ADVERTISEMENT

Recap: North Central College Wednesday Missouri/WMU/Wyo 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was at NCC on Wednesday the final camp of three satellite camps for the Naperville based school.

This camp featured the Missouri/Wisconsin/Western Michigan staffs along with multiple FCS level coaches in attendance.

Numbers? Roughly 320-350 kids...easily the biggest of the three dates and you could have easily fit the first two days campers into this camp...and the Wednesday camp still had nearly 100 more kids. The overall talent level was exceptional on Wednesday.

With a camp of this size....I'll readily admit that I was not able to see all 350 plus campers yet God knows I try. I'm sure I'll miss some great performances etc. If you know of how I can watch 350 plus kids at once...please let me know.

The only real issue I saw was having so many kids on hand meant the testing phase went way long and left a very minimal portion left for one on ones and positional work. I spent the one on one portion on the grass fields with the linemen and the LB/TE (I spent the first two days with the skills).
Otherwise kudos to all at NCC for putting on an incredible camp experience.

Who Stood Out? Class of 2019/2020
(kids who I've seen for the first time and/or kids who caught my attention)

QB Ben Thorson Wheaton Academy 2019- will no question be one of a handful of QB's in the 2019 class with a chance to play at the D1 level. Thorson, the younger brother of Clayton Thorson (NWestern) is still growing and will add much more size and strength. Throws a great ball and will just get better and better,

QB Payton Thorne Napervillle Central 2019- saw Thorne for three straight days. Like him on all three days.

RB Anthony Williams Jr. Simeon 2019- Measured in at 5-foot-11 1/2 and 186 pounds. Williams Jr. is a bigger back with really good speed and wiggle. Just a terrific on the hoof kid here with a ton of upside. Will be a bigger D1 name.

RB Kyle Davis Mount Carmel 2019- Checked in at 6-foot-0, 1/2 and 203 pounds. Haven't seen anything on Davis yet but here is a kid with great size and was impressive in drill and positional work.

DB Khalil Saunders Immaculate Conception 2019- first time I've watched Saunders live and was impressed with his speed and quickness. Also has decent size (5-foot-11, 172 pounds) as well.

DB Marquae Kirkendoll Simeon 2019- Another impressive kid from Simeon here. Good quickness speed and change of direction and also showed good ball skills as well.

RB JaQuan Buchanan West Aurora 2019- Not the biggest kid (5-foot-6 1/2 165 pounds) but talk about speed and quicks....wow.

DE Elijah Beach Streamwood 2019- was a three time camper at NCC. See Monday for more on Beach.

OL Michael McNicholas Montini 2019- another multi-session kid here. Was easily one of the best 2019 linemen I saw all week.

LB James Balli DeKalb 2019- decent sized linebacker (6-foot-1, 174 pounds) who needs to add more weight and size but who also moves well and looked solid here. I'll definitely look more at this kid this fall.

OL Matt Keeler Nazareth Academy 2019- another decent 2019 OL here. Has made progress in the weight room and at 6-foot-4, 300 pounds has good size.

DE Khali Saunders Immaculate Conception 2019- already has drawn BCS offers and rightfully so. Long tall and lanky kid (6-foot-3, 214 pounds) who could grow into a potential DE at the college level.

WR Jeremy Puckett Nazareth 2019- another Naz kid who will be a big time player. Measured in at 6-foot-2 1/2 and 166 pounds and Puckett will get bigger and stronger from here on out. Impressive quickness and ball skills here.

WR Mosche Rogers West Aurora 2019- in case you haven't noticed West Aurora has some really talented kids and that includes Rogers. Good size (6-foot-0, 190 pounds) and hands.

WR Mekhl McCarthy Vernon Hills 2019- another multi-session name who stood out here.

LB Armoni Dixon Loyola 2019- vwery quick and very athletic kid here. Impressive size (6-foot-2, 212 pounds) who will also add more size over the next year plus. Battled hard in one on ones.

Ol Nick Broeker SHG 2019- several things to like about Broeker including the fact that this is a kid who is still growing and who will also add more weight and bulk over the next few years. Broeker measured in at 6-foot-4 1/2 263 pounds and has the frame to become a 290-300 pounder down the line. Showed decent feet and quickness and does well with pass pro.

DL Cameron Leach Nazareth 2019- another kid who just shows up and shows out. Always goes hard in one on ones and just battles.

DB Devin Blakley Nazareth 2019- yes In know all these Naz kids....but it's the God's honest truth the Road Runners are loaded with young talent and Blakley is yet another high level name to watch.

QB Josh Beetham Yorkville 2020- Was able to catch some of the underclassmen QB;s and Beetham no question three the football pretty well here. Definitely a name to watch this fall.

Ol Dylan Barrett St. Charles East 20200 younger kid here but also has really good size (6-foot-4, 260 pounds). Needs to improve his overall speed and quickness but the base size and frame is there.

QB JJ McCarthy Naz 2021- yeah I know it just won't stop with these damn Naz kids...yet for as kid who weights 143 pounds McCarthy can flat out sling the football and has impressive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News