ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Glenbard West OL Chris Terek is preparing for a busy spring eval

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Glen Ellyn (Ill.) Glenbard West junior three star ranked offensive tackle recruit Chris Terek (6-foot-6, 295 pounds) has been seeing his overall recruiting stock continue on a steady climb this spring, and could Terek draw more looks and attention starting next week? Terek checks in and updates his latest recruiting news and more here.

"I added an offer from Air Force and I really didn't see that one coming to be honest," Terek said. "I'm also getting ready for a lot of the college coaches to be back in school starting next week. We had a lot of coaches in back in January and so far it seems like we will see even more this spring according to my coaches at school."

Terek will wrap up his spring college visit travels this weekend.

"I'm going to Illinois on Saturday for a visit and the head coach (Bret Bielema) said he wants to meet me in person. I'm excited to see what Illinois has to offer and I've never been to Illinois."

More and more schools have reached out to Terek this spring.

"Besides Illinois, I've been talking more and more with the coaches at Iowa, Iowa State and also Virginia. I also still talk quite a bit with Minnesota and coach (Brian) Callahan. It seems like I'm the next guy up for a lot of those schools so the spring could be pretty important for me. I'm hoping to show a lot of those coaches just how much progress I've made this off season."

Does Terek have any summer camp plans set?

"Right now I'm not too sure about my summer camp plans. I plan to see how things go this spring with schools and if a few of those schools need to see me this summer I'll consider going to a few camps."

Has Terek set a time frame for making an eventual college decision?

"I'm still looking at making a decision sometime early this summer. I don't have any official visits set just yet. A lot of the schools who have already offered me want me to set up an official visit so I might start setting up a few visits later this spring."

Chris Terek has multiple scholarship offers.

My Take on Chris Terek Recruiting: I've said this for sometime now but Chris Terek in many ways I feel has been overlooked by several Power 5 schools. Terek, who no question played too heavy in the fall has cut weight and is stronger and faster than ever. Several Power 5/Big Ten schools remain in contact and those looks could develop into offers very quickly this spring for Terek.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News