the 4th qtr.

I felt in the past that Rice's largest downfall was coaching and turnovers. That has changed over the last couple of years and if that continues and they bring in the skill players like they have, this may not be an anomaly. The OC from MC is the biggest difference as they seem to have figured out works and stick with it. I am a fan in high school of controlling the clock and Rice is doing that.

I like Rice and if this is an annual thing that is good.

I agree that the game was about to get too close for comfort. I haven't seen many turnovers the past few years out of Rice, though. What killed them in prior years was the inability to play stingy defense. '15-'16 had some of the best talent in the state - they were just all on offense...

I liked last years offense and OC, but I agree that new OC has done a nice job getting the ship turned around for the playoffs with soph QB directing traffic. #24 has been nice compliment to Shaw.

Badke is doing a nice job. It was easy to strike last season up to a fluke with great player leadership. Back-to-back trips to the semi's, especially after the slump they were in towards the end of the season, is something Rice fans should be very happy about. Badke orchestrated it. He gets great kids to BR and gets them to play hard. Hope it continues for years to come.

Cannot wait for this one. Warren mediocre offense struggles to move ball all day vs best defense they’ve seen and rice offense does enough to get the 14-10 win. Go Rice.

Cannot wait for this one. Warren mediocre offense struggles to move ball all day vs best defense they’ve seen and rice offense does enough to get the 14-10 win. Go Rice.

please make sure you’re around after. This is the best defense Rice has faced all year and it’s not close.

Can’t wait for 4pm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT