ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Which games should happen every year?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Q: Which games/team should play every single year? Maybe two area teams that used to play but don't play any longer....or two teams who have just never squared off who you would love to see? This will be part of our NBCSC Live segment in Wednesday at 12PM so let me know your thoughts here.

Montini/Naz

Benet/Montini

Neuqua/LWE.

Waubonsie/Oswego. - want that non con game back! LoveD watching those games when they had them running each year before the conference closing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bronco man
MS seems to lock up tough opponents week 1 and 2 going back almost 10 years, debateably longer- I loved the two montini years (both staffs extremely close, MS shared offense with montini as well, great competitiveness), WWS when they were good. LWE both years was awesome. Not sure what they have lined up next year besides MC week 2 but hope they keep bringing in great opponents who are willing to do home and homes

Reactions: WIU78
McNamara vs. Manteno...

Manteno has never played a regular season game against a non-I8 opponent...Manteno plays at Homestar Bank Field - and Homestar is also a major Mac supporter, with most of the higher ups Mac (or St. Patricks) alums...But not gonna happen unless a playoff game or districts are implemented, because Manteno's new AD detests the Irish...

A return to the traditional Herscher - McNamara rivalry is more likely...In 1988, the last time the Tigers & Irish faced off before the 2014 playoffs, Herscher changed jerseys after warmups - to jerseys that read BEAT MAC!

Reactions: crusader_of_90
MC/SR....didn’t realize how much I missed it! I miss MC/BR too but the SR rivialry was very much a storied one and I hope it continues with the realignment. I used to really miss the JCA game to start the year but it’s been almost a decade, I’ve got along without but will always remember and respect the rivalry

Reactions: caravan8
Although it was fun PC never beat East.
I saw somewhere that they were 0-4 or 0-5 vs Central too

Anyways... Andrew vs Bolingbrook
Also... Bolingbrook vs Bolingbrook South (Plainfield E); maybe with their new conference allowing non-con games we can get them
hmmm... JCA vs Bolingbrook; maybe we can get the all-time series a little more even, but they'd probably just take our running backs

Bolingbrook vs any DVC team (in fact....why not have the Brook just join the conference?)

Edit: Ooops....late to the party. I see DVC issues discussed below.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
MC vs Rita
BR vs Marist

I used to like the MC/JCA game to start the season but that went by the wayside. Would love to see MC/JCA/CoM meet annually for sort of a Carmelite Cup but I doubt that’ll ever happen.

Honk if you can find a Carmelite!

Reactions: Gene K.
McNamara vs. Manteno...

Manteno has never played a regular season game against a non-I8 opponent...Manteno plays at Homestar Bank Field - and Homestar is also a major Mac supporter, with most of the higher ups Mac (or St. Patricks) alums...But not gonna happen unless a playoff game or districts are implemented, because Manteno's new AD detests the Irish...

A return to the traditional Herscher - McNamara rivalry is more likely...In 1988, the last time the Tigers & Irish faced off before the 2014 playoffs, Herscher changed jerseys after warmups - to jerseys that read BEAT MAC!

Hearing rumors that CC/Mac will be scheduled for week 2 next year

I would love to see CG and LZ renew their non-conference match up.

They played six consecutive years (2010-2015) – all games were very competitive, and the winner of that game made it to the state championship game in 4 of the 6 years.

Reactions: Gene K.
Every single one of these games could happen if teams didn’t have to worry about the potentially elusive 5th win.

Reactions: Jchill-1
I would love to see CG and LZ renew their non-conference match up.

They played six consecutive years (2010-2015) – all games were very competitive, and the winner of that game made it to the state championship game in 4 of the 6 years.
Yep. We played LZ in my 4 years at CG. It was good rivalry.

Q: Which games/team should play every single year? Maybe two area teams that used to play but don't play any longer....or two teams who have just never squared off who you would love to see? This will be part of our NBCSC Live segment in Wednesday at 12PM so let me know your thoughts here.

You'll like this one Edgy, Minooka v. Morris

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT