ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

ssi84

Sep 21, 2010
Time for everyone’s favorite post of the year. Good luck to all the test takers. Can we beat last years record of 183 posts? Will it devolve into a pizza and BR creative accounting discussion again?

Stay tuned and post those numbers!

Time for everyone’s favorite post of the year. Good luck to all the test takers. Can we beat last years record of 183 posts? Will it devolve into a pizza and BR creative accounting discussion again?

Stay tuned and post those numbers!
Others--who look down on us--will prove this "looking down on us" by commenting how peasant-like or stupid this annual top-selling thread is.

And kudos to you for posting it first. Every year, there seems to be a different poster getting this out first. I encourage all others interested to post on this thread.

It’s the Pro Bowl of threads. Nobody really cares and it doesn’t really mean anything because testing doesn’t = attending, BUT, much like the old Pro Bowl, people will tune in because there is nothing else on this time of year!

Marist 519
MC 191
Rice 190
St Rita 150
Hearing Coach Martin Hopkins hire has had a strong effect. 5 of the 7 Lowry finalists and the 2 winners tested at St. Rita with a sizable uptick in the traditional feeder schools. Reminds me of Coach Lynch’s first year at MC when he got 7 of 8.

With better success in the traditional feeder schools at St. Rita, I’ll throw it out there, I am done with the numbers reported here

Early reports are The Mustang came in and absolutely crushed the neighborhood kids and the SCC. Waiting for confirmation…. Looks like Coach Hopkins Soldiers we’re on a mission with only 3 months with boots on the ground.
Keep an eye on your local 7/11 for burner phone purchases!!!

Marty and the Hopkins family are great people - I knew that hire was going to pay off big time for the Mustangs and St Rita in no time. It also seems 150 is higher than previous years, but I may be wrong. Great to hear!!

Wonder how the Caravan did…

Marty and the Hopkins family are great people - I knew that hire was going to pay off big time for the Mustangs and St Rita in no time. It also seems 150 is higher than previous years, but I may be wrong. Great to hear!!

Wonder how the Caravan did…
Yes it’s larger than the past two years

Reactions: MCCaravan6410
I wonder what the breakdown was for boy/girl at Marist and St. Laurence?
Good question because I also heard 355 for Co-Ed DLS and did not get a breakdown.

And I wonder if they don’t report the ratio out of the gate so people assume it’s a 50/50 split. I don’t know.

Because if it’s 260 boys at Marist, 226 boys at StL and 177 boys at DLS and the other strong numbers at the all-boy options, where are they coming from? I mean great news for Catholic Education. But all our home values should triple with the amount of families with boys flocking to the south side to attend our schools.😂
But again the boy/girl ratio may not be 50/50.

Hearing Coach Martin Hopkins hire has had a strong effect. 5 of the 7 Lowry finalists and the 2 winners tested at St. Rita with a sizable uptick in the traditional feeder schools. Reminds me of Coach Lynch’s first year at MC when he got 7 of 8.

With better success in the traditional feeder schools at St. Rita, I’ll throw it out there, I am done with the numbers reported here
Just looked up the Lowry winners in the Beverly Review. Look like fine young men. I really like seeing kids coming from the neighborhood Catholic Grade Schools. They pay their bills, they study, they graduate, they go to college, and the send their kids back to their old high schools as legacies. That's the life blood of the CCL!

Just looked up the Lowry winners in the Beverly Review. Look like fine young men. I really like seeing kids coming from the neighborhood Catholic Grade Schools. They pay their bills, they study, they graduate, they go to college, and the send their kids back to their old high schools as legacies. That's the life blood of the CCL!
Just checked the article. Even better, 6 of 8 Lowry finalists tested at St. Rita. Really amazing.

I heard he was monitoring one of the rooms at ND, strictly a rumor, but he looks great in green

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
Just talked to my source on Dempster and he confirmed that Ogie Oglethorpe’s grandson tested today. Apparently coach Mertens was livid considering he had him in the stud section at SP last night. Apparently there are still some citizenship issues in the Oglethorpe family but this is great news for ND football and hockey. Go Dons!!

Just talked to my source on Dempster and he confirmed that Ogie Oglethorpe’s grandson tested today. Apparently coach Mertens was livid considering he had him in the stud section at SP last night. Apparently there are still some citizenship issues in the Oglethorpe family but this is great news for ND football and hockey. Go Dons!!
And you met little Rock last year, he told me to tell you to put the Dons hockey program on notice, he’s circling those games on the schedule next year. He’s bringing the 81 through 85 spirit back to the rink, hot pennies tossed on the ice, fan melees, bench clearers, Niles and Bridgeview cops at the ready

I’m circling them too just so I can DM you when they happen and we can meet up for some sodas off Ballard Ave. or hit up Edison Park for some pregame or postgame.

Reactions: eireog
And you met little Rock last year, he told me to tell you to put the Dons hockey program on notice, he’s circling those games on the schedule next year. He’s bringing the 81 through 85 spirit back to the rink, hot pennies tossed on the ice, fan melees, bench clearers, Niles and Bridgeview cops at the ready

I’m circling them too just so I can DM you when they happen and we can meet up for some sodas off Ballard Ave. or hit up Edison Park for some pregame or postgame.
Old Ogie has my back in the parking lot at Saints Spectrum or Ballard ice arena. The chip off the old Rock might have me cheer a little bit for the Mustangs. You’re on.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Old Ogie has my back in the parking lot at Saints Spectrum or Ballard ice arena. The chip off the old Rock might have me cheer a little bit for the Mustangs. You’re on.
Good, we’ll send Old Ogie to saints since the Skating Mustangs are in SIA in Crestwood now.
But man Saints Spectrum early 80s people standing on top of people, that band box brings back some memories

Reactions: eireog
It’s the Pro Bowl of threads. Nobody really cares and it doesn’t really mean anything because testing doesn’t = attending, BUT, much like the old Pro Bowl, people will tune in because there is nothing else on this time of year!
Nailed it. Now I’m going to mute this thread. It’s a snoozer every year outside of a 4 square mile area.

Nailed it. Now I’m going to mute this thread. It’s a snoozer every year outside of a 4 square mile area.
I know he’s muted the thread but it seems the Broncos did better when test day mattered to that area. Report back when Benet sends their list over. Oh, forgot, muted😂

I wonder how many at LA with the pending news

Loyola numbers probably mean the least of any catholic high school in this thread. Probably about 95% of the kids who test at Carmel will end up going there. Not true at Loyola.

I can name almost 30 friends of my kids in prior years who have tested there and ended up enrolled in New Trier, GBS, or another local public schools.

Lots of families looking for options depending on the results of their public school placements which don't come out until late January.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT