ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from DeKalb Friday edition

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I still like DeKalb and NIU as a host. The games and the crowds still seem bigger here but it’s also very manageable

Lena Winslow can play in 3A no question about it

sterling newman central catholic is a very strong team overall nothing too fancy and they didn’t
Have any real major game breakers but just a well coached and solid team

Nashville is A very young team to watch QB RBs and some key linemen

wow was 4a fun

feel free to add any thoughts you might have etc

Lena could hang in 3A. 4A I don’t think they could run the gauntlet of IC, R-B, CC etc...

Is the NUIC a closed Conference? Lena should find out and start scheduling some 3A or 5A non conference games

I still like DeKalb and NIU as a host. The games and the crowds still seem bigger here but it’s also very manageable

Lena Winslow can play in 3A no question about it

sterling newman central catholic is a very strong team overall nothing too fancy and they didn’t
Have any real major game breakers but just a well coached and solid team

Nashville is A very young team to watch QB RBs and some key linemen

wow was 4a fun

feel free to add any thoughts you might have etc
Took in the Nashville/Sterling Newman game with my son & father in law. Nashville has some players but the Newman wishbone too tough.
Nashville’s #50, two-way lineman, was an absolute beast. Same with Newman’s #21...tough, tough runner. Fun game.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
The NUIC has two divisions. It is a closed conference. They play crossovers against each other.

NIU needs to not show ads with vibrant colors on those field level monitors. It gives the field a terrible color on camera. Other than that, I've been very pleased

Reactions: EdgyTim
It reminds me of all the MC playoff games I've watched on NFHS. This is very fitting

Reactions: Bwm57
“Lena Winslow can play in 3A no question about it”

IMO, they would go 9-0 in the metro. st Francis would have best chance to beat them but I think they are 10+ better than Mac and IC this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT