ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week V

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Don't ditch your conference, don't dance on a logo, don't refuse a locker room . . . football's getting more unwritten rules than baseball.

BR @ DLS
neutral field
[2021] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 56, [2021] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 10

M @ MA
neutral field
[2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 31, [2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 7

MC @ SI
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 40, [2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 17

LA @ F
neutral field
[2021] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 44, [2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 13

SP @ SR
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 35, [2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 10

CoM @ Naz
neutral field
[2021] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 22, [2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 17

Marian, Heights @ BA
neutral field
[2021] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 28, [2021] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 12

SV @ ND
neutral field
[2021] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 35, [2021] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 22

DP @ SL
neutral field
[2021] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 27, [2021] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 7

C-M @ JC
neutral field
[2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 48, [2021] Crete-Monee (Crete, IL) 21

Leo @ MCHS
neutral field
[2021] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 21, [2021] Leo (Chicago, IL) 20

Marian, Sticks @ PC
neutral field
[2021] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 28, [2021] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 3

Brother Rice -46 vs De La Salle

Marmion +24 vs Marist

Ignatius +23 vs Mount Carmel

Loyola -31 vs Fenwick

Rita -25 vs St. Patrick

Naz +5 vs Carmel

Benet -16 vs Marian Catholic

ND +13 vs Viator

St. Laurence -20 vs DePaul

Crete-Monee +27 vs JCA

Montini -1 vs Leo

Providence -25 vs MCC

Moneyline underdog parlay special: Nazareth and Notre Dame

Meteor +46
*The DLS football program should be better. Much better. BR will secure the win early and get the starters out to rest up for the Caravan.*

Cadet -24
*Comfortable win for RedHawk but maybe not a blowout with a little head-hang after MC loss and a little look-ahead to LA week 6.*

Wolfpack -23
*Caravan will win something like 28-7. SICP will do everything they can to shorten the game but won’t have enough to truly threaten.*

Friar +31
*Have to think Rambler’s defense tightens up after last week’s shootout but Fenwick should cover. Bigger question will be how does LA’s offense compensate for Maldonado being out?*

Mustang -25
*Anticipate the Pony Express offense to breakout after last week’s output. Especially if Marian Catholic put up 30 on Shamrock.*

Roadrunner money line
*Naz is finishing 5-4, yes?*

Spartan +16
*It appears Marian of the Heights has some talent at the skill positions. Maybe this one goes to the 4Q if Benet still banged up.*

Don +13
*Lions have a little more to play for and therefore I give them the nod for a close victory.*

Viking -20
*STL with the surprise win vs Montini and DePaul with a surprise loss vs Leo. Burbank Catholic secures their 3rd and very likely last win of the season.*

Warriors +27
*Backdoor cover here. JCA has this one in hand by the 3Q. As previously stated, Hilltopper is going 14-0.*

Bronco -1
*My head says Montini wins by a couple scores. My heart says Leo pulls off the upset. But there’s no room for emotions on this thread.*

Hurricane +25
*That’s a big number for Celtic to cover. Especially after last week’s throttling. But they know this is a must-win to get to 5 which they should do with Montini and St. Laurence still remaining.*

BR -46
M -24
MC -23
LA -31
StP +25
Naz +5
BAc -16
NND +13
StL -20
JCA -27
Mont -1
MCanes +25

Home still has many repairs left for the next 5 weeks but I’ll have enough time tonight to check in at St. Rita for the SR v BR freshman game.

Reactions: ignazio
BR wins but I hoping they don’t cover the spread. Pull the starters once the game is out of hand.
Marist wins and covers the spread
MC should cover the spread
LA covers the spread. The Friars are an enigma to me. Anyone with insights?
SR covers the spread
Naz in a mild upset
Benet covers
Viator covers
Larry covers
Joliet covers
Could the Lions pull the upset???
PC covers

Meteor +46
'Skins -26
Wolves +23
Team D1 +31
Rocks +25
'Runners +5
The Heights +16
Dons +13
Vikes -20
Saint C-M +27
L E O +1 <<< 4 pans of baked ziti on the line
Woodpile +25

Reactions: RockSoup
Never throw the fly pattern when you have a running clock and are up by more than 5 TD's, or the game is over. Run the ball between the tackles. Pull your starters.
I often thought about this back in the day when MC was running the option. If they got to a running clock situation it usually meant they did that by running all over a team. Back then MC was not a strong passing team, so wouldn’t it make sense that a team like MC should pass the ball in a running clock situation since that was their weakness and least likely way to score again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT