ADVERTISEMENT

SR 2 - 0; MC 0 - 2 in CCL Blue!

All false

Bull. Two former coaches ( DLS, Leo) and a former CCL commissioner as my sources.

Or are you saying everyone in the coaching ranks love everyone? LA MC SR coaches have a different set of priorities maybe than coaches from the other conferences. No one wants crossover games in football but need the baseball, basketballs, ... schedules.

Topiary,

This is true provided the tuition gift doesn't surpass $14k then federal tax laws kick in with the dreaded gift tax!

A donor can pick up the tuition of any kid he/she wishes to. They don't get a tax deduction for that transaction if it is dedicated towards a particular student. If they donate $10K to endowment or foundation or school and there are no restrictions on use then it's up to school to decide and a tax deduction is provided

Reactions: Topiary
Sloppy game by Rice - Rita played tough for 3 and a half quarters then Rice woke up. Yes Rice D has some work - the ends bite to hard and allow outside runs to go by them. SS and FS got burned quite a bit. But hey you learn from these games. Rita in a must game on the road - if they play like they did tonite they'll beat Marmion and squeeze into the playoffs.

Well you are wrong and I will comment when and how I want. Ignore if you don't think it
But you don't know anything about coach Badke that it obviously

Well you are wrong and I will comment when and how I want. Ignore if you don't think it
But you don't know anything about coach Badke that it obviously

So this widely held opinion is a conspiracy by everyone else in the know? The more you keep picking at this the longer it takes to fade away. But then recruiting season starts soon in earnest. Let's see how how they conduct themselves this year.

Winning pissing a lot of people off. Badke conducts himself in the upmost manner both ethically and morally

Winning pissing a lot of people off. Badke conducts himself in the upmost manner both ethically and morally

R U Badke?

I believe the complaints started before the winning did. You can't do what he did St. Xavier at a high school. The learning curve may have taken him longer to figure that out. But he is also responsible for what his alumni call center does too. Maybe it's all not on him. (throwing you a bone there kid).

The boys at BR had a nice season. Why not talk about that? How about that game last night? BR exceeded everyone expectations. 8-1 is not bad. A little better defense they may have been 9-0.

Southside,

Are your nutz twisted in your knotted panties? Badke may not be my favorite coach but he's certainly better than some others out there including some public school coaches.

R U Badke?

I believe the complaints started before the winning did. You can't do what he did St. Xavier at a high school. The learning curve may have taken him longer to figure that out. But he is also responsible for what his alumni call center does too. Maybe it's all not on him. (throwing you a bone there kid).

The boys at BR had a nice season. Why not talk about that? How about that game last night? BR exceeded everyone expectations. 8-1 is not bad. A little better defense they may have been 9-0.

A donor can pick up the tuition of any kid he/she wishes to. They don't get a tax deduction for that transaction if it is dedicated towards a particular student. If they donate $10K to endowment or foundation or school and there are no restrictions on use then it's up to school to decide and a tax deduction is provided
Look, you started this shit with your constant St Rita bashing! No, my son was not just wanted for athletics. He had the grades. BR wanted him to play football and tried to sway us by offering us "aid." They wanted him for football, nothing else. I know how the system woks and I know that no CCL school gives athletic scholarships but you act like Rice has never given a kid assistance to get them in for sports! That is what it's all about! Make sure the kid has the grades so you can make it look like it is for academics. If my kid, or any kid for that matter, wanted to go to Rice but didn't offer anything athletically, you and your buddies on the Financial Committee would tell the young man that you couldn't get him in-UNLESS he has past ties to your school!

Look, you started this shit with your constant St Rita bashing! No, my son was not just wanted for athletics. He had the grades. BR wanted him to play football and tried to sway us by offering us "aid." They wanted him for football, nothing else. I know how the system woks and I know that no CCL school gives athletic scholarships but you act like Rice has never given a kid assistance to get them in for sports! That is what it's all about! Make sure the kid has the grades so you can make it look like it is for academics. If my kid, or any kid for that matter, wanted to go to Rice but didn't offer anything athletically, you and your buddies on the Financial Committee would tell the young man that you couldn't get him in-UNLESS he has past ties to your school!
BS - I am totally calling you out on this one. You think all we care about is football - you don't know jack. Email me directly and you, me, Burns and whoever you are accusing will have a pow-wow with you and your son. I want your proof. Isn't that fair to ask - hell I'm offering you your chance to back it up. To say it's our Rita bashing is BS - we don't lose any sleep over Rita. So please you want to put your BS out there then please email me directly and I will promptly have this investigated. To think we would only care about your son's football talent's over his academics or his future is pure bull.

BS - I am totally calling you out on this one. You think all we care about is football - you don't know jack. Email me directly and you, me, Burns and whoever you are accusing will have a pow-wow with you and your son. I want your proof. Isn't that fair to ask - hell I'm offering you your chance to back it up. To say it's our Rita bashing is BS - we don't lose any sleep over Rita. So please you want to put your BS out there then please email me directly and I will promptly have this investigated. To think we would only care about your son's football talent's over his academics or his future is pure bull.
You can go **** yourself!

Deny deny deny. How do you prove face to face interactions and verbal agreements? BR is one of many doing this but they are absolutely offering aid to kids based off their athletic prowess. It's actually quite an insult that you don't think members of this board are aware of this.

Deny deny deny. How do you prove face to face interactions and verbal agreements? BR is one of many doing this but they are absolutely offering aid to kids based off their athletic prowess. It's actually quite an insult that you don't think members of this board are aware of this.

He is using technicalities.

I've gotten ZERO emails sent to me on any so called "face to face" sessions and who was involved. When you make serious allegations like that and you don't at least report it then the only other alternative is to assume that it's BS or doesn't have legs. Are there kids who play sports at Rice who get financial aid - sure. Are there kids who don't play sports and get financial aid - sure. But I can say this - no one who gets financial aid at Rice is a full-pay qualifier. And I can back that up that assertion. In closing, mtskls - I appreciate the recent complement..

I'm not singling out Rice, since I think all CCL Blue teams do it. But are athletes getting more aid than non-athletes? If two kids from equally low income levels want to go to CCL Blue schools, but one kid wants to be in the band and the other is a star football player....which one will be offered more aid?

I've gotten ZERO emails sent to me on any so called "face to face" sessions and who was involved. When you make serious allegations like that and you don't at least report it then the only other alternative is to assume that it's BS or doesn't have legs. Are there kids who play sports at Rice who get financial aid - sure. Are there kids who don't play sports and get financial aid - sure. But I can say this - no one who gets financial aid at Rice is a full-pay qualifier. And I can back that up that assertion. In closing, mtskls - I appreciate the recent complement..
Do people at Rice get money that they would not get if they didn't play football?

It would not be financial aid from the school. The only way a kid could get more assistance would be through a direct alumni or outside donor contribution (which is not tax deductible) that might be dedicated toward that particular student. Or if the kid secured some sort of outside organization grant/award.
But again that happens not just for athlettes but also band members, artists and kids that don't participate in any activities Would we love to have more financial aid (through the school via indirect donations and endowment - sure - that is what we working on). However, this same premise applies to all private schools. Rice acts in compliance with all guidelines in both financial aid awards and in any outreach activities - visit the Rice FB page you can see that we actively go out to grammar schools and do band performances, host academic challenges, etc. Again if there are things you observe that you feel Rice is doing wrong then please offer specifics to me and/or directly to the school (attention Dr Burns) or to the IHSA. Some of you guys can accept above or not - but if not, know that we've offered to get to bottom of any of your accusations instead of hiding behind the veil of sour grapes on an anonymous message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: biglatte
It would not be financial aid from the school. The only way a kid could get more assistance would be through a direct alumni or outside donor contribution (which is not tax deductible) that might be dedicated toward that particular student. Or if the kid secured some sort of outside organization grant/award.
But again that happens not just for athlettes but also band members, artists and kids that don't participate in any activities Would we love to have more financial aid (through the school via indirect donations and endowment - sure - that is what we working on). However, this same premise applies to all private schools. Rice acts in compliance with all guidelines in both financial aid awards and in any outreach activities - visit the Rice FB page you can see that we actively go out to grammar schools and do band performances, host academic challenges, etc. Again if there are things you observe that you feel Rice is doing wrong then please offer specifics to me and/or directly to the school (attention Dr Burns) or to the IHSA. Some of you guys can accept above or not - but if not, know that we've offered to get to bottom of any of your accusations instead of hiding behind the veil of sour grapes on an anonymous message board.
wow are you cats serious do you really hate the fact that Rice is starting to win and getting kids that others would get. My kid just graduated from Rice . Played on the football team for 4 years . was on the the track team and the band for 4 years. I had to pay full tuition . Did I agree with everything that Coach Badke did no. But do I believe that he did the things that you are saying he did. NO I do not. Some of you guys just can't stand the fact that after being mediocre for a while and having Coach Badke turn the program around and start to get kids you wish you had their is a lot hating going on

wow are you cats serious do you really hate the fact that Rice is starting to win and getting kids that others would get. My kid just graduated from Rice . Played on the football team for 4 years . was on the the track team and the band for 4 years. I had to pay full tuition . Did I agree with everything that Coach Badke did no. But do I believe that he did the things that you are saying he did. NO I do not. Some of you guys just can't stand the fact that after being mediocre for a while and having Coach Badke turn the program around and start to get kids you wish you had their is a lot hating going on
BigLatte- thank you for your clearly defined - matter of fact post. But be prepared for those that will come back and call you a liar - that your son clearly must have only gone there to play football and that you did not pay full tuition.

You can go **** yourself!
bleeping_400w_large.jpg

BigLatte- thank you for your clearly defined - matter of fact post. But be prepared for those that will come back and call you a liar - that your son clearly must have only gone there to play football and that you did not pay full tuition.
i can refute that he actually was not going to play football changed his mind started on the freshman and soph teams and played quite a bit Sr. year graduated with a 4.4 GPA and now goes to school in the big ten not playing ball and received 2 Academic scholarships.

i can refute that he actually was not going to play football changed his mind started on the freshman and soph teams and played quite a bit Sr. year graduated with a 4.4 GPA and now goes to school in the big ten not playing ball and received 2 Academic scholarships.
Congrats to you and your son - that's all we can hope for from our grads are that they are prepared to pursue college or go right into a vocation/workforce or military service or volunteer/religious organization

Congrats to you and your son - that's all we can hope for from our grads are that they are prepared to pursue college or go right into a vocation/workforce or military service or volunteer/religious organization
thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT