ADVERTISEMENT

St Joseph / Montini Game Cancelled

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
I saw this posted on the St Joseph facebook page..

Unfortunately do to sickness and injuries that have mounted within the program the last few weeks both games that were scheduled for tomorrow against Montini Catholic have been cancelled. This is the last thing that we wanted to do but it is the best thing for the team moving forward. We will rest up this weekend and the next game with be at Elmhurst College on Friday 10/18 against Marmion. Thank you all for your continued support!

#ChargerPride

Would this affect Montini's playoff outlook?

How bout that, Montini gets the same Bye week as the Bears.

Probably all getting ready to watch the big show...

Watson vs Mahomes.

Last edited:
Do you think they forfeit if they are playing Leo or DePaul?
If the merger holds they need to eliminate these major mismatch crossovers. Hopefully with an 8 game schedule and everyone in the playoffs these games won’t happen.

Reactions: superac777
If the merger holds they need to eliminate these major mismatch crossovers. Hopefully with an 8 game schedule and everyone in the playoffs these games won’t happen.
Never understood these matchups , I guess the Blue teams need guaranteed wins on the schedule

Would this affect Montini's playoff outlook?

How bout that, Montini gets the same Bye week as the Bears.

Probably all getting ready to watch the big show...

Watson vs Mahomes.
Not a better time for a bye for both teams.

Never understood these matchups , I guess the Blue teams need guaranteed wins on the schedule

The problem with the conference is the haves and have nots, they should really just form 2 or 3 separate conferences rather then 1. I know they are all Catholic schools but that’s about all they have in common.

This is why there would never be true split. If a group of Catholic schools left IHSA, schools like St. Joes would stay.

That is a pussy move just like Rich South vs Kankakee.Had that happened here where I live they would have to pay the other school $1,000 if it was a away game if not $1,000 to the TSSAA plus 2 year post season ban

I agree.Maybe my language was harsh but play the game & don’t wimp out.Some of the small Catholic Schools are trying to get wins,build up their program & make the playoffs.As they get better upgrade the schedule.Losing by 40,50,60 does not help

And the grandparents who were hoping to attend their grandson's first game getting some varsity play time will just get to go to Portillo's with everyone.

Don't be in the conference if you aren't willing to accept the responsibility.

Reactions: superac777
This is why there would never be true split. If a group of Catholic schools left IHSA, schools like St. Joes would stay.
There are several small Catholics like Joe’s that would benefit from a small school division. ACC, St Ed’s, Joe’s, Guerin, DePaul, handful of the christian schools.

There are several small Catholics like Joe’s that would benefit from a small school division. ACC, St Ed’s, Joe’s, Guerin, DePaul, handful of the christian schools.
Very true. That's why the CCL/ESCC merger should only be the first step. Assuming the district proposal does not happen in 2021, the next step should be folding in the private schools from the Metro Suburban. It would help create more equitable divisions and eliminate the crossovers like the Green/Red games this weekend that should not be played.

Very true. That's why the CCL/ESCC merger should only be the first step. Assuming the district proposal does not happen in 2021, the next step should be folding in the private schools from the Metro Suburban. It would help create more equitable divisions and eliminate the crossovers like the Green/Red games this weekend that should not be played.
The privates in the Metro love their conference and beating up on publics. o_Oo_O

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
The privates in the Metro love their conference and beating up on publics. o_Oo_O

Well, I want SF the heck out of the Metro as soon as possible. I want us back in the CCL. I also think there are more people at SF who agree with me than don't. It is also fair to argue if SF, IC and McNamara went back in to the CCL it could help avoid a matchup like Montini playing STJ.

Well, I want SF the heck out of the Metro as soon as possible. I want us back in the CCL. I also think there are more people at SF who agree with me than don't. It is also fair to argue if SF, IC and McNamara went back in to the CCL it could help avoid a matchup like Montini playing STJ.

SF, IC and MAC are in the metro because they want to play teams like St. Joes and not like Montini.

That whoever took St Joseph and the points this week won big time!

Is St Joe's really injured or were they all just betting the house on themselves and taking the points??

====

Line - St Joes +56

Final Montini 2 St Joseph 0 Forfeit

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
That whoever took St Joseph and the points this week won big time!

Is St Joe's really injured or were they all just betting the house on themselves and taking the points??

====

Line - St Joes +56

Final Montini 2 St Joseph 0 Forfeit
That was a forfeit? I thought it was a defensive battle won by a safety, LOL.

Reactions: ignazio
Please leave st.joseph alone,there are kids on that team that want to compete so let's stop being negative its nots an 8a enrollement ,,good luck to st. Joe and congrats to the 22 kids suited up to do their best.
You’re right. Just having fun but I get it.

That is a pussy move just like Rich South vs Kankakee.Had that happened here where I live they would have to pay the other school $1,000 if it was a away game if not $1,000 to the TSSAA plus 2 year post season ban

You have an ignorant way of characterizing things you know little about. Rather childish, AC.

Last edited:
I know a lot about it :) but thanks for your unwarranted advice

Well, you don't know how to express yourself without being vulgar and immature.

You're just one of the punks on this board that likes to bully people.

I believe you meant "unwanted" rather than "unwarranted." The term "unwarranted' might be appropriate, but it would be a real stretch. You're welcome.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT