ADVERTISEMENT

Update: St Francis TJ McMillen recaps NW game day visit

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Wheaton (Ill.) St. Francis junior offensive center three star ranked recruit TJ McMillen (6-foot-3, 260 pounds) made a game day visit to Northwestern on Saturday. McMillen, who has been a major impact player for the Spartans (6-2) this season recaps his Northwestern visit and more in this latest recruiting update.

"I had a lot of fun visiting Northwestern on Saturday for the game against Rutgers," McMillen said. "I'm also focused on our game this week against Immaculate Conception and then the state playoffs after Friday's game."

McMillen discussed his game day visit thoughts from Northwestern on Saturday.

"Northwestern was really fun. It was actually my first visit. The facilities at Northwestern are amazing. Northwestern also has plans to build a new stadium and they have really big plans and the school has already invested a lot into he football program. The coaches and really everyone at Northwestern made us feel very welcomed on Saturday. I'm impressed with Northwestern's academics and playing for a school that offers strong academics will be a big part of my college decision. Earning a strong degree is very important because someday football won't be a part of the picture someday and if football doesn't work out I'll have a strong degree to help me land a good job and open up more opportunities."

McMillen, who is still in search of a scholarship offer from Northwestern is hoping that offer will come soon.

"I still don't have an offer yet from Northwestern but I was able to get really good feedback from the coaches on Saturday. Northwestern is recruiting me as a defensive linemen and the coaches are still evaluating my video from this season. I had a really good visit to Northwestern and they want me to stay in touch with them this fall and keep sending them my video."

McMillen also made a recent game day visit to the University of Iowa.

"I went to Iowa for a game day visit when they played Penn State and it was a really cool visit and experience. Kinnick Stadium was rocking at Iowa for that game and it was an amazing game day experience. Iowa just had a great game day experience and I loved pretty much everything at Iowa. Iowa is recruiting me as an offensive linemen."

Does McMillen have any upcoming game day visits planned?

"I'm taking this coming weekend off because we have playoff pairings coming out on Saturday and we are having a team party. I'm still looking to get out to make game day visits to see Cincinnati, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and also Texas Tech. We start the playoffs next week so it will be hard to make a lot of visits right now because we don't know when we will play in the state playoffs until the week of the game."

McMillen and his Spartan teammates are excited for this Friday's showdown against Immaculate Conception (8-0).

"It's a very big game for us this week against IC. It's definitely a big rivalry game for us and it's been that way ever since I've been going to St. Francis. They have a very good team and it will be a great game. They hate us and we hate them so it will be a hard hitting and a really physical game."

TJ McMillen has multiple scholarship offers.

My Take on TJ McMillen Recruiting: McMillen no question is already a nationally sought after Power 5 name in the Midwest and his stock will only continue to climb. A large majority of schools like McMillen as an offensive center type, yet his overall tools and skill set also makes him a fit on either the offensive or defensive line. McMillen is a coaches son who is just highly advanced in his game and he also is getting terrific guidance in this process as well. Look for McMillen to take several visits and get a better feel for multiple schools before starting to even begin to narrow anything down.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News