Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochelle

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Solorio

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Rest of the Field

Votes: 26 32.5%

• Total voters
Trying not to be a homer here but if JCA gets into the playoffs they will be very tough. Their ESCC conference games get them more than ready for the playoffs.

I will take rest of field with 10% chance Rochester bumps to 5A

All.... Rochester can always petition (they have till September) the IHSA and play up in Class 5A.

A toss up for me. Sticking with my Catholic brothers in arms JCA or Marian Central Catholic. Ratsy

Hey "Mr. T" why the deletion of your last post on here? Aren't you a MCC alum? Did you get too much grief from others for standing up for them...weak. Just curious.

Hey "Mr. T" why the deletion of your last post on here? Aren't you a MCC alum? Did you get too much grief from others for standing up for them...weak. Just curious.
Did you read the post I had up? I thought best to keep my predictions to my self. That is why I deleted it. Weak.... for standing up for them? I have never gotten grief for standing up for MCC, have you? Okay I will repost what I said...All the cards point to Sterling to win 5A this year. However I believe that if MCC stays heathy and gets into the playoffs after a tough ESCC schedule, they will win 5A. Also look out for JCA, they could be the dark horse this year to win it!.... Well diesel I don't know if I put it exactally how I had it, but it is the same message.

Last edited:
MCC is a quality program with a quality schedule. 5A is weak and I think any school that plays very good competition in the regular season has a shot at 5A

Reactions: Paliakas1
Last time I checked "Mr. T" a forum like this a platform for your/ones opinions...when did it change? Oh you have spoke against MCC in the past rather loudly so please don't sell me any BS. You back pedaled out of my question as I asked you WHY was it necessary to delete your previous post? You have never seemed to care before about spewing your opinions. God forbid you pick MCC to win 5A...it's not a stretch at all. We will see if you ever think its best to keep your predictions to yourself again...then why chime in at all? Forums like these are fun...stand by what you say. Your previous message was fine I merely asked why take it down.

Reactions: FF92
5a is kinda weak this year.
MCC stays healthy and when their o-line matures they will be a contender.
All the other pieces are in place from O-D-ST.

Had to pick pick others:
JCA
or
Sterling

LOL 5A is filled with 5A public schools. If it is "weak" you're saying you dont belong playing those guys so kindly request up to the level where the vast majority of the schools in it aren't "weak" to you.

Reactions: mylittlearcher
I wish the coaches would request to move up - but thats another thread.

With the couple year old rule of moving up a class if you're the champ or in the final, it would be implied that MCC/JCA/Sterling and several other teams that struggled to go far in the post season, would have a better chance to move deeper into the play-offs.
So, yes, 5a is "weak" compared to years past. Not saying they still don't have to play the games, blah blah blah. I think you get it having 17k posts.

The numbers are way down at MCC. (blame who or whatever) If they're gonna make a go of it, this would be the year. Montini, SHG, up in 6a.
However, they have a tough schedule - Oak Creek (WI) running clocked Lutheran with 5min to go in the second quarter. Cumberland was 9-0 last year and had a good play-off run. Then the ESCC play begins and it will be tough to find 5 W's.

The Hilltoppers will score a ton of points.
The big question for them is if the Defense can keep their opponents from outscoring them.

Phillips wants in the DSR so badly they have scheduled LA week 1 and are now playing up in 5A and thus a part of the EDGY Challenge.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT