ADVERTISEMENT

Recap: North Central College Tuesday (Minnesota) 2019 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was at NCC on Tuesday the first of three satellite camps for the Naperville based school. This camp featured the Minnesota staff along with coaches from Illinois State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State, University of Indianapolis among others.
Numbers? Again not great numbers roughly 120-130 kids...perfect numbers yet surprising so far how overall numbers seem to be a bit down so far. The good here was that Minnesota had several of it's current commits work out which added to the overall talent level.

Again at this stage my main time and focus is spent watching 2019 and 2020 kids yet I was also able to see some 2018's who stood out.

Class of 2019/2020

QB Matthew Judd LW East 2019- really good sized kid (6-foot-0 1/2, 184 pounds) who also has an impressive arm. Shows well in various positional work and is also an athletic kid. Needs to junior tape this fall but is definitely a name to know heading into the season.

QB Connor Buyck Kaneland 2019- had to have at least a few Kaneland kids here with PJ Fleck in the house. Buyck has really good size (6-foot-4, 6-foot-3 1/2 161 pounds) and while needing to add more weight and strength has some positives and upside. Will be a watch list kid for me no doubt.

WR Mekhi McCarthy Vernon Hills 2019- great sized kid at 6-foot-3, 182 pounds. Ran well, has really good length (77 inch reach) and will no question become a 190-200 pounder down the line. Used his hands well here.

Ol Adian Landt Crystal Lake Central 20198- it's official...CLC will have one of the largest offensive lines in the state in 2017. Landt is more of an interior guy (6-foot-2, 270 pounds) who showed really good feet and balance and is pretty mobile.

OL Elijah Moscinski Nazareth 2019- Huge kid (56-foot-5, 395 pounds) here who no question is very much still a work in progress. However, if Elijah can cut weight and keep improving upon is overall feet and quickness...he does mover better than I expected for a 400 pounder. With such a high demand and low supply for true OT body types...look for this kid to be on more than a few listings. More of a longer term project type worth tracking.

OL Michael McNicholas Montini 2019- wrote about McNicholas in Monday's report. Good sized interior guy who was one of the better overall OG's at this cap.

WR Kobe Owens-Collins Taft 2019- pretty well out together receiver (6-foot-0 1/2 170 pounds) who showed decent hands and quickness.

DL Elijah Beach Streamwood 2019- wrote about Elijah on Monday was also impressive at times here. Goos size at 6-foot-2, 229 pounds.

DL Isaiah Brown-Dietzman Wheaton South- another repeat camper who continues to impress so far.

WR DeAngelo Hardy Lakes 2019- just had a decent camp here. Checked in at 5-foot-11, 183 pounds and showed a good mix of quickness, hands and good strength as well. Very solid in positional drill work.

QB Payton Thorne Naperville Central 2019- see Monday's recap for more. Still one of the top 2019 QB's I've seen live so far.

WR Michael Love Nazareth 2019- Love might of been one of the most impressive athletes in the 2019 group on Tuesday. His overall size/height will be an issue but his God given athleticism and game won't be whatsoever. Another repeat NCC camper here.

TE Duke Ogles New Trier 2019- was easily the best tight end here. Runs really well, hads impressive hands and checked in at 6-foot-3 1/2 227 pounds. Ogles is also drawing recruiting looks at DE and he just has all the tools to become a high level TE/DE in the 2019 class.

LB Matt Brenneisen SHG 2019- by far the biggest Brenneisen, one of the royal QB families at SHG over the years...Mat has really good size (6-foot-1, 232 pounds) and is taylor made as an inside linebacker at the college level. Brenneisen is always on the hop and is also very active and physical in coverage.

LB Ross Valenti Mount Carmel 2019- typical well schools MC player here. Was very solid in drill and positional work. Not sure on his overall speed/40 time but has a good first steQBp and decent quickness.

QB Chris Selig Lakes 2020- I didn't get a chance to talk to Chris but just his on the hoof look he's a relation to Lakes and WMY commit LB Ryan Selig. Chris is also a good sized kid (6-foot-1, 194 pounds) who's a strong all around athlete. Selig no question will add more size and strength down the line as well.

QB Mark Gronowski Neuqua Valley 2020- another good sized kid (6-foot-1, 191 pounds) who looked and played older here.

DL Jacob Snell Benet Academy 2020- Impressive on the hoof (6-foot-3, 205 pounds) for a 2020 kid. Moves well and no question is a watch list kid to keep track of this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News