ADVERTISEMENT

PR vs Simeon

That is really too bad for the Evans kid! PR though, always has a stable of kids who capably fill in. This should be a real good game!

You just have to think that replacing a fullback on an option team has the ability to mess with the whole offenses timing though. That mesh is the starting point for pretty much every play.

Reactions: Gene K.
Is this Team better then last years team. I Remember watching Phillips against Prairie Ridge it was a good game. That offensive can definitely wear a Team

Simeon is huge up front, QB is a solid runner but an average passer. Last year their QB was probably one of the most dynamic athletes in the state. This year the defense is extremely aggressive and physical. Prairie Ridge will have their hands full for sure and I’m early for Feeto but they are my upset special.

You just have to think that replacing a fullback on an option team has the ability to mess with the whole offenses timing though. That mesh is the starting point for pretty much every play.

Right you are. The key to defending that type of offense is to stop the fullback and then work from there. The problem for defenses in PR's 2016 and 2017 championship years was the fact that you had Samson Evans at QB, so even if you were able to bottle up the fullback, Evans was able at any time to take off on a TD run.

Right you are. The key to defending that type of offense is to stop the fullback and then work from there. The problem for defenses in PR's 2016 and 2017 championship years was the fact that you had Samson Evans at QB, so even if you were able to bottle up the fullback, Evans was able at any time to take off on a TD run.
Evans’ replacement, Kyle Koelblinger, will full in seamlessly at FB. The defense may take a slight hit due to Evans being gone and Koelblinger doubling his work load. May see some platooning for him.

Reactions: Gene K.
“The key to defending that type of offense is to stop the fullback and then work from there.”

Not always the case. S Evans and other QB’s in that system have had a ton of production simply running double option, toss sweeps and QB counters that all exclude the FB.

“The key to defending that type of offense is to stop the fullback and then work from there.”

Not always the case. S Evans and other QB’s in that system have had a ton of production simply running double option, toss sweeps and QB counters that all exclude the FB.

That's true. However, I don't think this team has a Sampson on it (few do), so that first play is the FB and with him less of a threat things can be affected from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT