ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Illinois football

Pennst79

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2017
thoughts on triad and highland and Collinsville football squads this year????

thoughts on triad and highland and Collinsville football squads this year????

I wouldn't expect too much from Collinsville or Highland. Triad is decent and should have a pretty good year, but not championship good. Overall, I'm not sure that there's anyone to get too excited about in the area other than ESL. Belleville West seems to be decent, but we won't know for sure until they play some better teams. When that happens, Belleville West is likely going to be hurt by having their star wide receiver transfer to ESL. No other teams really come to mind as far as potential this year.

Triad- They look much improved from last year. They’ve only let up 14 points all year so the defense is strong. And they have their best passing offense in recent years. The experience has really showed for them so far. In my opinion, Triad and Mascoutah are the teams to be in their conference.
Highland- Definitely not the team they’ve been the past but still seem to be solid. In week 1 they lost their first regular season game in over three years which obviously is a disappointment for them but a true testament to their recent success. They are starting a freshman at QB but he does have some seriously strong lineman for him to be behind. Highland is definitely capable of winning conference but I see them as a third or fourth place team this year. They’re the only one of these three I’ve not seen in person yet this year so my analysis on them is probably weaker. Also their former star Sam LaPorta got in the game for Iowa last week as a true freshman.
Collinsville- Serious athletes on this team which flashes through at times but they still have a lot of weaknesses. They could use some more strength on the line. Last week, they lost their starting quarterback but I have no clue for how long. The culture on the team and at the school in general definitely seems on the uptake, which is great to see. They may not break through to the playoffs this year but I’d say they will soon. They also are currently an independent for football if you didn’t know.
I go to mainly Triad games but if you have any other teams in the area you are curious about I’ll probably know something for ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT