ADVERTISEMENT

PR vs. Naz

Coachbell88

Apr 21, 2015
Key players for Naz? How does Naz stop Superman? What will be the final score?

I don’t know Naz too well but I imagine they will find it difficult to stop PR’s offense, big question mark is if Jenkins is healthy for PR. Final score - Pr 35 Naz 21

I usually think playing in muck benefits the running team but with the way Evans and the RB’s at PR cut I think playing on turf is an advantage to them.

Reactions: Coachbell88
I think this and the 8a games are gonna be the best and closest game. I'm gonna go with a toss up on this one.

14 points? Hmm...bigger dawgs than expected?
I must confess I don’t follow Naz as closely as I do a few other teams including PR, really just a guess at a score looking more at PR’s season than anything else. I was wondering, has Naz faced a TO offense this year? If not, facing one of the best run TO offenses is a rough introduction.

Yes-because in the last 4 year window they won 6A in 2014 and now in '17 have reached the final. They could lose 42-0 wouldn't matter they are bumped to 7A.

Yes-because in the last 4 year window they won 6A in 2014 and now in '17 have reached the final. They could lose 42-0 wouldn't matter they are bumped to 7A.
It will only be 1 year for sure. because the 6A 2014 will drop off the 4 year window after next year.

......unless they appear in the Finals again next year? The year that everyone thought that they would actually be in the Finals due to all of the young talent on the team.

Maybe....but they won 5A in '15 does that apply to 4 year window?? I honestly don't know my head hurts.
Yes when you cross classes you play the higher class. So if I read it correctly.

2018 - 7A
2019 - 6A
2020 - 5A

I always thought it was a BS rule and should be only if you win. You could be the Buffalo Bills and end up in 8A and haven't won a thing.

Last edited:
Im intrigued by PR/Naz. Does PR win again like everyone predicted at the beginning of the year or does Naz stay hot?

For Naz to win they must....

A. Figure out how to defend this offense which nobody has a clue but Cary Grove. Every player on defense must read their keys.

B. Must have a plan for OL #77. Yes he's even more important than Evans. Evans likes to hide behind #77 until he sees the slighesthole and then he breaks through.

#77 takes out 2 or 3 of your guys on defense every play. So it's like PR has 11 guys on offense but you only have 9 guys on defense.

C. Try to contain Evans. Hit him low because he's hard to tackle.

Wassup

Wassup,

Didn't you post this already?

Im intrigued by PR/Naz. Does PR win again like everyone predicted at the beginning of the year or does Naz stay hot?

A. Figure out how to defend this offense which nobody has a clue but Cary Grove. Every player on defense must read their keys.

B. Must have a plan for OL #77. Yes he's even more important than Evans. Evans likes to hide behind #77 until he sees the slighesthole and then he breaks through.

#77 takes out 2 or 3 of your guys on defense every play. So it's like PR has 11 guys on offense but you only have 9 guys on defense.

Wassup

Wassup

Interesting....Montini, DeKalb, and SHG could have really used that advice last year.

I don't think NAZ can stop the PR option. While they did a great job stopping Provi last week, this is not the same running attack. They have not played a qb/runner like evans. fullback willis is a tough runner, but small. He won't beat you, their halback gilbranson will be the wildcard. Focus on only samson, he'll kill you. Jenkins, grapethan, and the big center all started last year and are good. IF they pass, NAZ will be in trouble with their safety up tight. This is where schremp is stubborn, he won't pass just because.

NAZ has to score when they touch the ball on O. PR defense is weak against a good passing team, but they will cause turn overs. Blakely will need to have another big day. Need to get him in space...like the flat. NAZ QB is good, but he is no Mooney. Put points up and force PR to go against it's 3 yards and a cloud of dust, you will win. Keep it low scoring and evans will beat you. He will break a few, add the turf at niu vs mudd and grass...he'll break a few more.

I see PR going back to back 48-20. NAZ will be tough next year, bs it will be in 7A.

Reactions: Relist8
This is why the boards are awesome...see you all Saturday! From 14 to 28 in just 3 days by Gameday we may be close to 62-20! Oh wait @Hinterland hasnt weighed in yet- how silly of me! I didn’t mean to steal his thunder

Hey Prowler, they best just stay home and celebrate Thanksgiving all weekend...no sense in a trip to Dekalb right! We'll be watch from PA and pulling for you guys in this IMPOSSIBLE task.

This is why the boards are awesome...see you all Saturday! From 14 to 28 in just 3 days by Gameday we may be close to 62-20! Oh wait @Hinterland hasnt weighed in yet- how silly of me! I didn’t mean to steal his thunder

Hey Prowler, they best just stay home and celebrate Thanksgiving all weekend...no sense in a trip to Dekalb right! We'll be watch from PA and pulling for you guys in this IMPOSSIBLE task.
Jwar where in PA are you? I'm a Naz alum but now hail from Central PA.

It weirds me out that adults call Evans Superman.
I agree. But didn’t we come here to have a little harmless fun? Enjoy the moment have a laugh now and then. I know it is absurd but there are plenty of things on here that are much more absurd. So many angry people here spewing unkind things. I didn’t start the whole superman thing but I have had some fun with it.

PR 84-Naz -7. And yes many highballs were involved with that prediction.

I agree. But didn’t we come here to have a little harmless fun? Enjoy the moment have a laugh now and then. I know it is absurd but there are plenty of things on here that are much more absurd. So many angry people here spewing unkind things. I didn’t start the whole superman thing but I have had some fun with it.

PR 84-Naz -7. And yes many highballs were involved with that prediction.

You and Angry Dave? I miss Betty and Dave!!

Yes when you cross classes you play the higher class. So if I read it correctly.

2018 - 7A
2019 - 6A
2020 - 5A

I always thought it was a BS rule and should be only if you win. You could be the Buffalo Bills and end up in 8A and haven't won a thing.

"BS rule" is being kind. This is nothing short of a punishment-for-success rule. Proof of this is the fact that the schools subject to this rule are already playing out of their actual enrollment class due to the multiplier, and are NOT winning everything year after year. It is simply a way to punish the MOST successful non-boundaried schools, and proves that the agenda of the IHSA is not a spreading-around of the trophies, but a way to punish only one type of school. Rochester's 7 years-out-of-8 trophy wins, for example, is ample proof of this, and PR's win this year will not move them up to 7A next year. So that there is no misunderstanding: Neither multiplied non-boundaried schools nor public schools should be punished for success. While punishing success does appear to be the philosophy of some of our politicians, it should have NO place in high school athletics (unless we are trying to teach them that success is BAD, an all too common occurrence in today's world!!).

Weigh in on what? I have already stated my opinion regarding PR previously, and any tournament run by the IHSA with its punitive policies regarding some schools really doesn't interest me any longer.

Weigh in on what? I have already stated my opinion regarding PR previously, and any tournament run by the IHSA with its punitive policies regarding some schools really doesn't interest me any longer.
You missed 3 good games yesterday then. You should watch, you’ll enjoy the rest.

You missed 3 good games yesterday then. You should watch, you’ll enjoy the rest.

Wolffan, I admit there should be some good games today and I may watch them, but I am not as interested in following this tournament as I once was. The IHSA's habit of constantly changing the ground rules for certain schools to punish success makes me question whether or not we are really getting "champions", at least for some of the classes. Hard to get excited given that scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT