ADVERTISEMENT

The Original Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2017 - Week Ten

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
And here we are in Week Ten of high school football.
This week I'm going to let you pick the spreads.
Repeat: YOU. MUST. PICK. THE. SPREAD.
Feel free to use Massey or Calpreps.
Anyone who just lists winners . . . may you go back to quads and phony 1-8 seeding for a decade.

8A:
(27) Winnetka (New Trier) (6-3) at (6) Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (8-1) Sat 10/28 Wilmette (Loyola Academy) 2 pm

7A:
(20) Oak Park (Fenwick) (6-3) at (13) Wheaton (North) (7-2) Sat 10/28 Wheaton (North) 6 pm

(18) Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (6-3) at (15) Moline (H.S.) (7-2) Sat 10/28 Moline (H.S.) 4 pm

(22) Chicago (Simeon) (6-3) at (11) Chicago (St. Rita) (7-2) Fri 10/27 Chicago (St. Rita) 7 pm

6A:
(9) Cary (C.-Grove) (6-3) at (8) Chicago (St. Ignatius) (7-2) Fri 10/27 Chicago (St. Ignatius) 7 pm

(12) Lombard (Montini) (6-3) at (5) DeKalb (7-2) Sat 10/28 DeKalb 1 pm

(10) Chicago (De La Salle) (6-3) at (7) Hoffman Estates (H.S.) (7-2) Sat 10/28 Hoffman Estates (H.S.) 6 pm

(9) Quincy (Sr.) (6-3) at (8) Burbank (St. Laurence) (6-3) Fri 10/27 Burbank (St. Laurence) 7 pm

(13) New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (5-4) at (4) Oak Lawn (Richards) (7-2) Fri 10/27 Oak Lawn (Richards) 7 pm

(14) Aurora (Marmion Academy) (5-4) at (3) Palos Heights (Shepard) (8-1) Fri 10/27 Palos Heights (Shepard) 7:30 pm

2A:
(16) Aurora (A. Christian) (5-4) at (1) Sterling (Newman Central Catholic) (9-0) Sat 10/28 Sterling (Newman Central Catholic) 7 pm

(9) Chicago (Orr) (7-2) at (8) Chicago (C. Hope Academy) (7-2) Fri 10/27 Chicago (Altgeld Park) 7 pm

Prep Bowl:
Leo vs St Joes @ Cronin-Doyle Thu 10/26

Don't yell at me!

In the Bold is the Massey prediction

LA 33 NT 6

WN 26 FW 7

MC 39 Mol 14

SR 32 Sim 14

CG 35 Iggy 14

DeKalb 27 MCHS 22

Hoff 35 DLS 18

STL 35 Quin 21

PC 35 Richards 14

MA 32 Shepard 28

Newman 36 AC 22

Orr 28 Hope 8

Leo 26 SJ 14

My predictions will come later tomorrow after I'm done digesting 26 game films. I used the home field option and neutral site option as needed. Happy pickings!

Don't yell at me!

In the Bold is the Massey prediction

LA 33 NT 6

WN 26 FW 7

MC 39 Mol 14

SR 32 Sim 14

CG 35 Iggy 14

DeKalb 27 MCHS 22

Hoff 35 DLS 18

STL 35 Quin 21

PC 35 Richards 14

MA 32 Shepard 28

Newman 36 AC 22

Orr 28 Hope 8

Leo 26 SJ 14

My predictions will come later tomorrow after I'm done digesting 26 game films. I used the home field option and neutral site option as needed. Happy pickings!

Aaaah, the state playoffs, stealing a Jason Isbell lyric from "Speed Trap Town", is a boy's last dream and a man's first loss.

NT +27 Even with the tools available today to scout, Coaches of teams that can control a game still use only what they need in the playbook to get to next week.

WN -19 FW has been hard to predict this year. What I do know is WN, a proud program that has produced this strong team, would enjoy making a statement to the 7A brackets vs a private school.

Mol +25 MC will control game as the weather begins to mesh with the veer's strengths. Long road trip will help cover the number.

Sim +18 SR currently battling a rash of late season injuries have capable "next men up" but 18 is a big number and Simeon keeps it closer than that.

Push Iggy had a better year than people expected with a stingy defense but CG O is a step up in class. Close early but CG methodically pulls away.

MCHS +5 Broncs have been another team that has befuddled handicappers this year. DeKalb has the team to move on but the Broncos have the ability to steal one on the road leading me to take the points in a toss up

DLS +17 Hawks should win but the numbers too big for a talented Meteor team

STL -14 Vikings cruise at Home

Richards +21 See LA NT prediction

MA -4 Cadets are solid and will be too much for the Astros

AC +14 This one's for Catbox

Hope +14 Algo may be messed up due to forfeits but I'll take the well rested Eagles

Leo -12 Mighty Lions roll on in PB playoffs

Aaaah, the state playoffs, stealing a Jason Isbell lyric from "Speed Trap Town", is a boy's last dream and a man's first loss.

NT +27 Even with the tools available today to scout, Coaches of teams that can control a game still use only what they need in the playbook to get to next week.

WN -19 FW has been hard to predict this year. What I do know is WN, a proud program that has produced this strong team, would enjoy making a statement to the 7A brackets vs a private school.

Mol +25 MC will control game as the weather begins to mesh with the veer's strengths. Long road trip will help cover the number.

Sim +18 SR currently battling a rash of late season injuries have capable "next men up" but 18 is a big number and Simeon keeps it closer than that.

Push Iggy had a better year than people expected with a stingy defense but CG O is a step up in class. Close early but CG methodically pulls away.

MCHS +5 Broncs have been another team that has befuddled handicappers this year. DeKalb has the team to move on but the Broncos have the ability to steal one on the road leading me to take the points in a toss up

DLS +17 Hawks should win but the numbers too big for a talented Meteor team

STL -14 Vikings cruise at Home

Richards +21 See LA NT prediction

MA -4 Cadets are solid and will be too much for the Astros

AC +14 This one's for Catbox

Hope +14 Algo may be messed up due to forfeits but I'll take the well rested Eagles

Leo -12 Mighty Lions roll on in PB playoffs
+1 on the Jason Isbell shoutout

I'll take:

Loyola -27

Wheaton North -19

Moline +25

Simeon +18

Cary Grove -21

Montini +5 (give me the moneyline)

DLS +17

St. Laurence -14

Providence -21

Marimon -4

AC +14

Hope +14

Leo -12

I know you all would defend my picks as vigorously as you would a certain sportswriter's . . . so here goes:

SJ 28 Leo 12 note: SJ isn't one of the traditional CCLers, but they're in the Prep Bowl playoffs.
Hope 35 Orr 18 Hope is pretty good.
Newman 28 AC 14 Weather isn't a favor to the Iggles
Shepard 24 Marmion 21 Don't know much about either, but I hear the 'Stros have good WRs.
PC 21 HLR 18 Again, going on a hunch. Dogs haven't been challenged much.
SL 35 Q 14 Might be the best matchup: Vikes have a ton of speed.
HE 35 DLS 21 Just don't see the Meteors pulling off the upset in the hinterlands.
MCHS 28 DeK 21 Picking an upset.
CG 6 SI 3 Same offenses, good defenses.
SR 35 S 24 The 'Stangs will rally around the new guy.
MC 14 Moline 9 I expect one egregious call to go against the Caravan that will be talked about for years.
WN 28 F 21 Tough draw for the Friars, but they could make the game interesting.
LA 12 NT 6 It would only be fitting for this game to go late, the darkness shrouding Sachs Stadium, as the Trevians' last-ditch Hail Mary pass falls incomplete - lost in the darkness because the neighbors refused to allow Loyola to install lights.

I know you all would defend my picks as vigorously as you would a certain sportswriter's . . . so here goes:

SJ 28 Leo 12 note: SJ isn't one of the traditional CCLers, but they're in the Prep Bowl playoffs.
Hope 35 Orr 18 Hope is pretty good.
Newman 28 AC 14 Weather isn't a favor to the Iggles
Shepard 24 Marmion 21 Don't know much about either, but I hear the 'Stros have good WRs.
PC 21 HLR 18 Again, going on a hunch. Dogs haven't been challenged much.
SL 35 Q 14 Might be the best matchup: Vikes have a ton of speed.
HE 35 DLS 21 Just don't see the Meteors pulling off the upset in the hinterlands.
MCHS 28 DeK 21 Picking an upset.
CG 6 SI 3 Same offenses, good defenses.
SR 35 S 24 The 'Stangs will rally around the new guy.
MC 14 Moline 9 I expect one egregious call to go against the Caravan that will be talked about for years.
WN 28 F 21 Tough draw for the Friars, but they could make the game interesting.
LA 12 NT 6 It would only be fitting for this game to go late, the darkness shrouding Sachs Stadium, as the Trevians' last-ditch Hail Mary pass falls incomplete - lost in the darkness because the neighbors refused to allow Loyola to install lights.

Ignazio - I cannot believe you are not picking my Iggles. This is effectively the 2A state championship game. Don't you want to see AC win the 3-footer in DeKalb as their last act in the CCL? Come on man!

Ignazio - I cannot believe you are not picking my Iggles. This is effectively the 2A state championship game. Don't you want to see AC win the 3-footer in DeKalb as their last act in the CCL? Come on man!

If you screenshot then expand it 20X - it's the perfect size to print and post on the bulletin board in the AC locker room.

Reactions: Cat Box
LA by whatever they choose
BR doesn't feel playing games is worthwhile proposition
MC by whatever they choose
SR by 17 special teams will be the difference
PC by 10

WN by a FG
MCHS by 7
Marmion by 3 special teams being the difference
HE by 10

CG by 10
STL by 14 too much speed
Sterling by 10 weather does in AC unfortunately
Hope by 14 -----if QB is healthy Hope wins by 30

6-0-1 through Friday's games. With the tie being the stupid push call I made on CGs -21. I'm not taking the loss there. I wonder what the 13 team parlay would've paid off at McNally's if tomorrow's picks go this well and I didn't take the push.

Reactions: mchsalumni
6-0-1 through Friday's games. With the tie being the stupid push call I made on CGs -21. I'm not taking the loss there. I wonder what the 13 team parlay would've paid off at McNally's if tomorrow's picks go this well and I didn't take the push.

$8K?

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT