ADVERTISEMENT

Warren

EstablishTheRun59

Nov 11, 2019
Warrens defense is legit sure but they do not pull away by a ton to anyone, they turn ball over Early and rice goes up, warren having to actually score for first time all year in pressure spot vs elite d wouldn’t be ideal for them and would give rice a great shot, people already counting rice out just haven’t seen rice play

Warrens defense is legit sure but they do not pull away by a ton to anyone, they turn ball over Early and rice goes up, warren having to actually score for first time all year in pressure spot vs elite d wouldn’t be ideal for them and would give rice a great shot, people already counting rice out just haven’t seen rice play
Anxiously awaiting the response of Micah Jones!!

Good morning Great win by Warren ! I was actually at ND vs Navy watching my son but checking scores. Like I have said all season Warren defense is elite because they have elite play makers on every level. I know the Warren and Justin kids .. they are really good. But Warren Township has 9 of those guys - they come at you with not very nice intentions. This is football ... one thing I well tell you they will be ready to play. Warren fans will fill the stadium. Warren WIN's are never sexy ... its blue collar and they are use to playing through; turnovers, referee challenges and can sustain injuries with depth. Next opponent is Brother Rice ✔. Doubters keep ... keep doubting. Home of six flags ... rides are still OPEN

Shout out to Adam Saul (3 year varsity starter) ... Warren Kicker ! One of the best kickers in Illinois... the 6'5 kicker has s strong leg most teams have to go the full length of field against Warren defense. Any thing inside of 30-35 is makeable. Warren is solid in all 3 phases of the game.

Thank you Mr. Jones you never disappoint! Good luck the rest of the way!

Warren will be the clear favorite - their Defense is clicking on all cylinders. They weakness is their O. So Rice will have to not have any turnovers and limit their penalties. Keep the game close and get into the 4Q tied then its anyones game (a situation Warren would not be used to)

Reactions: Gene K.
Warren will be the clear favorite - their Defense is clicking on all cylinders. They weakness is their O. So Rice will have to not have any turnovers and limit their penalties. Keep the game close and get into the 4Q tied then its anyones game (a situation Warren would not be used to)

hard to say the offense is a weakness when it’s averaging over 30 points per game.

Reactions: McCaravan
I agree. Like I said ... Warren wins do not need to be pretty. Warren willl keep pounding you with thier 6'0 215lb running back and run clock. If you put to me in the box you better have someone who can run Christian Phillips (AJ Henning type of speed). They over through him twice for TD's otherwise the margin of victory would have been larger. They did not win games with not having an effective offense ... check the box scores. Everyone will keep trying to find weaknesses but Warren does not care. Next opponent up ! Yes, I am a homer. But also someone who knows football ... all I ask please watch them play.

Warren is a huge favorite. Only chance BR has is if they play a near perfect game and Warren has an off night.

Reactions: Bowie50
Looks like they are scoring a lot too by the finals of their games!

I see your are picking up the sandbagging in Bones absence :)

Reactions: Bwm57
I remember the same type of talk last year in the Warren BR quarterfinal with how dominant the Warren D was going to be. Warren is going to have to bring some offense if they want to win this one. I see a 14-10 type of game here, think it could go either way.

I remember the same type of talk last year in the Warren BR quarterfinal with how dominant the Warren D was going to be. Warren is going to have to bring some offense if they want to win this one. I see a 14-10 type of game here, think it could go either way.

Warren scored 30 or more points 9 times this year. Brother Rice did twice. I think both teams need to bring their offense.

hard to say the offense is a weakness when it’s averaging over 30 points per game.
Yea, you really can't separate the two, the D keeps getting the ball back to the O, often in good field position. Having said that, I think it will be a whale of a game. I really do.

I’m not so sure about that Top, I would say Rice is slight favorite. Rice D is looking great- Rice offense and OL getting better each game....Warren has a great record but really haven’t played anyone and their O is suspect.

to be fair the comments about warrens offense being weak and needing to bring it this week is a little silly.

looking forward you Saturday.

Agree but not coming from informed fans. #1 and #3 on Warren are very good and they have a solid OL.

Again, BR will have to play near perfect and will need a little luck.

Good luck to the Blue Devil Nation.

I’m not so sure about that Top, I would say Rice is slight favorite. Rice D is looking great- Rice offense and OL getting better each game....Warren has a great record but really haven’t played anyone and their O is suspect.

There it is. Looking forward to Saturday

Warren played a weak schedule and every time they played a decent opponent like brook or glenbard north they didn’t score much.Dont get me wrong there defense is one of best I seen but offensively they are good but not like a top offense.Also a ton of yellow flags.

Reactions: EstablishTheRun59
Warren played a weak schedule and every time they played a decent opponent like brook or glenbard north they didn’t score much.Dont get me wrong there defense is one of best I seen but offensively they are good but not like a top offense.Also a ton of yellow flags.

26 against GBN three scores called back
37 against Lake Forest - quarter finalist
31 against Fremd MSL champs
24 against LZ - same that Marist scored
18 against Brook - HF only scored 14 LWE 20

Got anything else?

26 against GBN three scores called back
37 against Lake Forest - quarter finalist
31 against Fremd MSL champs
24 against LZ - same that Marist scored
18 against Brook - HF only scored 14 LWE 20

Got anything else?
Hey, I know Warren is very good- saw them play Freud- defense is very talented. My point is Brother Rice has played a very tough season - basically dismantled a very big and strong Minooka team- Rice is for real- they are going to give Warren all they can handle.

30orane whips and mc140 area playing with you- they are both or rice guys

Hey, I know Warren is very good- saw them play Freud- defense is very talented. My point is Brother Rice has played a very tough season - basically dismantled a very big and strong Minooka team- Rice is for real- they are going to give Warren all they can handle.

looking forward you Saturday

Sounds like it could be an old fashion slugfest
I think warren will be just fine against the CCLers. Other conference hit hard like the CCL blue, don’t they?
That being said how pissed will the powers above aka IHSA be if we see a BR vs Marist final

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.

Freuds defense plays some serious mind games on their opponents.

"the Warren defense limited the Raiders to 13 yards rushing and 78 yards of total offense. The Devils also had 7 sacks and harassed Bolingbrook quarterback Devyn Suggs the entire game."

Warren's offensive scheme is a bit one-dimensional and the penalties are a concern (maybe that was just nervousness/tough luck from the refs). I think they'll struggle to run the ball effectively. But that defense is nasty. I think they'll control field position, get a couple scores and maybe a couple field goals. I'd be surprised if they don't win by at least 2 possessions.

looking forward you Saturday

Newt - was the the feeling after last year’s quarterfinal? That game was a lot closer than the final score. The fake punt TD was the play of the game. If that doesn’t happen, whole different ball game.

I remember leaving game saying Warren would undoubtedly be one of the best teams in IL in 2019. Roles are reversed for this one - Warren has the seniors/experience and will be at home.

Freuds defense plays some serious mind games on their opponents.

Freud has always been about mind games... ;)
DohyIQX.jpg

Reactions: FalconPadre
Newt - was the the feeling after last year’s quarterfinal? That game was a lot closer than the final score. The fake punt TD was the play of the game. If that doesn’t happen, whole different ball game.

I remember leaving game saying Warren would undoubtedly be one of the best teams in IL in 2019. Roles are reversed for this one - Warren has the seniors/experience and will be at home.

Not really. We couldn’t move the ball but defensively we beat up Dean pretty good.

coming into this season I think we all felt like this was possible. But not sure we thought we’d be this dominant. One more to go

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Not really. We couldn’t move the ball but defensively we beat up Dean pretty good.

coming into this season I think we all felt like this was possible. But not sure we thought we’d be this dominant. One more to go
Rice defense is for real- you won’t be able to move the ball- warren is penalty prone- very penalty prone. Rice wins a close one nexuses they are the more disciplined team

agree.

Warrens Defense was the best BR faced last season. Fake Punt and a Jump Ball we’re the first 2 scores through 3 quarters.

Watched 3 Warren games this year and they’re playing better than last yr.

Their DT and jr LB are perfect high school football players. Fast physical and 100 mph every play. Also D-1 size allows them to cause havoc

BR will have to hit the edges and stay out their.

Few reasons for hope on the BR end.
- Shaw, Bell, Rodgers, Lausch all have elite speed. And you re going need it against the blue devils
- Lausch 4th start coming up and he’s getting better every week. He hit throws this week that he missed last.
- the defense is healthy and flying around

Playing on the road against an undefeated super team with a chance to go to state.

What a time to be a Crusader.

Rice defense is for real- you won’t be able to move the ball- warren is penalty prone- very penalty prone. Rice wins a close one nexuses they are the more disciplined team

Newt.

This is not a crusader fan. He’s trying to indirectly troll.

Hats off to your blue devils. Watching them on film is fun.

If you re watching BR make sure to watch the first 8 1/2 games.

Going to be a great week of build up.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT