ADVERTISEMENT

St Rita 35 Montini 45 Final

It's not busing as much as gerrymandering within a set rectangle between Richards, Eisenhower and Shepard. Not that CPS Kennedy was ever in playoff contention, but would they get a bump from having Le Claire Courts and the houses just west of there? Warren to 10A because of Delany Road?

Believe goes by playoff success over 3 years? 3 wins keeps you multiplied over that time?

What about the public school that has 840 or so students and is in the same class as the public school with 1200 students? Is that ok? Every class has a smallest school and a largest school as far as enrollment numbers and the difference is often much larger than the difference between male students at Montini & SR. What system would you employ?
Okay. Let’s stick with your example. 1200-840=360. Assume 50% are boys =180. Assume 50% are Upperclassmen and it’s about a difference of 90 boys top to bottom. Less than that if you take into account those who don’t play football.

Now balance that against >550 vs. <220 total boys to choose from being in the same class.

What am I not getting?

I’m amazed at some of the ignorance about all this on display here.

X2 applies to every single-sex school for purposes of determining enrollment.

X1.65 applies to every private (non-boundaried) school

On top of that, Success Factor moves you up a class up from where your multiplied enrollment places you all for achieving trophies in the last two years. Only applies where applicable.

Never mind that the players that brought you that success have most likely graduated. Another topic for another day.

Enrollment is based on last two years NOT the current year (which is yet another private school nut punch in a decreasing enrollment overall landscape). Nothing like socking the private’s right in their privates

So maybe someone can point to any ignorance of mine because as far as I can tell Rita gets both a X2 and a X1.65 to calculate their enrollment. Is their actual enrollment only around 300-350?
Rita been around 700

Your mind seems intent on looking at this from one direction only. Let me try to help. This isn’t about what class Montini or JCA should be in. How does the system that determines their class allow Rita to be in 5A?

I was never aware that the 1.65 multiplier could be waived. And in no instance should it be IMO.

We will hurt you if you’re good and we will help you if you’re not good is not a fair way of creating classes.

So who exactly can have their X1.65 waived? When does it turn back on?

IHSA. I Hate Secular Associations.

Waivers By-Law 3.170 provides for waivers of the 1.65 multiplier on non-boundaried schools. Waivers are granted to individual sport and activity programs on a two-year basis. Waivers are granted only in sports and activities that are conducted in more than one class. All waivers and success advancements for non-boundaried schools will be determined on the individual sport and activity program’s performance for the previous two (2) school terms. Programs at non-boundaried schools that qualify for a waiver prior to the beginning of a two-year classification period will maintain the waiver during the entire two-year classification period. Non-boundaried school programs not eligible for a waiver A sport or activity program at a particular non-boundaried school is not eligible for an automatic waiver during the two-year classification period if, over the course of the previous two (2) school terms, the program (as a team) has accomplished any of the following: Wins a trophy at the state finals, or In Football, accomplishes the following: • Wins at least three playoff games

Tired arguments all around! Hit the powder room and freshen up these hot takes! 'k thanks!

Waivers By-Law 3.170 provides for waivers of the 1.65 multiplier on non-boundaried schools. Waivers are granted to individual sport and activity programs on a two-year basis. Waivers are granted only in sports and activities that are conducted in more than one class. All waivers and success advancements for non-boundaried schools will be determined on the individual sport and activity program’s performance for the previous two (2) school terms. Programs at non-boundaried schools that qualify for a waiver prior to the beginning of a two-year classification period will maintain the waiver during the entire two-year classification period. Non-boundaried school programs not eligible for a waiver A sport or activity program at a particular non-boundaried school is not eligible for an automatic waiver during the two-year classification period if, over the course of the previous two (2) school terms, the program (as a team) has accomplished any of the following: Wins a trophy at the state finals, or In Football, accomplishes the following: • Wins at least three playoff games

So X1.65 is NOT a private school multiplier at all. It’s a success-based multiplier for SOME private schools. Not to be confused with the success factor bump up in case the X1.65 or the 2X didn’t slow you down enough.

I change my mind. Montini, JCA and all other privates belong in a class NOT under the purview of the IHSA.

Reactions: Gforce5 and Gene K.
So X1.65 is NOT a private school multiplier at all. It’s a success-based multiplier for SOME private schools. Not to be confused with the success factor bump up in case the X1.65 or the 2X didn’t slow you down enough.

I change my mind. Montini, JCA and all other privates belong in a class NOT under the purview of the IHSA.

It's a borderline fact at this point that one can't establish competitive equity in IL high school football based on enrollment.

It's a borderline fact at this point that one can't establish competitive equity in IL high school football based on enrollment.

LEet me fix it for you:
It's a borderline fact at this point that the IHSA can't establish competitive equity in IL high school football based on enrollment.

Reactions: Gene K.
I know you changed your mind in a later post, but that would put them in 5A.
Gonna type this slowly for you: I don’t care what class Montini is in. I don’t care what class Rita is in. I care that the system allows two schools that far apart in resources to be put in the same class by the system. So should you. Defeats the whole purposes of using enrollment at all.

Gonna type this slowly for you: I don’t care what class Montini is in. I don’t care what class Rita is in. I care that the system allows two schools that far apart in resources to be put in the same class by the system. So should you. Defeats the whole purposes of using enrollment at all.
How many Gross Words A Minute did you type that out? Anyways, you clearly stated before that you stated before that they should be in "Whichever class X1.65 puts them in enrollment wise." I merely told you what class that is (5A). I even recognized that you said you changed your mind later on. Not sure how you saw such a large issue with my response as I was not arguing anything.

How many Gross Words A Minute did you type that out? Anyways, you clearly stated before that you stated before that they should be in "Whichever class X1.65 puts them in enrollment wise." I merely told you what class that is (5A). I even recognized that you said you changed your mind later on. Not sure how you saw such a large issue with my response as I was not arguing anything.
Yeah... I’m not gonna be able to type slow enough for you to keep up. But thanks!

Richards has never bused in from anywhere and gotten football players out of it? Every year athletes are moving into Oak Lawn to play for Richards?
I guess it could be, happens with bball. Mopo and Simeon are stacked every year but Julian in the middle never seem to have any good bball players in their boundries.

YOU just answered your question.. you have to move into the district.

The majority of Richards students come from suburbs other than Oak Lawn. That is just where the school is located.
Richards has their own feeder system,the village of Robbins. Bus or no bus.

YOU just answered your question.. you have to move into the district.
i
But their district is a little different as the areas dont touch each other. And those areas that don't touch give them alot of athletes, no? Or is Dwayne Wade the only one.

i
But their district is a little different as the areas dont touch each other. And those areas that don't touch give them alot of athletes, no? Or is Dwayne Wade the only one.

you do not make any sense. three schools pull from all these areas???
so yeah maybe you don't get to touch areas. what is dwayne wade got to do with anything in this conversation??? he did not factor into any of richards championships??? in any sport, so he made it to the pros, good for him and god bless him. and he was generous enough to give back to the school.

so yeah maybe you don't get to touch areas. what is dwayne wade got to do with anything in this conversation??? he did not factor into any of richards championships??? in any sport, so he made it to the pros, good for him and god bless him. and he was generous enough to give back to the school.
Was using just him as an example of how nice to have boundries in that area at times. Which is the same area that I'm guessing some of the athletes on the football teams that won championships come from. Which to my point when boundries were drawn up, Richards was very fortunate to have those areas included for unlike some other public schools.

He (Wade) was gracious enough to put a bunch of my friends and classmates in his commercial

Of course they got dunked on

Reactions: go dogz
Was using just him as an example of how nice to have boundries in that area at times. Which is the same area that I'm guessing some of the athletes on the football teams that won championships come from. Which to my point when boundries were drawn up, Richards was very fortunate to have those areas included for unlike some other public schools.

but those areas, again are drawn from three schools in the district.
and which public schools do refer? which schools do not get to draw from them? where do you want them to go, 40miles from home? or Dolton, thorton districts? if you want to go or play for richards, my suggestion is to move across the street into the proper district.
all public schools have areas from which they can draw from.
if schools are part of district schools such as 218, Lincoln ways, plainfields, Naperville schools they all split from certain areas surrounding and break lines are determined.

You have thoughts on how to improve?
You don't?

Start with X1.65 being waivable. If it really isn't in place to address 30 mile radius issues then it's a success factor... so we can get rid of success factors.

Stop allowing petition ups. They're being used to jockey for position.

You wanna have restrictive transfer rules? You oughtta enforce them. And please don't tell me about Mommy's new job when you were at another school 30 miles away begging for entry the week before.

There's a good start for ya.

You don't?

Start with X1.65 being waivable. If it really isn't in place to address 30 mile radius issues then it's a success factor... so we can get rid of success factors.

Stop allowing petition ups. They're being used to jockey for position.

You wanna have restrictive transfer rules? You oughtta enforce them. And please don't tell me about Mommy's new job when you were at another school 30 miles away begging for entry the week before.

There's a good start for ya.

I have extensive. Well thought. Thorough. Documented thoughts. I also like to hear people bring ideas to the table rather than just gripe, so kudos to you.

Reactions: Rum Ham
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT