ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week X

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Have we got some matchups for you, no Garden State Baller required.

WWS @ BR
neutral field
[2021] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 40, [2021] Wheaton-Warrenville South (Wheaton, IL) 17

M @ GBE
neutral field
[2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 41, [2021] Glenbard East (Lombard, IL) 7

MC @ T'wood
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 52, [2021] Thornwood (South Holland, IL) 3

DGS @ LA
neutral field
[2021] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 62, [2021] Downers Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) 0

RM @ SR
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 35, [2021] Rolling Meadows (IL) 7

Naz @ Goode
neutral field
[2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 50, [2021] Goode STEM Academy [Sarah E.] (Chicago, IL) 7

Marengo @ JC
neutral field
[2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 52, [2021] Marengo (IL) 12

SP @ Sterling
neutral field
[2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 28, [2021] Sterling (IL) 21

MA @ Noble/Comer
neutral field
[2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 62, [2021] Comer Prep [Gary] (Chicago, IL) 0

Bremen @ SI
neutral field
[2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 44, [2021] Bremen (Midlothian, IL) 6

Kaneland @ F
neutral field
[2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 52, [2021] Kaneland (Maple Park, IL) 17

Good luck to all the ESCC/CCL teams, except St. Pat's. Hoping for a 10-1 week!

WWS +23 vs Brother Rice [WWS keeps it close early with defense, Crusaders pull away in 2h and win by three TDs.]

Marist -34 vs Glenbard East [All Redhawks.]

Thornwood +49 vs Mount Carmel [Caravan decide whether they want to cover or not...I'll take the side of Catholic mercy.]

DGS +62 vs Loyola [Ramblers decide whether they want to cover or not...I'll take the side of Catholic mercy.]

Rita -28 vs Rolling Meadows [It's go-time for St. Rita. I think their defense shuts RM down. And KB makes his triumphant return.]

Naz -43 vs Goode [Roadrunners decide whether they want to cover or not...I'm betting against Catholic mercy here.]

JCA -40 vs Marengo [Hilltoppers decide whether they want to cover or not...I'm betting against Catholic mercy here.]

Sterling +7 vs St. Patrick [Long trip for the Shamrocks against town that loves their team. Sterling moneyline, please.]

Comer +62 vs Marmion [Cadets decide whether they want to cover or not...I'll take the side of Catholic mercy.]

St. Ignatius -38 vs Bremen [Iggy's defense will pitch a shutout.]

Fenwick -35 vs Kaneland [Friars coming off a big win. Primed to make a run.]

IHSA will be shaking their fists at the clouds this weekend:

Brother Rice 45 Wheaton Warrenville South 10: No sweat for the Crusaders

Marist 42 Glenbard East 0: Smooth sailing for the Redhawks

Mount Carmel 56 Thornwood 0: This may be the half time score

Loyola 56 Downers Grove South 7: Easy peasy

Saint Rita 42 Rolling Meadows 13: Ponies gallop on

Nazareth 49 Goode 0: Roadrunners run away

Joliet Catholic 49 Marengo 7: Running Clock

Sterling 24 Saint Patrick 22: GOTW. Coin toss, but that's a long trip to take for a relatively evenly matched game.

Marmion 55 Noble/Comer 0: Running Clock

Saint Ignatius 49 Breman 13: No stress

Fenwick 49 Kaneland 20: Won't be a game

Yes the Young Caravan should win easily but T-Wood does play on grass and rain is predicted so it may slow things down a bit score wise. MC wins handily but take the points T-Wood is getting above.

Reactions: MC2023
Have we got some matchups for you, no Garden State Baller required.

WWS @ BR
neutral field
[2021] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 40, [2021] Wheaton-Warrenville South (Wheaton, IL) 17

M @ GBE
neutral field
[2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 41, [2021] Glenbard East (Lombard, IL) 7

MC @ T'wood
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 52, [2021] Thornwood (South Holland, IL) 3

DGS @ LA
neutral field
[2021] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 62, [2021] Downers Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) 0

RM @ SR
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 35, [2021] Rolling Meadows (IL) 7

Naz @ Goode
neutral field
[2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 50, [2021] Goode STEM Academy [Sarah E.] (Chicago, IL) 7

Marengo @ JC
neutral field
[2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 52, [2021] Marengo (IL) 12

SP @ Sterling
neutral field
[2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 28, [2021] Sterling (IL) 21

MA @ Noble/Comer
neutral field
[2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 62, [2021] Comer Prep [Gary] (Chicago, IL) 0

Bremen @ SI
neutral field
[2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 44, [2021] Bremen (Midlothian, IL) 6

Kaneland @ F
neutral field
[2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 52, [2021] Kaneland (Maple Park, IL) 17
Does 2021 Thornwood have "field-goal capability"?

This is playoff football now. CCL teams tend to take the air out of the football when they get a lead. They try to control the clock. So a lot of the games may not cover the spread.

BR 42 WWS 20

Marist 45 Glenbard East 10

MC 49 Thornwood 7 - they score on the subs

LA 55 DGS 7 - they score on the subs

SR 45 Rolling Meadows 14 - I'd like to see 5 different RB's get carries in the 1st quarter. See SR/ND 2nd half YouTube video.

Naz 49 Goode - hopefully Naz keeps the score this low**

JCA 56 Marengo 0 - hopefully JCA keeps the score this low**

St. Pat’s 24 Sterling 14? Sterling has fundamentally solid teams. But they don’t play the same level of competition that CCC/ESCC does. They lost to 3-6 Montini

Marmion 56 Noble/Comer 0**

St. I 49 Breman 10

Fenwick 49 Kaneland 14

** anyone who wants everyone to qualify for the playoffs should watch these games.

Playoff football is upon us. I always love the different matchups that we get in the playoffs. I think it’s my favorite part, seeing a team that otherwise you wouldn’t play in a season. One of my favorite trips was to see MC/GW in 2015, awful outcome for MC but what a setting in a Saturday afternoon for playoff football.

Week 10 looks like a good one for the CCL/ESCC, but take the points on some of these matchups…

WWS +23
Marist -34
Thornwood +49
DGS +62
SR -28
NAZ -43
JCA -40
Sterling +7
Comer +62
SICP -38
Fenwick -35

The more I look at the brackets the more I come back to the seedings. I think the fairest seedings are to group by class as is done currently and then seed based on playoff points and disregard the records.

Reactions: Abtyson24
This week is all about the Dogs. Experienced programs will take care of business and use the clock. Dogs will carry the day.

WWS 23 BR takes care of business but doesn’t keep their foot on the pedal

GBE 34 same thing. Marist has travelled here and won before. Coaches have a routine.

T'wood 49 rinse and repeat

DGS 62? Really? I’ve got this as a Feeto special. Ha.

SR -28 Rita rolls

Goode covers because they’ll probably forfeit. n

Marengo 40

Sterling 7 Wins straight up

Comer 62

St. Ignatius -38 Hungry after Fenwick. Uncharted territory gotta pace for the playoff stretch

Kaneland 36

Reactions: RockSoup
I love seeing your predictions on Sterling beating Saint Pat and I bleed blue and gold for my golden warriors but a lot of you must not know Sterling has 12 players out injured, 5 that play both offense and defense, including the no 1 receiver. Other players stepping up including a couple sophomores getting some good playoff experience, so hoping they are up to the task but St Pats may be too much for how injury plagued Sterling is.

I love seeing your predictions on Sterling beating Saint Pat and I bleed blue and gold for my golden warriors but a lot of you must not know Sterling has 12 players out injured, 5 that play both offense and defense, including the no 1 receiver. Other players stepping up including a couple sophomores getting some good playoff experience, so hoping they are up to the task but St Pats may be too much for how injury plagued Sterling is.
@Sterling Warrior welcome back. I just want to say having the chance to visit Roscoe Eades Stadium a couple years ago, your community does HS football and playoff football very well. Since I was treated so well in Sterling, I thought I would return the favor and give you a guide to the posters around this thread:

LA: great group but you can tell they are like the bigger brother holding you at arms length from the cupcake in their hand but instead of making fun of you, they’re nice to you. But you’re still not getting their cake.

BR: Solid group. A little bit of everything, crazy, emotional, insulting, funny. Usually go harder on each other if a game doesn’t go well.

MC: Passionate, knowledgeable group. A+ students if HS football history and HS football current events was a class, no doubt.

SR: Best looking, coolest group but still none of them know when or if KB is playing this week or any week. It’s like the Soap Opera Dallas without the accents. A cliffhanger every week until kick off

Marist: Haven’t seen them around lately. Seems the school and social media don’t mix well.

Naz: Used to be nuts. Probably still are. Time will tell. Tread carefully.

JC: Eclectic group. Individually solid as they come. Last seen as a group circling the wagons on the class/petition up issue.

SICP: Happy go lucky group. I mean high achievers no doubt. Drop football for 4 decades, then figure it all out in less than 2 decades, cmon man. Nobel Prize for collision sports achievement

Fenwick: Not saying much yet but I have a feeling they’ll be making some noise around here in November.

I don’t see the Shamrocks around much but maybe since you’re here, they’ll stop by. I hope this cheat sheet helps. Stay as long as you like and Good Luck to your Golden Warriors this weekend.

@Sterling Warrior welcome back. I just want to say having the chance to visit Roscoe Eades Stadium a couple years ago, your community does HS football and playoff football very well. Since I was treated so well in Sterling, I thought I would return the favor and give you a guide to the posters around this thread:

LA: great group but you can tell they are like the bigger brother holding you at arms length from the cupcake in their hand but instead of making fun of you, they’re nice to you. But you’re still not getting their cake.

BR: Solid group. A little bit of everything, crazy, emotional, insulting, funny. Usually go harder on each other if a game doesn’t go well.

MC: Passionate, knowledgeable group. A+ students if HS football history and HS football current events was a class, no doubt.

SR: Best looking, coolest group but still none of them know when or if KB is playing this week or any week. It’s like the Soap Opera Dallas without the accents. A cliffhanger every week until kick off

Marist: Haven’t seen them around lately. Seems the school and social media don’t mix well.

JC: Eclectic group. Individually solid as they come. Last seen as a group circling the wagons on the class/petition up issue.

SICP: Happy go lucky group. I mean high achievers no doubt. Drop football for 4 decades, then figure it all out in less than 2 decades, cmon man. Nobel Prize for collision sports achievement

Fenwick: Not saying much yet but I have a feeling they’ll be making some noise around here in November.

I don’t see the Shamrocks around much but maybe since you’re here, they’ll stop by. I hope this cheat sheet helps. Stay as long as you like and Good Luck to your Golden Warriors this weekend.
Thanks Rock, I only get on here at playoff time ya know and it’s good to catch up!

Thanks Rock, I only get on here at playoff time ya know and it’s good to catch up!
Ii
@Sterling Warrior
SR: Best looking, coolest group but still none of them know when or if KB is playing this week or any week. It’s like the Soap Opera Dallas without the accents. A cliffhanger every week...

The suspense is killing me. ....

Did John, Beth, and Kayce Dutton die?

I've been watching St. Rita football for a very long time. I've traveled to many of the games in the playoffs out of the Chicagoland area. There are two communities where I feel right at home. They are Morris and Sterling IL. I like their football and I like their communities. While I make my predictions with my head, I can still root for teams I support. Best of luck to the Warriors.

Great job my friend! To be honest though I don’t recall ever seeing a die hard Marist fan on the this board. Couple of occasional ones and a couple I think may be, but they are definitely the quietest of the CCL major football groups on this site.

Speaking of……. I saw a few crusader crazies wandering the neighborhood last Friday afternoon wearing sombreros. I’d imagine the Marist faculty was having none of that at the game.
Crazies had a big Mexican flag in the stands. Viva Mexico!
Chants included "How was HoCo?" & "Racist Redhawks!".
Crusaders do not tolerate racists!
We learned our lesson from the Buckwheat incident of the 90's.

Whatever happened to FLCowboy? He was about the only vocal Marist fan they've had on here.

You'll have many in the Niles Notre Dame community cheering on your Golden Warriors.

Crazies had a big Mexican flag in the stands. Viva Mexico!
Chants included "How was HoCo?" & "Racist Redhawks!".
Crusaders do not tolerate racists!
We learned our lesson from the Buckwheat incident of the 90's.

Whatever happened to FLCowboy? He was about the only vocal Marist fan they've had on here.
I always had the impression that Redmen85 was a Marist guy.

You'll have many in the Niles Notre Dame community cheering on your Golden Warriors.
I never totally understood that thinking. As a Pats guy, I remember our biggest rivals being Saint Joe’s and Holy Cross. We fought them like heck, but when they were playing outside of the ESCC versus non-Catholic schools we cheered for them as they were fellow cultists. It’s kind a like how you can beat up your brother but no one else can. And I do have to confess that I do cheer for the Dons when they are out there playing versus the great unwashed. Maybe us Pats guys are just more evolved than our ND brethren…

And no offense to Sterling, and may they have many wonderful seasons, but when they play a Chicago area Catholic school, regardless of who it is, I hope Sterling gets ground up.

And as for Sterling Warrior who is posting about the injuries, I keep remembering that Sterling is still highly ranked in the AP poll. And it’s not like Saint Pats has beaten any extremely powerful teams…. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I don’t have a good feel about the outcome. I guess the one thing that gives me hope for the Shamrocks is that a lot of the games they have win have been very close.

And to end my rant, how annoying is it that Nazareth with their tons of playoff success gets to play Goode while the Shamrocks, who rarely make the playoffs, and did so with a better seed, gets ranked Sterling! I know how the seeding works, but just a total bummer for the ‘rocks.

Reactions: eireog
Give me a break.
No I will not. And Edgy has tried deleting individual comments, like the one you just did, but it hasn’t stopped it from continuing, now he just flushes entire threads. Trust me I’ve been the guilty party numerous times the past years of it, just trying to save a great weekly thread. @go_rice and I hashed out a lot of BS rumors over DM last week!

Reactions: go_rice
I never totally understood that thinking. As a Pats guy, I remember our biggest rivals being Saint Joe’s and Holy Cross. We fought them like heck, but when they were playing outside of the ESCC versus non-Catholic schools we cheered for them as they were fellow cultists. It’s kind a like how you can beat up your brother but no one else can. And I do have to confess that I do cheer for the Dons when they are out there playing versus the great unwashed. Maybe us Pats guys are just more evolved than our ND brethren…

And no offense to Sterling, and may they have many wonderful seasons, but when they play a Chicago area Catholic school, regardless of who it is, I hope Sterling gets ground up.

And as for Sterling Warrior who is posting about the injuries, I keep remembering that Sterling is still highly ranked in the AP poll. And it’s not like Saint Pats has beaten any extremely powerful teams…. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I don’t have a good feel about the outcome. I guess the one thing that gives me hope for the Shamrocks is that a lot of the games they have win have been very close.

And to end my rant, how annoying is it that Nazareth with their tons of playoff success gets to play Goode while the Shamrocks, who rarely make the playoffs, and did so with a better seed, gets ranked Sterling! I know how the seeding works, but just a total bummer for the ‘rocks.
Wanna trade spots ? I'll goto the top of that quad.

Reactions: Irish LB
No I will not. And Edgy has tried deleting individual comments, like the one you just did, but it hasn’t stopped it from continuing, now he just flushes entire threads. Trust me I’ve been the guilty party numerous times the past years of it, just trying to save a great weekly thread. @go_rice and I hashed out a lot of BS rumors over DM last week!
Congrats.

Wanna trade spots ? I'll goto the top of that quad.
Good point. I was just thinking in terms of first round match ups, but after that I’m sure you would much rather be in our spot. But you know, with the Shamrocks it’s baby steps and just winning a first round game would be huge. For other schools that’s just another day at the office…

Some of my bloodiest battles were with my brother, but when we stepped out of the house we were tag team partners. I’m brushing up on those Grand old School lyrics.

With the rain today and tomorrow's forecast are any of these games on natural grass?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT