Kaleb Brown 8 yd TD

Wilson and Brown big catch gains in drive

35-17 933 3rd qtr

Wilson one handed acrobatic TD catch

2nd TD catch of game

35-25 403 left in 3rd

10 yd TD pass
2pt conversion good

Well it's looking like another Prep Bowl for the Mustangs. Thats a bad loss. 1-3 and not a lot of room with the remainder of their schedule (ND, Provy, etc) Granted anything can happen but not much wiggle room to pull out a 5-4

I’ll be Honest here tough loss for Rita nice adjustments from Broncos. my gosh I want no part of kaleb Brown the next two years. There are going to be some sore bodies tomorrow

Report tonight while it’s fresh.

Growing pains so far for the young Mustangs. 3 terrible quarters leading to a 1-3 start. 2nd quarter vs Richards, 4th quarter v LA, and 3rd quarter tonight. They’ll get to 4 quarters of solid football sooner rather than later.

All the credit in the world to Montini and Bell, absolutely dynamite in the second half as he hit receivers in stride and the Bronco defense stiffened causing bad down and distances leading to 2 Rita turnovers.

Happy to see the St. Rita O click for a half and a drive and as much as this one hurts, we all knew 1-3 was a possibility with the opening 4 weeks when the schedule came out. Regroup, take it one week at a time, get to 4 solid quarters and lay it on the line each week.

Onto week 5 and back at home after 3 on the road. Stay undefeated at home. Go Mustangs!
Congratulations to Montini.

Well it's looking like another Prep Bowl for the Mustangs. Thats a bad loss. 1-3 and not a lot of room with the remainder of their schedule (ND, Provy, etc) Granted anything can happen but not much wiggle room to pull out a 5-4
tragic. schedule non conference gimmies, every win count...get to 5 wins, 5A road easier than the CCL/ESCC one

I’ll be Honest here tough loss for Rita nice adjustments from Broncos. my gosh I want no part of kaleb Brown the next two years. There are going to be some sore bodies tomorrow
wins need to follow good performances like it sounds like he had. hope highlights pop up somewhere

Rita is young, but IMO they are a definite playoff-caliber team. I'm not writing them off, but the path to five wins is going to be tough with their remaining schedule. Rita fans may not agree, but I never understood why they were placed in the Green. If the formula was based on the previous two year conference records (amongst other factors), I have no idea why Naz is not in the Green and Rita in the Orange.

Rita is young, but IMO they are a definite playoff-caliber team. I'm not writing them off, but the path to five wins is going to be tough with their remaining schedule. Rita fans may not agree, but I never understood why they were placed in the Green. If the formula was based on the previous two year conference records (amongst other factors), I have no idea why Naz is not in the Green and Rita in the Orange.
I’m not as worried as others about the playoffs. 4 of the next 5 games are at home.

This young St. Rita team has won (or not lost) 13 of 16 quarters vs 4 of the states top 15 programs (12 of those 16 quarters on the road).

It gets interesting in week 9 v ND. I remember in 2013, a playoff ready LA visiting a Tommy Mister led St. Rita team. Mister gets two long TD runs and LA pulls it starters. Holecek pulls his starters so they can be ready for a state run. LA ended up in the state championship game that year losing to NC 13-10. No one in the state prepares better for November than Holecek and his decision not to go toe to toe in a “meaningless” Week 9 game paid off well for a great state run that year for LA.

Which brings us to ND and a “possible” interesting Week 9 situation. They don’t have a great November history and they are great this year and have a great shot at going deep into November. So if they are comfortably in the playoffs come Week 9 on the road vs a St. Rita team playing for survival, what decision do they make? Go toe to toe for a full 4 quarters, risking something unfortunate happening to get a feather in their cap by beating Rita or go into November completely healthy and give them their best shot at the ultimate prize. So I wouldn’t put this game as an automatic loss for St. Rita despite ND being clearly better than them now. Week 9s are weird.

But week 9s are also far away. 4 of the next 5 at home. PC would love to destroy Rita, Benet would love to end St. Rita’s season. So all St. Rita can do and must do is take it one week at a time. Don’t worry about the morrow when today has enough concerns to paraphrase the Bible.

Maybe I’m the ultimate homer, but I’m not as worried about the playoffs as others. Be worried about the current week, play up to their ability each given series, leave it all on the field and good things will happen.

Rita has a very good team and are definitely playoff caliber. The Soph RB is amazing and so shifty and patient when running the football. What class is St Rita in??

Someone stated between 5a and 7a. Weren't they 7a at one time?

Rita has a very good team and are definitely playoff caliber. The Soph RB is amazing and so shifty and patient when running the football. What class is St Rita in??

Someone stated between 5a and 7a. Weren't they 7a at one time?
They are not multiplied this year so they are 5a

Based on IHSA site, approx male enrollment:

1) Loyola 1,013
2) Marist 818
3) Notre Dame 780
4) St. Ignatius 714
5) Brother Rice 713
6) Benet 664
7) St. Patrick 644
8) Carmel 620
9) Mount Carmel 618
10) Fenwick 594
11) St. Rita 580
12) Marmion 530
13) Marian Catholic 501
14) Providence 491
15) De La Salle 454
16) St. Laurence 426
17) St. Viator 418
18) Nazareth 386
19) Marian Central 338
20) Montini 325
21) Joliet Catholic 322
22) DePaul Prep 222
23) St. Joseph 177
24) Leo 131

Reactions: ESCC fan
So how is it possible for Montini with 325 male students and St Rita with 580 students to be in the same class ? 5a?

St Rita' s football enrollment should be 580 male students x 2 for all male school x 1.65 for being a private school equals

1,914 football enrollment / which is not 5a.

Not multiplied due to lack of playoff success. There is a ihsa formula which determines which open enrollment schools are multiplied. It is based on post season success

Reactions: Wassup13
So how is it possible for Montini with 325 male students and St Rita with 580 students to be in the same class ? 5a?

St Rita' s football enrollment should be 580 male students x 2 for all male school x 1.65 for being a private school equals

1,914 football enrollment / which is not 5a.

Montini gets x 2 x 1.65 because success factor applies to them.

Rita only gets x 2 and the 1.65 does not apply to them this season as they missed the playoffs last season. Recent IHSA change.

So as far as the IHSA is concerned for this season, Montini’s enrollment is 1,072 and Rita’s is 1,160.

Just the messenger.

Not multiplied due to lack of playoff success. There is a ihsa formula which determines which open enrollment schools are multiplied. It is based on post season success

Ok I thought you could only move up classes for playoff success, not move down.

Figures it was due.to IHSA fuzzy math.This is really a stupid idea.

How does a 8a school who never wins have to do to get to 1a?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Montini gets x 2 x 1.65 because success factor applies to them.

Rita only gets x 2 and the 1.65 does not apply to them this season as they missed the playoffs last season. Recent IHSA change.

So as far as the IHSA is concerned for this season, Montini’s enrollment is 1,072 and Rita’s is 1,160.

Just the messenger.

Got it but I think it's dumb.

What class is Rochester still in? Oh yeah 4a???

Ok I thought you could only move up classes for playoff succes, not move down.

Haha - fortunately schools can never go lower than the class of their “actual” enrollment.

Ok I thought you could only move up classes for playoff success, not move down.

Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT