ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week XIV

I thought that was a weird argument. If MC was 5A they would have 20 titles. Ok, well they have twice the number of boys that JC and all the 5A schools have. What’s the point of that argument?

How many more titles would MCHS or JCA have if we played in 3A?

Reactions: Gene K.
How many more titles would MCHS or JCA have if we played in 3A?
And with regard to petitioning up, that wasn’t even an option until the last decade. JC only has one title in that decade.

also JC lost To Mascoutah a few weeks ago. How smug would it be to petition up and say we need tougher competition when we’re not even handling our current competition?

Reactions: Gene K.
That forfeit last year might have caused more problems than their administration ever imagined. Who wants to play for a program like that.
Sincerely don’t believe that will have any impact on their enrollment or athletic success. Could be wrong.

Every issue pales in comparison to a longtime school president being accused of abuse and then a criminal investigation of a different incident with the same guy resulting in stonewalling, a quick resignation, and the mysterious disappearance of a cell phone and the administrator disappearing into obscurity.

You want to be the best … play the best -- all three months of the season.

Note that we have about 30 more kids than SR, and they're in 5A today, Their supporters have mentioned playing up next year … they didn't hear that from you two/

Enjoy your Saturday morning late wake up call.

We know we're playing a great, great team this afternoon. Like the majority of my fellow alumni, we'd take greater pride in losing 7A than playing beneath what we accomplished in September and October.

He'll never address the fact that MC has more than twice as many boys as MCHS or JCA.

If you look up "OK Boomer" @MC63 is pictured.

We've played a number of schools over the years with 1500 boys … some, I believe 2000. We did pretty well.

In 8A championship games, we're 2 - 2. Of the 5 losses, overall, in championship games, we lost to the two Wheatons, Prospect and twice to Maine South. Not exactly running away from anyone.

You want to be the best … play the best -- all three months of the season.

Note that we have about 30 more kids than SR, and they're in 5A today, Their supporters have mentioned playing up next year … they didn't hear that from you two/

Enjoy your Saturday morning late wake up call.

We know we're playing a great, great team this afternoon. Like the majority of my fellow alumni, we'd take greater pride in losing 7A than playing beneath what we accomplished in September and October.
St Rita should really reconsider playing up since they can’t even handle a 4a school. Why did 5a become this hated division all of a son. I don’t understand why if someone wins 5a they don’t get a congratulations. Instead they get you suck you play absolutely no one and should be ashamed for winning a championship. Each class has there own set of top dogs. You want to win a championship in 5a you have to beat the best Jca Montini st Rita etc.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Has anybody told MC63 what an unsophisticated 4a school is doing to a far more sophisticated 7a school in the 5A championship? I don’t think it’s going to help his argument any, but he will find a way to spin it.

Has anybody told MC63 what an unsophisticated 4a school is doing to a far more sophisticated 7a school in the 5A championship? I don’t think it’s going to help his argument any, but he will find a way to spin it.
I’m sure Rochester should also be ashamed for winning 5a since it’s a trash bracket and there’s no competition in 5a. Rita should move up it would be good for them. Like Rita fans say playing in 5a is a waste of time. Wonder if Rita would still be playing today in 6,7, or 8a

I’m sure Rochester should also be ashamed for winning 5a since it’s a trash bracket and there’s no competition in 5a. Rita should move up it would be good for them. Like Rita fans say playing in 5a is a waste of time. Wonder if Rita would still be playing today in 6,7, or 8a
Rita, JC, and Montini alumni should all demand we play in a higher class all while not even winning our own class. Or even coming close really.

it is simply someone hell bent on wanting to be able to claim the most of something and since he can’t he will downplay the others’ success so he can hold on to that.

Reactions: mchsalumni
My comments on this topic are always in response to some guy claiming some sort of alleged superiority … gold standard, e.g.

Enjoy the games, boys.

Rita, JC, and Montini alumni should all demand we play in a higher class all while not even winning our own class. Or even coming close really.

it is simply someone hell bent on wanting to be able to claim the most of something and since he can’t he will downplay the others’ success so he can hold on to that.
Agreed 100%.

Agreed 100%.

Why do you Hillmen let MC63 get under your skin.

Who cares what he thinks.

Based on what I just watched, Rochester’s offense could of competed against any team in any class.

Rita would ran into some issues in round 2 of 7a playoffs with their QB play.

Why do you Hillmen let MC63 get under your skin.

Who cares what he thinks.

Based on what I just watched, Rochester’s offense could of competed against any team in any class.

Rita would ran into some issues in round 2 of 7a playoffs with their QB play.

Its really just an enjoyment in poking massive holes in the logic.

I sincerely don’t begrudge the viewpoint, though I disagree with it. I fully understand my alma mater is not in competition with MC for anything. However, I do take issue with constantly interjecting “but MCs are at a higher class” or “grain of salt” comments whenever JCs 14 titles are mentioned. Heck, there were JC guys In the thread singing MCs praises.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT