ADVERTISEMENT

The New CS8.... 2024 Schedule

All.... When I came across this on the Titan calender I made a mental note on following up when the results of this 16 team tourament ends and how Chatham fared. It was being shown as being a two day event?

Chatham got a pretty decent draw in their group of eight. You have to win the opening game or it's off to the consolation part of the tourney. Jacobs and Stevenson are the "heavy hitters" in that eight group. Ratsy

Hononegah
Larkin

Aurora Christian
WWS

Providence
Metea Valley

Huntley
East Aurora

Jacobs
Freeport

Stevenson
Rockford East

Chatham
Thornton

West Aurora
Niles West
The post I saw said 7 am to 1 pm today, but that could have been referring to Day 2 action.

All.... The results of the 7 on 7 at Aurora. Ratsy

Chatham defeats Thornton and West Aurora to make the semi. Stevenson over Rockford East and Jacobs as well.

Stevenson over Chatham making the final before losing to Providence from the upper bracket who wins the tournament. Titans drop the third place game to Wheaton Warrenville South.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketnation
The post I saw said 7 am to 1 pm today, but that could have been referring to Day 2 action.
All.... Next up for Chatham is the Titan 7 on 7 July 12.

Incoming Teams....

North Mac
Belleville West
Mt. Zion
Dunlap
Quincy

This is a tournament Chatham could win but beating the Blue Devils won't be easy. Quincy returns 3 of their 4 top receivers and the coaches kid Brayden Little at QB. I believe this will be his third year as the starter. If you recall Quincy in 2022 knocked the Titans out in round one of the playoffs. The kid also set a Class 6A record for passing yards in that game. (at that time) Around 450.

QB Little and Dad after a less then stellar Blue Devil history in postseason games have really turned their program around. If there is such a thing as a payback win in a 7 on 7 tournament this might be one for the Titans. I don't think the two teams will be meeting postseason. Chatham will be 6A. Quincy ended up in 7A last season. They could drop a class when the 256 qualifiers are announced at the end of the regular season but impossible to tell at this early date.

Preseason and in season rankings by the AP can be puzzling and head shaking but I feel like both of these schools should be rated in the top ten in their respective class. Lastly if by some chance both schools end up in 6A they could meet in the southern 6A bracket. I'd be taking copious notes and maybe a bit of video just in case July 12th. Ratsy

All.... Next up for Chatham is the Titan 7 on 7 July 12.

Incoming Teams....

North Mac
Belleville West
Mt. Zion
Dunlap
Quincy

This is a tournament Chatham could win but beating the Blue Devils won't be easy. Quincy returns 3 of their 4 top receivers and the coaches kid Brayden Little at QB. I believe this will be his third year as the starter. If you recall Quincy in 2022 knocked the Titans out in round one of the playoffs. The kid also set a Class 6A record for passing yards in that game. (at that time) Around 450.

QB Little and Dad after a less then stellar Blue Devil history in postseason games have really turned their program around. If there is such a thing as a payback win in a 7 on 7 tournament this might be one for the Titans. I don't think the two teams will be meeting postseason. Chatham will be 6A. Quincy ended up in 7A last season. They could drop a class when the 256 qualifiers are announced at the end of the regular season but impossible to tell at this early date.

Preseason and in season rankings by the AP can be puzzling and head shaking but I feel like both of these schools should be rated in the top ten in their respective class. Lastly if by some chance both schools end up in 6A they could meet in the southern 6A bracket. I'd be taking copious notes and maybe a bit of video just in case July 12th. Ratsy
Might try to check this out. I'm also interested in Mt Zion who improved from 6-4 in '22 to 8-3 last year. They return recruited players at both WR and TE (also a big-time hooper), although I'm not sure whether they have a returning QB. They have the potential to make a playoff run in the 4A south bracket. Last year, they narrowly lost 16-13 to Breese Central in the second round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT