ADVERTISEMENT

The Original Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2017 - Week Five

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Aside from the conference dying and the sport dying, bad news continues to flow from Brother Rice. After the theft of wallets, pants, iPods and Rolexes at Crete-Monee, word is that a student had his set of clubs (valued at $4,000) stolen from his 2016 Buick Encore. Perhaps the kids from Providence can organize a golf supplies drive when they visit the inner-city school this weekend. New or gently-used clubs, balls, gloves, and greens fees accepted.

BLUE:

PC (2-2) @ BR (1-3) [2017] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 31, [2017] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 21
MC (3-1) @ SR (3-1)
[2017] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 34, [2017] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 14
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1)
[2017] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 28, [2017] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 3

GREEN:
MCHS (3-1) @ MA (4-0) [2017] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 34, [2017] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 22
SF (1-3) @ DLS (3-1) @ UofC
[2017] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 38, [2017] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 13
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1) above

WHITE (and RED):
TECH (2-2) @ AC (2-2) [2017] Aurora Christian (Aurora, IL) 40, [2017] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 21
Hope (4-0) @ SL (2-2)
[2017] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 35, [2017] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 22
SJ (2-2) @ SI (3-1)
[2017] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 24, [2017] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 10
BMac (1-3) @ Leo (1-3)
[2017] Bishop McNamara (Kankakee, IL) 28, [2017] Leo (Chicago, IL) 17

Reactions: guerinfbfan
Easy now. The USA Today Massey predictor which has home field option has MC 28 SR 20. Looks like Calpreps is a little out there

Reactions: ignazio
Aside from the conference dying and the sport dying, bad news continues to flow from Brother Rice. After the theft of wallets, pants, iPods and Rolexes at Crete-Monee, word is that a student had his set of clubs (valued at $4,000) stolen from his 2016 Buick Encore. Perhaps the kids from Providence can organize a golf supplies drive when they visit the inner-city school this weekend. New or gently-used clubs, balls, gloves, and greens fees accepted.

BLUE:

PC (2-2) @ BR (1-3) [2017] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 31, [2017] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 21
MC (3-1) @ SR (3-1)
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1)

GREEN:
MCHS (3-1) @ MA (4-0) [2017] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 34, [2017] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 22
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1) above

WHITE (and RED):
TECH (2-2) @ AC (2-2) [2017] Aurora Christian (Aurora, IL) 40, [2017] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 21
Hope (4-0) @ SL (2-2)
[2017] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 35, [2017] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 22
SJ (2-2) @ SI (3-1)
BMac (1-3) @ Leo (1-3)

BR +10
FW +25

MA +12
DLS -25

AC -19
SL -13
SJ +14
BMac -11

MC at SR. Great storylines in this match up. Thomas returns, last scheduled regular season game of arguably the best rivalry in Illinois, playoff implications. Both fan bases are jockeying for underdog status. Calpreps has SR by 20, USA Today has MC by 8. I don't know where the Board of Trade or firehouse lines are at. Back 4 years ago when you tested at your chosen school on a cold, January morning, you tested there so you can play in one of these. Well, here it is. Have fun, play hard.

Score? 28-24

Easy now. The USA Today Massey predictor which has home field option has MC 28 SR 20. Looks like Calpreps is a little out there
Thanks - I guess they turned on their Gambletron a week into the season. Massey/USAToday:
BR 35 PC 28
MC 28 SR 20
LA 28 F 6 (They like to tease a kicker with this score, don't they?)
MCHS 34 MA 14
DLS 35 SF 14
AC 42 TECH 14
SL 47 Hope 21
SI 28 SJ 0
BMac 31 Leo 7

Reactions: RockSoup
GREEN:
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1) above

Ignazio,

Montini beats MA in a close one. I wouldn't be surprised if this one went to overtime.
DLS beats SF
LA crushes Fenwick

BLUE:

MC (3-1) @ SR (3-1)
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1)

GREEN:
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1) above

WHITE (and RED):
Hope (4-0) @ SL (2-2)
SJ (2-2) @ SI (3-1)
BMac (1-3) @ Leo (1-3)

LA 38, Friar 10
PC 28, BR 24
MC 63, SR 2

LOL! You are unreal!

Three shutouts! MC clearly the favorite here. Edgy knows his rankings and he has MC ahead of SR.

Your a reason people hate MC, you think getting 3 shut outs against 3 minor league teams is an accomplishment.
This was an intelligent conversation until you made this statement

just seems like it is one of those year's for Rice with all that has happened. PC probly wins on a 2 pt conversion

Your a reason people hate MC, you think getting 3 shut outs against 3 minor league teams is an accomplishment.
This was an intelligent conversation until you made this statement

Did you just use the word "intelligent" in a conversation of which you are a part? LOL. I believe the proper form is "You're." It's a contraction that means "You are." Learning how to write is a skill; I suggest you take a course or something, Chief.

Reactions: ESCC fan
Did you just use the word "intelligent" in a conversation of which you are a part? LOL. I believe the proper form is "You're." It's a contraction that means "You are." Learning how to write is a skill; I suggest you take a course or something, Chief.

Take it easy grammar God. Don't you have some more kool aid to drink.

Hey, you acknowledged me with a big "G" in God. I will take that as a compliment, even from a bonehead like you!

I'm a bonehead because I don't worship MC like you do. Open your eyes, they wont make it past the 2nd round of play offs, if they make it, but hey they can beat Lane or DePaul or Taft in the Prep Bowl, but they wouldn't beat Phillips.
Cant wait to see what happens if they were to play a real team like LWE, MS, or LZ. I mean Loyola tore them up, MC fumbles were due to LA killing their offensive line. MC defense was non existent.

I'm a bonehead because I don't worship MC like you do. Open your eyes, they wont make it past the 2nd round of play offs, if they make it, but hey they can beat Lane or DePaul or Taft in the Prep Bowl, but they wouldn't beat Phillips.
Cant wait to see what happens if they were to play a real team like LWE, MS, or LZ. I mean Loyola tore them up, MC fumbles were due to LA killing their offensive line. MC defense was non existent.

Hey guy,
Wittymoniker is a staunch Rita supporter and his predicted score is obvious sandbagging. However, I can confirm he drinks Kool-Aid. Welcome to the board.

Reactions: McCaravan
Fenwick doesn't have much of a chance, just stay healthy this week and get prepared for the rest of our winnable games.

First off, we're really disappointed in the lack of animosity between fans of Carmel and Rita this week. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams came out, held hands and sang
"Why can't we be friends ...
The color the color the color of your jersey don't matter to me
As long as as long as long as we can live in harmony ...
Why can't we be friends ..."

My picks:

BLUE:
PC (2-2) @ BR (1-3) [2017] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 31, [2017] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 21 - (but PC wins)
MC (3-1) @ SR (3-1)
[2017] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 34, [2017] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 14 - (but SR wins)
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1)

GREEN:
F (3-1) @ LA (3-1) above
WHITE (and RED):
Hope (4-0) @ SL (2-2)
SJ (2-2) @ SI (3-1)
BMac (1-3) @ Leo (1-3)

If Thomas starts at QB 21-7 MC....if he does not 10-7 MC

Provi wins 35-24....I think the grind of the Rice schedule that fueled them last year hurts them this year and the losses get worse each week.

LA, Montini, De, Aurora, Laurence, Iggy and Mac all go unchallenged.

He's a Rita fan rookie.

I have no idea how to predict MC/SR....Yes MC would have scored more against LA with A.T., but they still let up 31....Heat will play a factor...team with depth who can give starters a breather will help

So word around the neighborhood is that there are some serious questions with Thomas's eligibility due to the 12 practices rule since he's been traveling with USA baseball. If he only practiced three days in the summer and missed the next couple weeks by rule he supposed to restart the 12 practices which he should not have reached by tomorrow's game. MC even petitioned the IHSA for him to be exempt which supposedly was denied so if Thomas plays and the IHSA still rules him ineligible, by rule MC is disqualified for playoffs. High School Lites even had him on camera fully padded last week which by rule was also illegal so the show might have screwed MC if the IHSA stays true to its ruling. It's a lot of hear say it I've heard it from multiple sources on both sides of fence. Not sure why MC would try to petition unless they knew there was an issue....

Anybody hear any new info??

So word around the neighborhood is that there are some serious questions with Thomas's eligibility due to the 12 practices rule since he's been traveling with USA baseball. If he only practiced three days in the summer and missed the next couple weeks by rule he supposed to restart the 12 practices which he should not have reached by tomorrow's game. MC even petitioned the IHSA for him to be exempt which supposedly was denied so if Thomas plays and the IHSA still rules him ineligible, by rule MC is disqualified for playoffs. High School Lites even had him on camera fully padded last week which by rule was also illegal so the show might have screwed MC if the IHSA stays true to its ruling. It's a lot of hear say it I've heard it from multiple sources on both sides of fence. Not sure why MC would try to petition unless they knew there was an issue....

Anybody hear any new info??
Or does MC know that and is having a laugh letting SR practice for MC with Thomas playing.

MC wins either way. The only question is by what margin.

I was wondering why the line on the game was listed as OFF on the Beverly strip.:D

It doesnt say consecutive days:

The By-laws also specify that each individual football player must participate in on-the-field practice for at least ninety (90) minutes per day on twelve (12) different days prior to playing in a contest. Please note that a practice on the day of a contest will not be counted toward this requirement.

Interested why MC felt the need to petition his eligibility and subsequently have it denied if there was no issue?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT