ADVERTISEMENT

Rita vs. DLS: did Rita have toughest schedule?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . just asking. Don't know what other schools have gone through, and I do know SR had a weaker opponent here or there, but five losses to semi-finalists.

JCA-Richard-LA-Bronco-BR

Anyway, congrats to all teams involved in the playoffs to this point. With SR playing some newbies, the Meteor may win this game?

JCA had a pretty gnarly schedule. Four teams they played in the regular season are in the Semis

With all 5 of those semi-finalists, SR also had 2 more playoff qualifying teams to play with Providence & DLS (5-4 missed playoffs on points). They beat DLS & stayed within 1, 2 scores of everyone except Loyola this year too. Really tough schedule ... but that's CCL football ...

Reactions: Gene K.
With all 5 of those semi-finalists, SR also had 2 more playoff qualifying teams to play with Providence & DLS (5-4 missed playoffs on points). They beat DLS & stayed within 1, 2 scores of everyone except Loyola this year too. Really tough schedule ... but that's CCL football ...
Poor Rita right? Rice/Marist/MC/Richards making final 4 has to affect 'recruiting' these schools fight for same kids. Yes most games were close this year, but is a breath of fresh air needed (not talking coaching change)

Rita sophs did well with that same schedule so they'll be fine. I think I'm missing the point of your comment too ... nobody is saying Rita got screwed or treated unjustly in any way just that they played a tougher regular season schedule which was recognized due to the success of over half of their opponents still playing in all of the higher class semis. Thats all...

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
A couple of years back MC missed the playoffs. Last year BR missed the playoffs too. A lot of people on the board went off the rails. Look how well BR and MC bounced back. This year was SR’s turn. To expect there never to be a down year is unrealistic.

Rita missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 6 years and they’ve rebounded each time and are still getting good players coming so no need to panic.

Reactions: Gene K.
In looking at their schedule next year, they should start 2-0 as JC and HLR lose everybody. Beyond that i am not sure I do not know what teams like Benet, ND bring back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT