ADVERTISEMENT

Warren at Andrew

RPG24

Nov 9, 2021
Lagrange
I’ve decided I’m gonna go to that game on Saturday. What do I need to know about that matchup, any D1 commits? Does Andrew have a chance ?

This will be an interesting game. Andrew has a good run game and can pass a bit. Warren is pretty 1 dimensional offensively, but their O-Line is very good and their RB is fast.

I have seen Warren's D-Line dominate as they did against Stevenson this past Friday, but I also saw Lake Zurich pound the ball against them so a good power run game for Andrew may be able to get it done (but probably not). With both teams relying on the ground game this has the possibility of coming down to the end. This game may take less than an hour and a half.

I think Warren will win this one 20-7. Warren does not have a dominant offense, but when they are going right they can control the ball for almost a full quarter with Thompson toting the ball and Behrens running some keepers. Callahan can stretch the D on Jet Sweeps as well. Warren can rotate some other decent RBs into the game to stay fresh, but Thompson will do a majority of the work.

Reactions: RPG24
Exactly MS4EVER the D-Line has actually gotten better ... the D-Line & LB's are Soph/Jr with a couple of Sr. I can tell people have never seen Warren play. Warren is not sexy they play physical on defense & offense. The LB's & Secondary are very fast and physical. Adam & Charley, Cassius and Kretz TE have to be accounted for. People do not realize the warren secondary all started on BOOM Top team .... so they have played against national D1 skill guys. Warren does not have just 2 or 3 play makers they have 7or8. Plus they are coached well. Andrew will be interesting because they run a veer option scheme ... styles make games. The goal is to win & advance. I like that Warren is somewhat over looked this year. At this point ... pray 🙏🏾 you can absorb key injuries. I will be at Tinley Park on Sat. 🎢💯

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
He was at the game Friday. Had surgery. Won’t be playing football anytime soon but he’s in good spirits. Long recovery ahead as he tore about everything there was to tear.
Super sad! I’ve thought about him and his recovery since it happened. If you run into him please give him my best.

With both offenses running the ball the vast majority of the time and the weather forecast taking a turn for the worse, I could see this one being a close game. Good recipe for an upset?

Warren -28.0

Could be worse if Warren gets a TD from D or ST. Would say more if both teams didn't run the ball so much and drain clock. Hope I'm wrong and its a close and exciting game.

Reactions: RockSoup
Warren -28.0

Could be worse if Warren gets a TD from D or ST. Would say more if both teams didn't run the ball so much and drain clock. Hope I'm wrong and its a close and exciting game.
I will take that bet. I think that is way too many points to be giving to a triple option team that has only been stopped entirely by one team this year and that was LWE (who is on another level).

I will take that bet. I think that is way too many points to be giving to a triple option team that has only been stopped entirely by one team this year and that was LWE (who is on another level).
3 other teams who are not on Warrens level have held them to 14 or less points and LP gave up 28 but it took 2 OTs in scoring position to get more than 14.

3 other teams who are not on Warrens level have held them to 14 or less points and LP gave up 28 but it took 2 OTs in scoring position to get more than 14.
It could be argued that teams in their conference and division accustomed to seeing the Andrew brand of attack more regularly might have a leg up on holding that offense down. That does not explain the Kaneland result, but that seems to be an outlier on multiple levels.

Reactions: RaiderAlum50
Warren -28.0

No way. Warren got up something like 28-6 in the 2nd quarter against Stevenson then just sat on the ball the rest of the game. They maybe ran 3 or 4 plays that weren’t runs between the tackles for the last 2.5 quarters of the game. If they get a lead in this one expect more of the same

🎢 Win and advance. I watched several Andrew games 3-5 people touch 1,2 ,3, 21 and 13. The FB & QB get 85% of the balls. LWE just loaded the box played corners off 8 yards and kept knocking the heck out of FB, QB and pitch guy. There best play is the screen. I am hoping Warren can get up by 2-3 scores. Then force them to throw or rum the clock out. Styles make games. They run the clock out to limit scoring games. 🎢

Reactions: RaiderAlum50
Will Warren be disciplined enough to stop the option attack? Could this be a CG v ESTL type game?
I think so. Where I think they need to focus is on the ability of Andrew to throw the ball. With 25 mph winds and rain it may limit both teams ability to throw .

a lot of times option style teams kill the defense to sleep and beat them with the pass. I think that’s where the key lies

I turn it the other way can .... Andrew to stop Warren physical run & play action pass game. Rain does not kill Warren. Like I have said it is the 2nd season. Home of six flags. 🎢

Will Warren be disciplined enough to stop the option attack? Could this be a CG v ESTL type game?
Warren is extremely disciplined normally in terms of defensive assignments. That said they haven’t played this type of option team in a while and as we know one or two missed assignments could be major. Plus Warren is down some key defenders so inexperience may show

How about the kicking games of each team? Any advantage either way in that phase?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT