ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

I know he’s muted the thread but it seems the Broncos did better when test day mattered to that area. Report back when Benet sends their list over. Oh, forgot, muted😂
So who won the 59th Annual Useless Bowl for testing anyway? No clue if Montini did well or not, but numbers have been up the last 3 years...

Reactions: Gene K.
What’s a “Lowry winner?” Sounds like something from Montgomery Wards circa 1979.

I'd rather be a lottery winner, but you have to figure these kids knew each other, formed a committee, and the committee voted for Rita. I think they call it peer influence. I wonder if the vote was unanimous. I was torn between Leo and Carmel, and on the Friday before test day, a coincidence, a chance occurrence, told me to pick Carmel. It turned out to be the right decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenny27
What’s a “Lowry winner?” Sounds like something from Montgomery Wards circa 1979.
Conner Lowry was a Beverly resident and alum of St. John Fisher and Br. Rice who was killed in action serving our country in Afghanistan as a member of the Marine Corps. Each school in the Southside Catholic League nominated one player to receive this award each season and then one is chosen by his family and league based upon their leadership and sportsmanship. So definitely not something you get at Montgomery Wards.

Last edited:
Conner Lowry was a Beverly resident and alum of St. John Fisher and Br. Rice who was killed in action serving our country in Afghanistan as a member of the Marine Corps. Each school in the Southside Catholic League nominated one player to receive this award each season and then one is chosen by his family and league based upon their leadership and sportsmanship. So definitely not something you get at Montgomery Wards.
McCaravan - thank you for your explanation and history of the award. I had never heard of it before and appreciate you taking the time to educate me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT