ADVERTISEMENT

Update: SHG WR Keshon Singleton talks Northwestern visit

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin (7-1) junior wide receiver prospect Keshon Singleton (6-foot-2, 180 pounds)was one of several in-state prospects who took in the Northwestern Wildcats win on Saturday over Rutgers. Singleton recaps his impressions from his Northwestern game day visit and more in this latest recruiting update.

"Northwestern was an amazing visit and experience," Singleton said. "In was able to learn more about the school and the football program at Northwestern and it was just a fun day overall."

Singleton discussed what stood out on his game day visit to Northwestern.

"We met at the brand new indoor facility then we took a bus over to the stadium after the tour of the indoor facility. The facilities at Northwestern are amazing and they also had a breakfast for us along with getting to say hello to the coaches. I had a nice talk with wide receivers coach (Dennis) Springer and he gave me some good feedback on my game. WE also got a chance to go on the sidelines before the game then had great seats for the game. Coach Springer said he will stay in touch with me and he's going to get me some suggestions and ideas on how I can improve my game. He wants me toi stay in touch with him and to keep sending my game video."

Does Singleton have any additional upcoming visits planned?

"We start the state playoffs next week so it will be hard to schedule anything for now. I'm still looking to get out to make a game day visit to see both Kansas State and also Central Michigan this season. It will all depend on whether we play on Friday nights or Saturdays in the state playoffs and we don't know when we play until the week of the game."

Singleton is also excited for the Cyclones chances this week against rival Glenwood and beyond in the state playoff field.

"Our team is really starting to come together. We have another big game this week against Chatham (Glenwood) then it's the state playoffs. We are starting to form or own identity as a team and a lot of the younger guys are really stepping up. We have a very young team this season and they are really improving. All of the underclassmen are making big strides at the right time of the year."

So how has Singleton's game improve this season?

"I'm just a much more confident player this season and I'm more confident in my abilities. I'm also working hard to step up and be a better and more vocal leader for my team this season."

My Take on Keshon Singleton Recruiting: Singleton is no question a name to watch here. Singleton has good size, a frame that will allow him to get bigger and stronger down the line and his game is strong along with his overall tools and potential. A handful of schools have reached out to him but I'm surprised more schools haven't looked harder at him for now. Look for Singleton to have a big post-season for the Cyclones this fall and for his stock to continue to rise.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News