ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VII

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Must win week for the 'Runners, the Broncs, the Celts, Lion, Corsair, the Heights, the Sticks and Meteor.
Vikes and Cadets starting to sweat.
And are the 'Wings really just going to book a forfeit on paper? Should be forfeiting their Man Card for that.

JC @ BR
neutral field
[2021] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 35, [2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 34

MCHS @ M
neutral field
[2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 38, [2021] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 13

SL @ MC
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 31, [2021] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 6

PC @ LA
neutral field
[2021] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 48, [2021] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 0

SR @ Marian, Sticks
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 38, [2021] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 8

Leo @ Naz
neutral field
[2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 35, [2021] Leo (Chicago, IL) 7

BA BYE

ND @ DP
neutral field
[2021] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 35, [2021] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 21

SV @ SI
neutral field
[2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 35, [2021] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 6

SP @ F
neutral field
[2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 35, [2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 17

Marian, Heights @ DLS
neutral field
[2021] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 28, [2021] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 27

CoM @ MA
neutral field
[2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 35, [2021] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 17

Reactions: RockSoup
Said it before week 1 JCA v BR will be the best game of the year. I thought BR defense would stifle MC and Loyola would slow down BR enough for those games to not be as close as what JCA and Rice will be.

I think this is a two score game for JCA as I do not see the BR defense stopping JCA or even slowing it down.

42-28 JCA

Rice got the short end of the stick in that crossover as they drew St Laurence when they were good but this JCA team is for real.

That is the only real game of interest. Maybe Montini makes it interesting v Marist

Joliet Catholic wins big
Marist -25
Mount Carmel -25
Providence +48
St. Rita -30
Leo +28
Notre Dame -14
St. Viator +29
St. Patrick +18
Marian Catholic wins by a score
Carmel Catholic +18

Reactions: ignazio
JCA/BR should be a hell of a game. Nice Friday on the Southside--watch the Sox take the second game at a local watering hole then head on over to Brother Rice for the CCL GOTY.

JCA +1 vs BR

Montini +25 vs Marist

Mount Carmel -25 vs St. Laurence

Providence +48 vs Loyola

St. Rita -30 vs MCC

Naz -28 vs Leo

ND -14 vs DePaul

Viator +29 vs Iggy

Fenwick -18 vs St. Patrick

Marian Catholic +1 vs De La Salle

Marmion -18 vs Carmel

JCA/BR should be a hell of a game. Nice Friday on the Southside--watch the Sox take the second game at a local watering hole then head on over to Brother Rice for the CCL GOTY.

JCA +1 vs BR

Montini +25 vs Marist

Mount Carmel -25 vs St. Laurence

Providence +48 vs Loyola

St. Rita -30 vs MCC

Naz -28 vs Leo

ND -14 vs DePaul

Viator +29 vs Iggy

Fenwick -18 vs St. Patrick

Marian Catholic +1 vs De La Salle

Marmion -18 vs Carmel
My exact plans!

BR -1 Really great to see this matchup. It’ll be back and forth all game. 56-50

Montini +25 Last week’s result makes this an interesting matchup. Close at half. Can the Broncos take the game into the 4th Qtr

StL +25 Classic scenario where one team is playing their Super Bowl and the other team is just trying to get through the week healthy.

PC +48 LA cruises but the final is more 42-7

MCanes +30 The home repairs continue as leaks were spotted during the inspection. Now it’s time to see if the repairs can weather a Hurricane giving it all it has

Naz -28 Great game for Naz to continue maturing the offense behind their young signal caller

DeP +14 Rams have not been the walk in the park this year that they have been in their program’s recent past

StV +29 Give me the points

StP +18 Closer than people expect

DLS -1 Playoff game for both teams. I’ll take the Meteors at home

Marmion -18 The Cadets continue their solid play and will be looking to mess up someone’s draw come playoff pairing night

Joliet Catholic wins big
Marist -25
Mount Carmel -25
Providence +48
St. Rita -30
Leo +28
Notre Dame -14
St. Viator +29
St. Patrick +18
Marian Catholic wins by a score
Carmel Catholic +18
I actually think BR might win big! I don’t think JCA has played the caliber of teams BR has. IMO

Week 7, thy means the leaves will start changing and Halloween Candy will be bought but not handed out. The Caravan will try and right the ship, let’s see if the defense can be stingier than I am with a bag of Reese’s Cups.

BR -1
Montini +25
MC -25
Providence +48
St Rita -30
Naz -28
ND -14
SICP -29
Fenwick -18
DLS -1
COM +18

Reactions: RockSoup
This is not an anti BR post at all, I think very highly of them this year and think they’re for real but with that said I’ll take JCA.

I actually think BR might win big! I don’t think JCA has played the caliber of teams BR has. IMO
I’m inclined to agree with this. I think Rice rolls, but what do I know.

Last edited:
They beat Cardinal Ritter badly without Anderson...actually they've won most of their games without Anderson. I think JCA will score plenty, but will need a timely turnover or something to bounce their way to keep up with BR. I know they have Hood in their secondary but can their other DB's match up with BR WR's? For BR is Shaw officially suspended for Friday? Is #3 out? I'm going BR 38-35.

They beat Cardinal Ritter badly without Anderson...actually they've won most of their games without Anderson. I think JCA will score plenty, but will need a timely turnover or something to bounce their way to keep up with BR. I know they have Hood in their secondary but can their other DB's match up with BR WR's? For BR is Shaw officially suspended for Friday? Is #3 out? I'm going BR 38-35.
Shaw is out - #3 hall is 50/50 - #12 kinnard is back

Crusaders roll
Redhawks cruise
I feel sorry for what Burbankians have coming for them after Caravan 2 game losing streak
Celtics cover the 48
Mustang rolls
Roadrunner runs away with it
Ram
Lion
Friar
Cadet

BR -1
I don't get the JC hype.

MCHS +25
Broncs' playoff streak back to '93 is in jeopardy.

MC -25
I think the Vikes can keep close for a half.

PC +48
Gambletron messing with us.

Marian, Sticks +30
38 points on the pasture? Not likely.

Leo +28
Upset alert.

BA BYE

ND -14
Rams need to get started.

SV +29
Lions have players.

SP +18
Why isn't anyone talking about Jermiane Young?

Marian, Heights +1
Challenging year for both.

MA -18
Prep Bowl year for both?

Not a JCA fan just a CCL observer. Said it several weeks ago. JCA will not lose this year.

Reactions: Gene K.
BR -1
I don't get the JC hype.

MCHS +25
Broncs' playoff streak back to '93 is in jeopardy.

MC -25
I think the Vikes can keep close for a half.

PC +48
Gambletron messing with us.

Marian, Sticks +30
38 points on the pasture? Not likely.

Leo +28
Upset alert.

BA BYE

ND -14
Rams need to get started.

SV +29
Lions have players.

SP +18
Why isn't anyone talking about Jermiane Young?

Marian, Heights +1
Challenging year for both.

MA -18
Prep Bowl year for both?
I don't get the jca hype either!🤣👌

Reactions: ignazio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT