ADVERTISEMENT

Q of the Week: Which schools are in the most need for a facility upgrades?

I believe he’s saying old home side is now visitors and they put in a new home side replacing old visitors side.
All.... Sorry I wasn't clear. They took the old home side stands which had much more seating and put it on the visitors side. New seating was then installed on the Celtic side. Ratsy

I hope CG never upgrades to turf. Keep the grass and water it up in freezing weather for the playoffs. Like with Phillips, allegedly. :p
That sounds like a few crybabies from ESL when a bunch of white kids half their size from Burbank Illinois beat their butts. Most of the Flyer fans knew though Reavis Rams were better

Providence was bad years ago, Have they made improvements. Again it been along time since I watched a game there.
As much as Private schools get shit on I recall in the playoffs not long ago Providence Catholic hosting Fenger or some CPS team. The CPS team didn't even have cleats to wear to play on the muddy field so the nice people from Providence got them shoes to use for the game

Reactions: corey90
The facility disparities between Maine South & Maine West and East remains striking. Especially considering they are all in District 207. Most multi school districts in the area are very focused on equal distribution of resources. Not this one.

All.... Roamin' knows much more about this then me. QND did a rehab with their stadium in 2014. Turf, lights and stands. Of course back then the thought of joining the CS8 wasn't in the Raiders mind. It will be interesting to see if larger crowds make the trek to Advance Field and fill up the stands. You know me rocketnation might need a little add on the away side. "Our History" 2014 has a small picture of the field. 😇 Ratsy
https://www.quincynotredame.org/about/history/

We've held a few big games here. Much like maybe the Rockets, we're quite fond of our "SRO" seating options. Bleachers are available for those who want them. It's more than our 7A public counterpart offers across town, for whatever that's worth. Vast improvement over the city dump we used to play on. Although we enjoyed the mud bowls back then too!

Reactions: rocketnation
Knew I'd seen a post a long time ago showing the away bleachers. This is further back then I thought but here you go, ratsy! Bring-your-own-chair seating and standing is allowed around both end zones and all four corners.

Entrance right off 9th and Van Buren (Tailgate house) for visitors as well. Tailgate house is the house with the concrete pad on the side on NW corner of 9th and Van Buren, directly across the street from left field of the baseball field.

Hardest part of gameday at QND is the parking. For bigger games, the lot fills fast and many end up parking on streets surrounding the school. Down 9th Street, 10th Street, along Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison Street and then there's a park on the east side of the school (11th Street) with very limited parking available as well. 8th Street is a no-go for parking.

Last edited:
Knew I'd seen a post a long time ago showing the away bleachers. This is further back then I thought but here you go, ratsy! Bring-your-own-chair seating and standing is allowed around both end zones and all four corners.

Entrance right off 9th and Van Buren (Tailgate house) for visitors as well. Tailgate house is the house with the concrete pad on the side on NW corner of 9th and Van Buren, directly across the street from left field of the baseball field.

Hardest part of gameday at QND is the parking. For bigger games, the lot fills fast and many end up parking on streets surrounding the school. Down 9th Street, 10th Street, along Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison Street and then there's a park on the east side of the school (11th Street) with very limited parking available as well. 8th Street is a no-go for parking.

All....Nice upgrade on the stadium Roamin'. After watching some film the streets for parking appears to be where some of the fun occurs. ☺️ Knock on wood looking forward to making the trip. A short quick stop to the church of Hooligans down the street and then onto those streets. Ratsy

All....Nice upgrade on the stadium Roamin'. After watching some film the streets for parking appears to be where some of the fun occurs. ☺️ Knock on wood looking forward to making the trip. A short quick stop to the church of Hooligans down the street and then onto those streets. Ratsy
Hooligans? The bar? Idk what the crowd is like in there anymore, ratsy. Prob 0% football though... Unless you know someone? I guess being a rat you prefer the holes in the wall, aye? 😁

If you want to stay south side and relatively close to the field I'd personally make a few different suggestions...

1. The Scoreboard - good burgers, small dive atmosphere. Lots of local sports fans. 8th and York. Sits in the shadows of the old Brewery. Square in the heart of Calf Town, Quincy's German District.

2. Harrison Pub - liquids only, outdoor patio, super easy commute back to QND. Just east of the HyVee on Harrison, 7 or 8 blocks from the stadium.

3. Mr. Bills - If you want fried food, come experience what Qtown does best, one of the OG "bar and grill" spots in the Q. Awesome place to meet up during lent. Fish specials are amazing. 12th and Ohio, a mile north of QND.

4. Down Home Pub and Eatery - speakeasy vibes, walk down the steps into this shotgun establishment. Has had many names over the years, but always a vibrant place to get a cheap drink. Between Ohio and State on S. 9th.

If wanting to venture further, I'd suggest Platt Daddy BBQ, old friend of mine, solid selection of smoked meats. They do offer on tap and canned/bottled selections as well. 6th and Hampshire. Or, as all Quincyans usually suggest to outsiders... the McLean monopoly of "hometown" restaurants... Gem City Pizza and Mexican, Tower Pizza and Mexican, Kelly's, The Abbey... that's the big 4, they do own a couple more though. O'Shea's on the north side is always solid too. Bar and Grill, Irish pub feel. Places like this are on just about every corner in Quincy. Just drive down any four block stretch and you'll find a decent B&G. 17th and State is also a good one, usually. Solid Tenderloin, or used to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT