ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week X

I never totally understood that thinking. As a Pats guy, I remember our biggest rivals being Saint Joe’s and Holy Cross. We fought them like heck, but when they were playing outside of the ESCC versus non-Catholic schools we cheered for them as they were fellow cultists. It’s kind a like how you can beat up your brother but no one else can. And I do have to confess that I do cheer for the Dons when they are out there playing versus the great unwashed. Maybe us Pats guys are just more evolved than our ND brethren…

And no offense to Sterling, and may they have many wonderful seasons, but when they play a Chicago area Catholic school, regardless of who it is, I hope Sterling gets ground up.

And as for Sterling Warrior who is posting about the injuries, I keep remembering that Sterling is still highly ranked in the AP poll. And it’s not like Saint Pats has beaten any extremely powerful teams…. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I don’t have a good feel about the outcome. I guess the one thing that gives me hope for the Shamrocks is that a lot of the games they have win have been very close.

And to end my rant, how annoying is it that Nazareth with their tons of playoff success gets to play Goode while the Shamrocks, who rarely make the playoffs, and did so with a better seed, gets ranked Sterling! I know how the seeding works, but just a total bummer for the ‘rocks.

Fair enough. Just like some Cubs fans were supporting the Sox in the playoffs. I get it

To me, a rivalry is a rivalry...and if someone is truly your rival, you don't cheer for them. Like most who grew up on the NW side, I'm friends with many Shamrocks, Ramblers, Dons, Bandits, Panthers, Hawks (and even some Eagles)...but the back-and-forth between my Shamrock friends and my Don friends never stopped. Had my fair share of texts and emails from Shamrock friends when the Dons started 0-4 this year. I welcomed them back to high school football as they had been silent for the previous 10 or so years! I'd never wish ill to any of the Shamrocks on an individual level (obviously)...most share commonalities with the way I grew up. But I'd be lying if I said a slight smile didn't cross my face anytime I saw St. Patrick on the losing end of any sporting event! Guess that part of me never went away.

Anyway....is there a Prep Bowl this year or what?

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Wheaton +23
Lombard +34
South Holland +49
Downers Grove +62
Chicago (St. Rita) -28
La Grange Park (Nazareth) -43
Joliet (Catholic Academy) -40
Chicago (St. Patrick) -7
Gary Comer +62
Midlothian +38
Maple Park +35

Reactions: RockSoup
If St. Pat's upsets Sterling it will be a clean sweep. Be interesting how BR MC and SR play. I think the 7A champ will come out of that group. The interest in a possible MC BR rematch will be the highest on the South side that I can remember.

Great job my friend! To be honest though I don’t recall ever seeing a die hard Marist fan on the this board. Couple of occasional ones and a couple I think may be, but they are definitely the quietest of the CCL major football groups on this site.
🙄

Grass field at Thornwood. Hoping MC are mudders and love the slop

The interest in a possible MC BR rematch will be the highest on the South side that I can remember.
The Brother Rice Marist semi final game a few years back is something that will never be beat, in my opinion. Schools are closest in proximity, and was a semi final so it was played at the school and not in a college town.

Would love to see a SR MC rematch for 7A though

The Brother Rice Marist semi final game a few years back is something that will never be beat, in my opinion. Schools are closest in proximity, and was a semi final so it was played at the school and not in a college town.

Would love to see a SR MC rematch for 7A though
The MC vs SR game in 2013 round 2 was a crazy build up and electric atmosphere. Huge rivalry game, winner was the clear favorite the rest of the way and it absolute lived up to the billing.

Crazies had a big Mexican flag in the stands. Viva Mexico!
Chants included "How was HoCo?" & "Racist Redhawks!".
Crusaders do not tolerate racists!
We learned our lesson from the Buckwheat incident of the 90's.

Whatever happened to FLCowboy? He was about the only vocal Marist fan they've had on here.

That was like a decade ago. Listen gents can we please cut the crap with the back and forth on the mistakes these teenage students make and which school had students do what. Every school has troubled students who make mistakes, but they are a small group in otherwise enormous pond of great students each school has. So a kid wears a sombrero to egg in a school, a kid scuffs a floor out of anger, a player throws a punch in frustration....it happens, not condoning it but it happens and every school deals with disciplinary actions. But these aren’t criminal acts, DM I’ll tell you some teenage criminal acts I’ve covered that will make you sick to your stomach. These are boys making mistakes and hopefully learning from them. Let’s not get another thread flushed on BS. It’s just a high school football game.

I also don't want this even on the board and I hope the whole thing gets flushed, but just so everyone's clear what took place at homecoming was a huge misunderstanding and kids were doing a stupid kneeling/sitting gimmic for every other song if they wanted the DJ to skip it, they did this for like 15 songs. This was going on the whole dance and the guy said that kids at different schools apparently do it all the time these days..
Said with all due respect, empathy, and power to anyone who feels offended and wants to have a private discussion.

Fair enough. Just like some Cubs fans were supporting the Sox in the playoffs. I get it

To me, a rivalry is a rivalry...and if someone is truly your rival, you don't cheer for them. Like most who grew up on the NW side, I'm friends with many Shamrocks, Ramblers, Dons, Bandits, Panthers, Hawks (and even some Eagles)...but the back-and-forth between my Shamrock friends and my Don friends never stopped. Had my fair share of texts and emails from Shamrock friends when the Dons started 0-4 this year. I welcomed them back to high school football as they had been silent for the previous 10 or so years! I'd never wish ill to any of the Shamrocks on an individual level (obviously)...most share commonalities with the way I grew up. But I'd be lying if I said a slight smile didn't cross my face anytime I saw St. Patrick on the losing end of any sporting event! Guess that part of me never went away.

Yes there is and I guess ND is playing in it and I believe a few other schools are too but they’ll also wait to see what teams lose first & second round as well. Not gonna lie seeing ND start 0-4 did bring a smile to my face and not seeing them in the playoffs an even bigger one. ESCC Fan the rivalry never dies even if you’re an old washed up alum. Go Rocks!!!

Reactions: ESCC fan
I also don't want this even on the board and I hope the whole thing gets flushed, but just so everyone's clear what took place at homecoming was a huge misunderstanding and kids were doing a stupid kneeling/sitting gimmic for every other song if they wanted the DJ to skip it, they did this for like 15 songs. This was going on the whole dance and the guy said that kids at different schools apparently do it all the time these days..
Said with all due respect, empathy, and power to anyone who feels offended and wants to have a private discussion.
It felt like Marist got a raw deal from the media on this one. I know in this day in age, schools are hyper sensitive about inclusion. Marist is a great school with great students, teachers and community. Definitely sounded like a huge misunderstanding.

Reactions: BornNRazed
Wheaton +23
Lombard +34
South Holland +49
Downers Grove +62
Chicago (St. Rita) -28
La Grange Park (Nazareth) -43
Joliet (Catholic Academy) -40
Chicago (St. Patrick) -7
Gary Comer +62
Midlothian +38
Maple Park +35
Naz Covered

What Cub fans rooting for the Soxs? 🤮

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT