ADVERTISEMENT

Providence vs jca

It’s usually a great game don’t know much about JCA this year. I know providence returned a lot from there team last year and seemed very good offensively.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Will be interested to see what adjustments JCA makes in their pass defense. Iowa City hit a few big pass plays, but missed numerous other opportunities. Provi will look to exploit that.

Also, in the playoff game last year, Provi greatly outplayed JCA in the special teams area. Will that happen again?

Who will better establish their running game? Has JCA settled on a wingback opposite Grigsby? Many got looks in Week 1.

Will be interested to see what adjustments JCA makes in their pass defense. Iowa City hit a few big pass plays, but missed numerous other opportunities. Provi will look to exploit that.

Also, in the playoff game last year, Provi greatly outplayed JCA in the special teams area. Will that happen again?

Who will better establish their running game? Has JCA settled on a wingback opposite Grigsby? Many got looks in Week 1.
I know it’s one game but providence QB played great and made some great throws. They seemed to have a couple good receivers with a sophomore who stood out the most

its only one game but I was impressed with provi QB. He seemed to be very comfortable in the pocket and on the run and made a couple of beautiful throws. Their oline was big a physical and had two big TE that were good blockers.They also had a sophomore wide out that stood out named Coleman. Should be a very good game can’t wait for Friday

Is this game really scheduled as a Saturday evening game (7:00p) verses a Friday evening game?

The one schedule I could find appeared to show it as Saturday 7:00p.

Is this game really scheduled as a Saturday evening game (7:00p) verses a Friday evening game?

The one schedule I could find appeared to show it as Saturday 7:00p.
friday @ 7:30 @ jca's field by the joilet park district. lol good luck to your team, even tho we're the ones who are probably gonna need it

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
PC vs JCA and BR vs Marist should be two of the better games in the State this weekend. BR and PC should prevail, but both games will be high intensity from start to finish.

#sandbagging
maybe lol but i honestly think jca is going to beat the absolute piss out of us. watching film from last week on both teams, 21 point spread seems generous. my only hope is that our boys show up with some pep in their step and keep it close. prove me wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: USD24
friday @ 7:30 @ jca's field by the joilet park district. lol good luck to your team, even tho we're the ones who are probably gonna need it
Thanks, I did find another schedule on MaxPreps that agrees with your 7:30p Friday. I'm glad I asked, the schedule that said Saturday 7p was from a JCA website, I think their Twitter page. :(

Good game JCA, you whooped our ass. Glad it wasn't by more.
That game was something to behold. I want to give props to the JC defense, as you have to after a shutout. But I am still not totally sure what I just saw.

I mean, the D line had a real good showing and was disruptive from the jump. But the Providence offense couldn't get out of its own way either. I know there is some causality to the active disruption the JC front was creating. But I don't remember the last time I saw an offense shoot themselves in the foot as often as PC did today.

PC could have a pretty decent offense but I have no idea because I never got to see them mount a drive. The JC offense did just enough to keep the pressure on PC and kicked a whole bunch of FG's, but was only able to punch one TD in.

The only thing I know after watching that one is that if these two played again, it would likely look a lot different. But I don't really know what kind of different. It just wouldn't look at all like today's game.

Big W for JC as they enter their Rita-ND-SF-Marist stretch. Offense will have to mount more drives to win a few of those games. Hope Grigsby is 100% as he seemed to get banged up a bit in the fourth quarter.

That game was something to behold. I want to give props to the JC defense, as you have to after a shutout. But I am still not totally sure what I just saw.

I mean, the D line had a real good showing and was disruptive from the jump. But the Providence offense couldn't get out of its own way either. I know there is some causality to the active disruption the JC front was creating. But I don't remember the last time I saw an offense shoot themselves in the foot as often as PC did today.

PC could have a pretty decent offense but I have no idea because I never got to see them mount a drive. The JC offense did just enough to keep the pressure on PC and kicked a whole bunch of FG's, but was only able to punch one TD in.

The only thing I know after watching that one is that if these two played again, it would likely look a lot different. But I don't really know what kind of different. It just wouldn't look at all like today's game.

Big W for JC as they enter their Rita-ND-SF-Marist stretch. Offense will have to mount more drives to win a few of those games. Hope Grigsby is 100% as he seemed to get banged up a bit in the fourth quarter.
As I said in the other thread, somebody needs to emerge as a power RB (Fullback) to compliment H.J. and take some pressure off of him. Hey, #89 has good hands and quick feet, let's try him at fullback. :)

Reactions: Hofman
As I said in the other thread, somebody needs to emerge as a power RB (Fullback) to compliment H.J. and take some pressure off of him. Hey, #89 has good hands and quick feet, let's try him at fullback. :)
I wouldn't write the fullback off until he gets a few carries.

Jca front seven dominated. Like you said pc also couldnt get out of there own way. Plantz made a couple of bad coaching decisions by acting on emotion. Going for it on the 1st series and the onside kick coming out of half. Pc defense was impressive holding the jc to 16 points when there offense turned the ball over 4 times. The pc offense was for some reason committed to running the ball on 1st and 2nd down even tho they had no success. Also didn't try one screen even tho jc was supper aggressive all night.

I wouldn't write the fullback off until he gets a few carries.
I'm not trying to write anybody off, they may all be quite capable of taking pressure off H.J., but they only take pressure off if Jaws is willing to trust them in more crucial situations. Right now the ball seems to always go to H.J. in those situations.

Jca front seven dominated. Like you said pc also couldnt get out of there own way. Plantz made a couple of bad coaching decisions by acting on emotion. Going for it on the 1st series and the onside kick coming out of half. Pc defense was impressive holding the jc to 16 points when there offense turned the ball over 4 times. The pc offense was for some reason committed to running the ball on 1st and 2nd down even tho they had no success. Also didn't try one screen even tho jc was supper aggressive all night.
Agree with you on all of that. Honestly, I didn't understand either coach's offensive game plan. Not sure why PC continually tried to pound the middle of the field, when Dillan Johnson was dominating. I thought they could have targeted the soph receiver more, who had a very nice catch to open the game. As for JCA, I was surprised how much of the double-wing they ran. Provi is going to shut that down. The Hilltoppers had more success out of the Power I late in the game. They are still searching for a RB opposite Grigsby. IMO, a few have played themselves out of consideration and a couple others have stepped up. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in moving forward.

Agree with you on all of that. Honestly, I didn't understand either coach's offensive game plan. Not sure why PC continually tried to pound the middle of the field, when Dillan Johnson was dominating. I thought they could have targeted the soph receiver more, who had a very nice catch to open the game. As for JCA, I was surprised how much of the double-wing they ran. Provi is going to shut that down. The Hilltoppers had more success out of the Power I late in the game. They are still searching for a RB opposite Grigsby. IMO, a few have played themselves out of consideration and a couple others have stepped up. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in moving forward.
Texas Coach Darrell Royal says, “There are three things that can happen on a forward pass – and two of them are bad.”

Texas Coach Darrell Royal says, “There are three things that can happen on a forward pass – and two of them are bad.”
Don’t get me wrong. No issue with a run-centric offense. IMO, the double wing is too predictable and the runs are slow developing. Provi’s penetration blows it up.

Reactions: Hofman and eireog
I think #28 for jca looks promising but #23 not so much!

Two weeks in a row with two different types of teams, the JCA defense has played very well. I’m guessing part of Jaws conservative play on offense was he saw the defense was dominating and wanted to play it safe and keep the ball away from PC.
Is Grigsby hurt? He looked a little banged up. The power I had some success later in the game when the PC defense was worn down. Again, wearing them down is part of the strategy. Did we think 2-0 when the schedule came out?? Tell the truth!!😂

Two weeks in a row with two different types of teams, the JCA defense has played very well. I’m guessing part of Jaws conservative play on offense was he saw the defense was dominating and wanted to play it safe and keep the ball away from PC.
Is Grigsby hurt? He looked a little banged up. The power I had some success later in the game when the PC defense was worn down. Again, wearing them down is part of the strategy. Did we think 2-0 when the schedule came out?? Tell the truth!!😂
Great start no doubt, just gotta get 3 more wins to open the playoff door, they definitely got their work cut out for them the rest of the way!!

Maybe.?!. This game against PC made me vervous but the Hilltoppers came ready to play. HUGE test number 3 coming up very soon with a week to prep.

Reactions: Hofman and rjjtwest
OBTW, Wasn't it just yesterday that the days were simply crawling by, painfully waiting for the season to start, and no matter how many weeks went by the season opener never seemed any closer?

Now we're already talking about preps for week 3, Holy Crap, I feel like if I blink too long I might miss half the season. :)

It looked like Grisby turned his ankle. He was limping after a few different plays. Missed some plays while he nursed it

The o-line is really green. I'm wondering what their upside is? They might be a special group by years end.

The o-line is really green. I'm wondering what their upside is? They might be a special group by years end.
That's really good to hear because I already considered them a pretty solid group. And I'm pretty excited about there use of #89 as true TE, I think he was a JV OL last year. I did not catch his name, if somebody can put a name to him.

It looked like Grisby turned his ankle. He was limping after a few different plays. Missed some plays while he nursed it
Hop
That's really good to hear because I already considered them a pretty solid group. And I'm pretty excited about there use of #89 as true TE, I think he was a JV OL last year. I did not catch his name, if somebody can put a name to him.
Ryan yurisich

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT