ADVERTISEMENT

The New CS8.... 2024 Schedule

All.... When I came across this on the Titan calender I made a mental note on following up when the results of this 16 team tourament ends and how Chatham fared. It was being shown as being a two day event?

Chatham got a pretty decent draw in their group of eight. You have to win the opening game or it's off to the consolation part of the tourney. Jacobs and Stevenson are the "heavy hitters" in that eight group. Ratsy

Hononegah
Larkin

Aurora Christian
WWS

Providence
Metea Valley

Huntley
East Aurora

Jacobs
Freeport

Stevenson
Rockford East

Chatham
Thornton

West Aurora
Niles West
The post I saw said 7 am to 1 pm today, but that could have been referring to Day 2 action.

All.... The results of the 7 on 7 at Aurora. Ratsy

Chatham defeats Thornton and West Aurora to make the semi. Stevenson over Rockford East and Jacobs as well.

Stevenson over Chatham making the final before losing to Providence from the upper bracket who wins the tournament. Titans drop the third place game to Wheaton Warrenville South.

Last edited:
The post I saw said 7 am to 1 pm today, but that could have been referring to Day 2 action.
All.... Next up for Chatham is the Titan 7 on 7 July 12.

Incoming Teams....

North Mac
Belleville West
Mt. Zion
Dunlap
Quincy

This is a tournament Chatham could win but beating the Blue Devils won't be easy. Quincy returns 3 of their 4 top receivers and the coaches kid Brayden Little at QB. I believe this will be his third year as the starter. If you recall Quincy in 2022 knocked the Titans out in round one of the playoffs. The kid also set a Class 6A record for passing yards in that game. (at that time) Around 450.

QB Little and Dad after a less then stellar Blue Devil history in postseason games have really turned their program around. If there is such a thing as a payback win in a 7 on 7 tournament this might be one for the Titans. I don't think the two teams will be meeting postseason. Chatham will be 6A. Quincy ended up in 7A last season. They could drop a class when the 256 qualifiers are announced at the end of the regular season but impossible to tell at this early date.

Preseason and in season rankings by the AP can be puzzling and head shaking but I feel like both of these schools should be rated in the top ten in their respective class. Lastly if by some chance both schools end up in 6A they could meet in the southern 6A bracket. I'd be taking copious notes and maybe a bit of video just in case July 12th. Ratsy

Reactions: FB1976

Incoming Teams....

North Mac
Belleville West
Mt. Zion
Dunlap
Quincy

This is a tournament Chatham could win but beating the Blue Devils won't be easy. Quincy returns 3 of their 4 top receivers and the coaches kid Brayden Little at QB. I believe this will be his third year as the starter. If you recall Quincy in 2022 knocked the Titans out in round one of the playoffs. The kid also set a Class 6A record for passing yards in that game. (at that time) Around 450.

QB Little and Dad after a less then stellar Blue Devil history in postseason games have really turned their program around. If there is such a thing as a payback win in a 7 on 7 tournament this might be one for the Titans. I don't think the two teams will be meeting postseason. Chatham will be 6A. Quincy ended up in 7A last season. They could drop a class when the 256 qualifiers are announced at the end of the regular season but impossible to tell at this early date.

Preseason and in season rankings by the AP can be puzzling and head shaking but I feel like both of these schools should be rated in the top ten in their respective class. Lastly if by some chance both schools end up in 6A they could meet in the southern 6A bracket. I'd be taking copious notes and maybe a bit of video just in case July 12th. Ratsy
Might try to check this out. I'm also interested in Mt Zion who improved from 6-4 in '22 to 8-3 last year. They return recruited players at both WR and TE (also a big-time hooper), although I'm not sure whether they have a returning QB. They have the potential to make a playoff run in the 4A south bracket. Last year, they narrowly lost 16-13 to Breese Central in the second round.

All.... Trimble is that wideout. I started following his game progress mid 2022 figuring SHG might have to play the Braves and gameplan how to slow him down. He had a great year as a sophomore in 2022. A force on the field as they say. Mt. Zion's very good qb has graduated by the way. Ratsy

All.... It has been in the works for quite some time. Neuhoff Media has been selling off their broadcasting holdings. Among others finalized yesterday was Sports Radio 1450, 96.7 and channel1450.com. WCI the new owners favor local coverage and reporting in their other stations. If that is correct hopefully they don't try to reinvent the wheel in the area. We will see. Ratsy

Incoming Teams....

North Mac
Belleville West
Mt. Zion
Dunlap
Quincy

Quincy will be a load. They'll remain a top tier offense reliant on outscoring opponents. The defense is average, at best, for 6A/7A football. But they can put up huge numbers on O.

Does anyone have a preseason ranking for how the East will finish?
Subject to change prior to Week 1, this is how I see it at the moment:
Rochester
Chatham
U High
Decatur MacArthur
Lincoln
Decatur Eisenhower

I will say that the difference between Rochester and Chatham is much less than last year, and some will have the Titans as preseason conference favorite. Also, I know little about MacArthur at this time except they lost Myson Cook Johnson, their QB who I really liked, and their best 2-way lineman from last year.

Reactions: Alexander32
@cornerrat @rocketnation

I had to go to a meeting at sehs yesterday. I schmoozed my way into the construction site and got a 'quick' tour due to no hard hat for me to wear. it will be a grass field. it looks to be an amazing rebuild. concessions will be separate from the new large restroom building. the home locker room is monstrous. the best thing will be a visitor's locker room on the southwest corner by where the scoreboard used to be. I regret getting distracted and failing to ask about if they were getting a videoboard, but I'm sure they will. I got to see a rendering of the entrance and it looked very impressive. they've gotten a lot of work done already.

however, seating will be the same and there will be no change in parking, so exiting the west parking lot will still be the bottleneck it has been.

Reactions: rocketnation
@cornerrat @rocketnation

I had to go to a meeting at sehs yesterday. I schmoozed my way into the construction site and got a 'quick' tour due to no hard hat for me to wear. it will be a grass field. it looks to be an amazing rebuild. concessions will be separate from the new large restroom building. the home locker room is monstrous. the best thing will be a visitor's locker room on the southwest corner by where the scoreboard used to be. I regret getting distracted and failing to ask about if they were getting a videoboard, but I'm sure they will. I got to see a rendering of the entrance and it looked very impressive. they've gotten a lot of work done already.

however, seating will be the same and there will be no change in parking, so exiting the west parking lot will still be the bottleneck it has been.

All.... I just happened to roll by the stadium early this morning Coach. A very nice rebuild in the works for sure! Because of parking I know the Spartan administration has wanted the "tailgaters" to take it nearby into the Eisenhower Park parking lot on E. Cornell during football games. A stones throw away (maybe a bit of a long one) from the entrance into the stadium. A gem of a place to set up in that I didn't even know was there until that notification. ☺️

Word out is still that all of the Spartans home games will be at Memorial Stadium due to the construction. Ratsy

Subject to change prior to Week 1, this is how I see it at the moment:
Rochester
Chatham
U High
Decatur MacArthur
Lincoln
Decatur Eisenhower

I will say that the difference between Rochester and Chatham is much less than last year, and some will have the Titans as preseason conference favorite. Also, I know little about MacArthur at this time except they lost Myson Cook Johnson, their QB who I really liked, and their best 2-way lineman from last year.
U-High and MacArthur have formed a little rivalry over the past few years, and it seems really beneficial for the Pioneers in the offseason. The same could be said for Jacksonville and U-High but they no longer play each other.

Watched the morning session of the 7 on 7 today at Chatham. The teams I saw the most of were the Titans, Normal West, Mt Zion, Quincy, and Belleville East. Saw only a bit of North Mac and Dunlap. All the teams had their good/not so good moments. Blake Lehnen from Chatham had multiple long TD's and is going to be a big match up problem for CS8 defenses. Brayden Trimble of Mt Zion was also very impressive with multiple scores as was the 3-year starting QB from Quincy who has a big arm. On the defensive side, I thought Belleville East did the best job of anticipating throws and getting either breakups or INT's.

Watched the morning session of the 7 on 7 today at Chatham. The teams I saw the most of were the Titans, Normal West, Mt Zion, Quincy, and Belleville East. Saw only a bit of North Mac and Dunlap. All the teams had their good/not so good moments. Blake Lehnen from Chatham had multiple long TD's and is going to be a big match up problem for CS8 defenses. Brayden Trimble of Mt Zion was also very impressive with multiple scores as was the 3-year starting QB from Quincy who has a big arm. On the defensive side, I thought Belleville East did the best job of anticipating throws and getting either breakups or INT's.
All.... Two wo's in that group back for the Titans opposing defenses will especially have to watch will be of course Helm and Lehnen. Watching a bit of film clips both can hurt you not only receiving but on occasion when needed running . Ratsy

All.... The 7 on 7 at Chatham. A tweet on X references that Quincy went undefeated. Ratsy

Last edited:
Did anyone get a chance to see the CS8 players compete in the Shrine Game this summer, and who all from the conference played as well?

Did anyone get a chance to see the CS8 players compete in the Shrine Game this summer, and who all from the conference played as well?

All.... Didn't attend. Red team over the Blue 21-13. The Carson brothers from Lincoln played a major role for the Red. Kion with one rushing TD. Kani all over the field on defense. Austin Cummings from Tuscola also caught one for a score.

Aidan Archibald from Charleston was named the defensive MVP for the Blue team. Ratsy

Last edited:
Just watched some of the game film, looks like the red team alone had 5 CS8 players, Southeast WR, Springfield DB, the Carson twins, and U-High’s left tackle was playing center.

Reactions: rocketnation
Just watched some of the game film, looks like the red team alone had 5 CS8 players, Southeast WR, Springfield DB, the Carson twins, and U-High’s left tackle was playing center.
the springfield player was olb, cam beckman. he is going to play at qu.

All.... I was out of state . I was told SHG looked good but hey it's a scrimmage. Ratsy P.S. This quote as well "Edwardsville is going to be a load for Chatham." ☺️
Edwardsville was at Rochester's 7 on 7 about a month ago. I missed it and wish I'd been there to check them out. I'm going to be shocked if they aren't significantly bigger upfront than the Titans.

Reactions: FB1976
U-High is currently 3-0 at the SIU 7on7’s and both sides of the line are doing very well. They defeated Red Bud, Madison, and Murphysboro.

U-High is currently 3-0 at the SIU 7on7’s and both sides of the line are doing very well. They defeated Red Bud, Madison, and Murphysboro.
I am overjoyed they beat Murphysboro. Their fans were d-bags when Rochester went down there and clocked them.

Seeing U-High’s improvements firsthand from the miserable 2020 covid season to this coming season has been something incredible to witness. The impact the last few senior classes have had can’t be understated, despite the fact that there were less than 15 members of the class of 2023 and 2024 combined.

Last edited:
@EdgyTim

well this sucks for jacksonville. their wk 1 game with soldan, mo, is no longer. soldan dropped football yesterday.

The real question is will Rochester be the only premiere program in the conference moving forward? The addition of QND hurts the conference prestige worse than the mess that is Eisenhower, Chatham is always severely overrated, SHG is the new dying dog of the area now that Plantation Ken has taken his show to a beach somewhere. 186 is always a mess.

Will it only be Rochester representing? I think yes, expect a lot from this young team as they set the tone for the next few years of dominance as new faces with old names make it clear we will earn another easy 4A title. Do the other CS8 schools even practice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT