ADVERTISEMENT

The New CS8.... 2024 Schedule

All.... The Cyclones. Ratsy

All.... The Rockets. Ratsy

All.... The Rockets. Ratsy

The gold standard

Reactions: cigaros
All.... The Crimsons. Ratsy

It may seem silly, but as a QND alum Jacksonville has always been a game we've wanted on the schedule. I should be careful what I wish for this time, probably, entering a new era for QND. Just kind of shocking to me that it's never happened until now, honestly.

Hey Google how do the crime rates in Rochester, IL compare to the national average
Hey Google why is Razzos still allowed to operate as a buisness? Their product is disgusting. It's falsely claiming to make everything from scratch in-house, which can't be true because the pizza sauce tastes like feet and some Sysco canned crap. And the worst part, it smells like gobears25's moms' house in there, potpourri and Virginia Slim Menthols.

Last edited:
Ya, that is the big question with week 0 scrimmages. They will be going harder than inter-squad. And yes, injuries can happen at a walk though I get that.
I mean that aside, it'll be sweet to see how SHG stacks up against ESL, even in a more controlled environment versus actual game.

Reactions: rocketnation
All.... The Raiders. Ratsy

All.... The Raiders. Ratsy

All..... The Pride of the Mississippi River Bluffs. Gem City's finest. The Calf Town Catholics.

Welcome... to 10th and Jackson.

Gosh, it's a great time of year. Football season gents. It's football season.

Roamin'

😁

Reactions: Gene K.
Hey Google why is Razzos still allowed to operate as a buisness? Their product is disgusting. It's falsely claiming to make everything from scratch in-house, which can't be true because the pizza sauce tastes like feet and some Sysco canned crap. And the worst part, it smells like gobears25's moms' house in there, potpourri and Virginia Slim Menthols.
How juvenile, seems I've touched a nerve. Joke's on you anyway, I've got two Dads.

How juvenile, seems I've touched a nerve. Joke's on you anyway, I've got two Dads.
Nah man, jokes on you. I don't have nerves. 😙 Cool story though!

I ignore the thing you're either willingly or unwillingly standing up for in this instance. He's the juvenile you're speaking of.

• Angry
Reactions: gobears25
Nah bud, the jokes on you. I don't have nerves. 😙

Don't associate with t***s like DS, that thing is the only juvenile on these boards.

Obviously his nerves are hurt by these DisgustingSounds or he wouldn’t have such a visceral reaction to them. You can see the pain in his words. Too bad he learned such few words at QND and is an ineffective human being. Hurt by DisgustingSounds.

• Haha
Reactions: gobears25 and k1867
Also please note the unedited version I quoted above. RoaminCatholic, nerves so strong he rushes to edit his whiny little posts immediately. Cannot wait to see how he handles taking losses to Springfield public schools.

At first you were his “bud”, but then Mr. Nerves-of-Steel became so rattled he put on his shades and opted for the more formal “man”.

• Haha
Reactions: k1867
All.... The Pioneers. Ratsy

how is he a scumbag? do you have any knowledge of what happened?

Aside from the fact he is a kleptomaniac and left a school at the worst possible time? I am hearing this had to do with a dispute he had with the kids working at the fair. A rather petty reason to bail especially when it’s not above him to simply steal stuff from the Treasurer’s vault which he could have used to help with funds, as he’s been known to do.

A reason I just have trouble believing with the fact 186 has dumped a lot of money into Lanphier and Southeast to fix facilities.

Aside from the fact he is a kleptomaniac and left a school at the worst possible time? I am hearing this had to do with a dispute he had with the kids working at the fair. A rather petty reason to bail especially when it’s not above him to simply steal stuff from the Treasurer’s vault which he could have used to help with funds, as he’s been known to do.

A reason I just have trouble believing with the fact 186 has dumped a lot of money into Lanphier and Southeast to fix facilities.
yep, what I figured. you have no clue on 'exactly' what happened.

Reactions: cigaros
All.... The Railsplitters. Ratsy

2 things from the interview with Coach Silkowksi that stood out.

First, he said they've been able to get some basketball players to come out and that helps their overall numbers and particularly at the TE spot.

Second, their new starting QB was an OL last year. Usually, when you see a position shift to QB, it's from WR, RB, or DB. The new QB did say he was not a particularly big OL last year.

Just saw that Rochester will have a varsity scrimmage Friday, instead of Orange vs Blue.

6:45, Seniors from both teams announced. 7 pm scrimmage with Belleville West.
Well @rocketnation, I'm curious to hear your thoughts, but after the Week 0 scrimmage I'm feeling a tad underwhelmed with varsity.

The Rocket upperclassmen couldn't really get anything going on the offensive side of the ball. Lots of dropped balls and missed assignments/routes. Neither Belleville West nor Rochester scored on the 24 plays each team was allotted.

I think the defense overall performed okay, but definitely not as impressive as last year's D. The offense is really in need of some leaders to step up. No one jumps out as a star performer. Reliance on the option and runs up the middle by Zulauf were common and regularly stymied by BW.

Now for the good news...The Freshman and Sophmore teams were flat out impressive and dismantled BW. Again both teams were allotted 24 offensive plays and the Rockets scored 4 TDs to the Maroon's 1 in both games.

The Gregory brothers were electric and dominating. Khordell was the Rocket QB on the Freshman squad and threw bombs all over the field finding his brother Khornell several times. Pretty sure Khornell scored all four TDs including one pick-6. The Freshman defense was equally dominant.

The Sophmores also excelled with JP at QB and showcasing a dominant defense of their own.

All-in-all...as I suspected this season may be a rough one to experience...but in the words of Timbuk3, "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades."

Well @rocketnation, I'm curious to hear your thoughts, but after the Week 0 scrimmage I'm feeling a tad underwhelmed with varsity.

The Rocket upperclassmen couldn't really get anything going on the offensive side of the ball. Lots of dropped balls and missed assignments/routes. Neither Belleville West nor Rochester scored on the 24 plays each team was allotted.

I think the defense overall performed okay, but definitely not as impressive as last year's D. The offense is really in need of some leaders to step up. No one jumps out as a star performer. Reliance on the option and runs up the middle by Zulauf were common and regularly stymied by BW.

Now for the good news...The Freshman and Sophmore teams were flat out impressive and dismantled BW. Again both teams were allotted 24 offensive plays and the Rockets scored 4 TDs to the Maroon's 1 in both games.

The Gregory brothers were electric and dominating. Khordell was the Rocket QB on the Freshman squad and threw bombs all over the field finding his brother Khornell several times. Pretty sure Khornell scored all four TDs including one pick-6. The Freshman defense was equally dominant.

The Sophmores also excelled with JP at QB and showcasing a dominant defense of their own.

All-in-all...as I suspected this season may be a rough one to experience...but in the words of Timbuk3, "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades."
The Offense did have some snap/handoff issues, and the line didn't get much of a push on some of the running plays. 4 new starters on the O-Line not quite in sync yet more the issue than the RB's IMO. I thought in error the "O" would be a little farther along than the "D" because of Zulauf, Jacobs, and Milliron returning. Plenty of room for improvement and it needs to come quickly.

The Defense did a little better than I expected. Nothing spectacular but they seemed quicker and anticipated better during the second series of plays. Hopefully, this helped their confidence.

Bottom line, as fans we were spoiled last year. Even minus Gillespie, the '23 team stepped off the bus in Peoria ready to perform at a playoff level and with a chip on their shoulder. The Defense was second only to the '10 team in physicality and the best ever in forcing turnovers. The Offense had great balance between run/pass and a dominating O-Line.

Now's the time for the 21 Seniors to realize this is their opportunity to shine and make the necessary improvements.

Agree JP looked very good at QB for the JV, even w/out Cox and Swaney who appear to now be strictly varsity. His arm strength/accuracy is impressive. Looks like Khordell will also play a lot of WR for JV.

The Freshman are going to score a lot of points. Many big plays expected from both Gregory's and they aren't the team's only weapons. I thought the Defense had some tackling issues but that's not unexpected for a young group. Looked like they dressed about 30, which is at the high end in numbers for most Rocket classes.

I will say the '15 Offense looked rough in their scrimmage and then went out Week 1 and put 79 on Eisenhower. Next week, we'll learn a lot more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT