ADVERTISEMENT

Triad vs JCA

Pennst79

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2017
I am definitely not going to say that Triad will win this game… but I really think that they can compete. They have a big offensive line a really good Qb and a lot of playmakers! They also hit!!! I would love some feed back on JCA and also you think they can be compatible… thanks for the input.

I am definitely not going to say that Triad will win this game… but I really think that they can compete. They have a big offensive line a really good Qb and a lot of playmakers! They also hit!!! I would love some feed back on JCA and also you think they can be compatible… thanks for the input.
The same was said the few time Morris has played Triad in the playoffs. I don't see a running clock but JCA will pull away and win by 3 scores.

I guess we will see Triad beat Collinsville week 9 the beat Mahomet who hasn’t lost a game at home in 3 years… Collinsville lost to Belleville east on a last second Hail Mary… and we all know what those two did in the first round of the playoffs.. I’m interested to see if the knights can make this a game..

I guess we will see Triad beat Collinsville week 9 the beat Mahomet who hasn’t lost a game at home in 3 years… Collinsville lost to Belleville east on a last second Hail Mary… and we all know what those two did in the first round of the playoffs.. I’m interested to see if the knights can make this a game..
Here's what you can do, both of their games from last week are on Youtube:

Watch them both and then let us know if you think they can make it a game.

Serious question about Triad. They lost to Alton and that was Alton's only victory of the season. What the heck happened to Triad that game? Missing a bunch of players?

JC's offense can be explosive and it can be quite pedestrian depending on the week and the matchup. Their defensive front 7 will be unlike anything Triad will have seen all season.

I see it being a game for awhile. If JC minimizes mistakes on offense and makes some big plays on defense, they will pull away. If they make a few mistakes or don't dominate on the lines like they need to, it could get interesting.

Going into the game mom Friday night, Peoria was averaging 55 points a game. Take out the games where they scored 92 and 76 points and the still averages 47 a game.
Against JCA, they scored 16, or between 31 and 39 points less than their averages.
Is Triad as good as Peoria? I have no clue.
I will say this, for at least this one game, JCA showed what they are truly capable of on both sides of the ball. Their best game of the year by the players AND the coaches. If they continue in this manner they will be very difficult to defeat.

Going into the game mom Friday night, Peoria was averaging 55 points a game. Take out the games where they scored 92 and 76 points and the still averages 47 a game.
Against JCA, they scored 16, or between 31 and 39 points less than their averages.
I will say this, for at least this one game, JCA showed what they are truly capable of on both sides of the ball. Their best game of the year by the players AND the coaches. If they continue in this manner they will be very difficult to defeat.
The Peoria game was the first JCA game I watched this year. Do you think they would have had the same success on offense if they would have had to go the length of the field to score or did the constant short fields play a big role? Basically I'm asking if JCA has been good at sustaining drives all year.

Here is why I believe Triad has a puncher's chance.

blowout. jca is well, jca.

The JCA and Morris fan bases' mouths are already watering in anticipation of the quarterfinal between the two. Good thing they have the opponents they do this week which afford them the opportunity to do that!
We as fans have the luxury of being able to look ahead but as a Morris fan I'm not looking past SHG at all.

Reactions: net-se
We as fans have the luxury of being able to look ahead but as a Morris fan I'm not looking past SHG at all.
Fair enough. You're forgiven if you haven't seen SHG play this year. If you have, how in the world can you not be looking ahead? It's no sin to know when you're good!

I realize this game must be played, but it's an insult to JCA just the same, just as the Morris/SHG game is a slap in the face to Morris. In a just world, JCA and Morris would get a bye and an extra week to prepare for their quarterfinal game. Every team has players dinged up to one extent or another this time of year. What's the use of having clearly superior teams play a useless game when they could be getting some players rested? It couldn't be the gate receipts, could it?

The Peoria game was the first JCA game I watched this year. Do you think they would have had the same success on offense if they would have had to go the length of the field to score or did the constant short fields play a big role? Basically I'm asking if JCA has been good at sustaining drives all year.
As a longer field would create more opportunities for mistakes, penalties, etc., their challenge has been closing drives with TDs in tight games. It was very encouraging to see them cap-off drives to the Red Zone with TDs against a good opponent. It was a big step forward.

Reactions: 4Afan and rjjtwest
Well by everyone’s comments I would say the final score will be…..
JCA-63
Triad-7
I agree it is going to be a monumental task thanks for the insight!!!

The Brown Plague is real. I would be shocked if it wasn’t a 3 touchdown win for the Hill.

Well by everyone’s comments I would say the final score will be…..
JCA-63
Triad-7
I agree it is going to be a monumental task thanks for the insight!!!
Massay predicts 42-10
Calpreps predicts 35-13

Massay predicts 42-10
Calpreps predicts 35-13
I certainly do not see a 63 point outburst unless Triad were to display a Washington Generals level of ineptitude. The JC offense has not shown anything to indicate a capability to put up 60 plus on a decent opponent. If you are perceiving a 63-7 outcome, that is all coming from comments of people who are not JC supporters or watch JC regularly. Granted, us JC folk are often pretty hard on our own team and cautiously skeptical of how we will fare against upcoming opponents, but I do think the predictions USD shared are certainly more likely outcomes than any 60 point running clock may be. And as several JC faithful have said, a good game by Triad and a mediocre showing by JC and this is a game into the third quarter and then anything can happen.

I realize this game must be played, but it's an insult to JCA just the same, just as the Morris/SHG game is a slap in the face to Morris. In a just world, JCA and Morris would get a bye and an extra week to prepare for their quarterfinal game. Every team has players dinged up to one extent or another this time of year. What's the use of having clearly superior teams play a useless game when they could be getting some players rested? It couldn't be the gate receipts, could it?
Wut?

• Haha
Reactions: net-se
I realize that this game must be played, but it's an insult to JCA just the same, just as the Morris / JCA game is a slap in the face to Morris.

I tried to slow this down for you, but frankly it's not the worth the effort to retype the whole thing at this slow pace. Get someone to help you read it.

I realize that this game must be played, but it's an insult to JCA just the same, just as the Morris / JCA game is a slap in the face to Morris.

I tried to slow this down for you, but frankly it's not the worth the effort to retype the whole thing at this slow pace. Get someone to help you read it.
If you're going to hammer a guy, you might as well do it with some maleficence.

I think we all got it. Just shocked at what a horrible take that is and the fact you had the gall to say it out loud.

You gotta play the game. Anything can happen with teenagers. Coaching and discipline win the games at this level with all other things being equal.
Forget 2019. Each year is a new team. Means nothing. Today is today. Yesterday was today yesterday and tomorrow is today tomorrow!😂😂

Reactions: Sterling Warrior

Why all of a sudden are we getting all these slanderous hot takes from the central Illinois posters?
I get it that JCA is a big favorite over Triad. And you can consider Morris a favorite over SHG, but I don’t think it’s gonna be a blow out.
Then you leap to Morris having to play JCA is a “slap in the face to Morris?”
Bold move, Skip.

Last edited:

Alanis Morissette levels of rage here, oh my!

Are you missing a special someone to go down on them in a theater?

What are you upset about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT