ADVERTISEMENT

PR vs. Naz

it was also listed that way in the local paper a week or so back when they were talking about a possible repeat. But to make it clear for everyone;
PR in the last 8 years:
3 semifinal losses
3 state championships.

They have been to at least the semis back to back to back years twice. the first time they did it with a different QB every year.

Wolffan, I admit there should be some good games today and I may watch them, but I am not as interested in following this tournament as I once was. The IHSA's habit of constantly changing the ground rules for certain schools to punish success makes me question whether or not we are really getting "champions", at least for some of the classes. Hard to get excited given that scenario.
I get how you feel about the multiplier and the success factor. On the other hand is it fair to the public schools if the privates can pluck their best athletes out of their talent pool and then compete on an equal enrollment basis? There is also typically a much higher rate of parental involvement and support in the privates that also helps their athletes and their programs. I have more I would like to say on the subject but I would like to word it carefully so as not to sound like a fool and I am just getting ready to go to the game. Perhaps I will express my thoughts at a later time
6 plus 3 is 9 not 8. Public school education.
PR had 3 different starting quarterbacks in 3 consecutive years. The reference was to, 2009 semifinal quarterback Williams 2010 Semifinal Quarterback Covalt 2011 semifinal quarterback Nissen. Perhaps you could have read the quote more carefully and saved the douchbag comment.

Reactions: Coachbell88
6 plus 3 is 9 not 8. Public school education.
Also how would PR win state in a year they didn’t have a semifinal appearance? Your 6+3=9 comment implies they had 6 semifinal appearances and on 3 separate years had championships. Do you understand how playoffs work? You have earn a semifinal appearance and win to earn a title appearance. If you win that title game you are that years CHAMPION!! Isn’t learning fun!!
FYI PR semifinal history 2009 lost to Cary Grove. 2010 lost to Boylan 2011 beat Batavia. 2015 lost to Montini 2016 beat DeKalb 2017 beat Hoffman Estates. That = 6 semifinal appearances.
PR state title history 2011 beat Peoria Richwoods 2016 beat SHG 2017 beat Naz. That = 3 championships
Notice how the championships are on the same years as the semifinal appeareces!!
Now you’re getting it!!

Who the hell says they were a semi finalist if they won. If you win you are the runner up not a semi finalist. Why don't you just say you were a quarterfinalist if you lost in the semis. Same thing as saying it if you lost in the ship

Yeah, OK. Nazareth is a great school for academics, but as long as you're there you might as well try on some football. My kids go to a District 155 school just like PR and they don't pay tuition. Live in your dream world.

You could just say thank you to those that pay taxes to support your school while making the decision to "pay tuition" for their children in private schools. If all the students eligible to attend public schools acually did, there would be no additional funding with a significant increase in cost.

Congrats to PR.

You could just say thank you to those that pay taxes to support your school while making the decision to "pay tuition" for their children in private schools. If all the students eligible to attend public schools acually did, there would be no additional funding with a significant increase in cost.

Congrats to PR.
That right there has been my argument from day one. Why all the dislike against private schools? Those parents should be thanked for paying taxes that they voluntarily leave for others to use. That is an inarguable fact. Also, from a practical perspective as Hinterland states above, a school loses the game and gets penalized by being moved up a class. It's absurd on its face.

By the way, this is not about PR. Congrats on a well deserved victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT