ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips at Sterling

@Sterling Warrior honestly I would say save your breath (in this case give you fingers a break) because he is like this all the time to all different people on the board, and the conversation/debate doesn't go anywhere

Wow...have a little fun in here and people get all bent out of shape. Just stating my opinions like everyone else. Good times.

Why can't you let it go? Why do you always have to start crap? Keep poking and poking, I think it was you that said the same thing about how Sterling won't beat Viator and then MCC wasint it? I've held back to this point out of respect but seeing your not respecting me and have to rip on everything I say, yeah, it was an obvious fumble before he was in the end zone, Sterling recovered and the refs sat there scratching their heads and 20 seconds later called a TD so if it was called properly Sterling would have only allowed MCC 3 points not 10! Is that what you have been wanting to hear? It's 100% true and you know it if you watched the replay. I haven't brought it up but you sure want me to, so there ya go. And by the way, the field did make a difference.

Actually I was just stating my opinions and some facts about the game as well. You won the game and deserve to move onto the semi-finals. I was merely commenting on your post from earlier...that was it. A bit sensitive huh as I am not the only one commenting on what you have posted regarding your beloved Sterling Warriors. Just stating another fact.

Here is the current Sterling stadium

Awesome facility! I just have to ask, how does a small community like Sterling, financially able to turf their field and a few years later upgrade the seating structure to this standard? It sure is awesome! You put in the mega scoreboard and it will blow Barrington's awesome stadium away!

This is awesome. It is reaching HHS/BBCHS levels of ranting. Phillips brings out the best year after year.

Not yet! Phillips has to win and a meltdown needs to occur (like last year) for this to approach that threads hysterics. I can sense it Building and building like a volcano ready to erupt...

Man I love Phillips! It’s like they are the Red kryptonite that turns everyone in 4A/5A into Bizzaros. It truly is awesome! I agree with ya!!

Last edited:
Suday 10:00am...Over/Under when the flush occurs.

Oh man in my mind this is nowhere close to flushometer content (yet... ;)). If Phillips wins - I will take the over (I’m betting Edgy sleeps in a little after pulling a double on Saturday).

Wow...have a little fun in here and people get all bent out of shape. Just stating my opinions like everyone else. Good times.
Just letting the guy know who he's dealing with. I'm not bent out of shape it is just going to be the same thing back and forth as usual and the debate goes no where. If anything I think making this thread about the Marian/Sterling game would be considered hijacking this thread about the teams that made the 5a north semis. Just a thought

Reactions: diezel66
In my opinion the real advantage that will help Sterling will be that long bus ride for Phillips. They have not traveled that far to a game starting at 2pm! The legs could be very lethargic and minds not focused! It will depend on how fast either team comes out of the gate!

Reactions: lkhammer57
Awesome facility! I just have to ask, how does a small community like Sterling, financially able to turf their field and a few years later upgrade the seating structure to this standard? It sure is awesome! You put in the mega scoreboard and it will blow Barrington's awesome stadium away!

Turf was privately funded through the generosity of several alumni, community members, booster club, etc. The stadium renovation was paid for by a county wide sales tax that recently went into effect.

Thank you. I held back after about 4 different pokes but caved. I won't be replying to him anymore
Hey Sterling, I myself am hoping for a sterling win. Being a PR fan I don’t have any skin in the game. I will be at Hoffman Estates watching PR versus Hoffman Estates so I won’t be able to stream. Please start a thread and keep us updated on scores. Good luck to your boys!!

In my opinion the real advantage that will help Sterling will be that long bus ride for Phillips. They have not traveled that far to a game starting at 2pm! The legs could be very lethargic and minds not focused! It will depend on how fast either team comes out of the gate!

I think this could be a very overlooked fact. Last years Johnsburg game started about a half hour late because Phillips was late getting there. They drove straight to the field and 30 minutes later were kicking off and we saw how they played. I bet they are plenty early Saturday.

Another revenue source to pay for the turf. No tax dollars were used thanks to the generosity of many, including Sterling Chevrolet.

I don't agree. It's about what 21/2-3 hours bus rides on a Saturday. I think that won't play much of a factor. You know as a lot of you I was a former player. I feel like the bus ride would be relaxing. Sit around have a nice dip, play some euchre, listen to music. I personally liked the bus rides.

Reactions: Hillini74
I think this could be a very overlooked fact. Last years Johnsburg game started about a half hour late because Phillips was late getting there. They drove straight to the field and 30 minutes later were kicking off and we saw how they played. I bet they are plenty early Saturday.
So Phillips does play what the bus drops off. At least this puts recruiting talk to bed.

I don't agree. It's about what 21/2-3 hours bus rides on a Saturday. I think that won't play much of a factor. You know as a lot of you I was a former player. I feel like the bus ride would be relaxing. Sit around have a nice dip, play some euchre, listen to music. I personally liked the bus rides.
I have to disagree, as a player who just finished playing not to long ago, I know for a fact that if you're not prepared for that trip, then it can definitely affect you. For my times at MCC we were used to it because we played so many games on the road sitting in traffic for at least 1.5 to 2 hours almost every single away game. So we were always prepared. When looking at my time in college, there was one game we played where we didn't stay in a hotel on the road and we left early in the morning and woke up earlier than usual in the morning, and because of that most of the team slept during our 90 minute bus ride, and it showed when we started the game that we were still trying to wake up a little bit. So I have no doubt that it affects kids that have never done it before, or at least not this year. Is it enough to make Sterling win the game, I don't know, I am still sticking with Phillips, but the trip can definitely play a part in how teams start games.

Reactions: diezel66
I have to disagree, as a player who just finished playing not to long ago, I know for a fact that if you're not prepared for that trip, then it can definitely affect you. For my times at MCC we were used to it because we played so many games on the road sitting in traffic for at least 1.5 to 2 hours almost every single away game. So we were always prepared. When looking at my time in college, there was one game we played where we didn't stay in a hotel on the road and we left early in the morning and woke up earlier than usual in the morning, and because of that most of the team slept during our 90 minute bus ride, and it showed when we started the game that we were still trying to wake up a little bit. So I have no doubt that it affects kids that have never done it before, or at least not this year. Is it enough to make Sterling win the game, I don't know, I am still sticking with Phillips, but the trip can definitely play a part in how teams start games.

In that scenario an early game is tough with a long bus ride. But It's an afternoon game. I really think the bus probably effects others different. I just happened not to mind them. To me it was a little relaxing.

In that scenario an early game is tough with a long bus ride. But It's an afternoon game. I really think the bus probably effects others different. I just happened not to mind them. To me it was a little relaxing.
I believe if they kept the same bus schedule but played the game starting at around 5pm it wouldn't affect them as much. If they got there a couple of hours before kickoff they would be a little antsy before hand! It's easier to turn it down then to turn it up! These are high school kids. But what the hell do I know, right!

This is Chicago, the majority of teams here spend 1 hr on a Friday trip to Gately. Rush hour traffic is more like rush 5 hours. God forbid you have to travel from the Westside to the Southside or Southside North to Hanson or Lane Tech. That's 1.5 hours easy. These trips are on less than comfy yellow school busses not a comfy coach bus.

This is Chicago, the majority of teams here spend 1 hr on a Friday trip to Gately. Rush hour traffic is more like rush 5 hours. God forbid you have to travel from the Westside to the Southside or Southside North to Hanson or Lane Tech. That's 1.5 hours easy. These trips are on less than comfy yellow school busses not a comfy coach bus.
We at MCC feel your pain! Every away game on a Friday night is not a fun ride accept Carmel! Are second game this year was in Columbus Wisconsin, that's a half hour ride northeast of Madison. If I had my choice I would much rather go there again on a Friday night than Chicago Heights or Joliet! Where it is really tough is on the other sports where they uasally have school the next day. Getting home at 11pm with homework to do for the next day is not fun! Kinda getting off the subject, sorry!

Reactions: USD24
Just letting the guy know who he's dealing with. I'm not bent out of shape it is just going to be the same thing back and forth as usual and the debate goes no where. If anything I think making this thread about the Marian/Sterling game would be considered hijacking this thread about the teams that made the 5a north semis. Just a thought

I appreciate your opinions, I don't appreciate the non stop poking and saying I'll make excuses, i've said Sterling is the underdog in this game but I think they can pull off the upset or it will be a close game, and if Sterling loses I won't feel like an idiot for saying they're going to win by three touchdowns as you predicted Phillips will or someone else on this board . I'll have nothing to be embarrassed about come Saturday when I check back in, but if Sterling does win , you set yourself up to eat crow. Just drop it all, neither of us will win, as far as the Phillips bus ride, It may play a small role but a bigger role is Sterling back home feeling more comfortable on their own turf, and again crazy things happen at Roscoe Eads! I've watched Sterling win two playoff games on the road and they didn't even look good on grass but still managed to running clock Kaneland and beat Woodstock, The boys will be pumped at home, the place will be sold out and they will bring their "A" game, better than what we've seen the last two games I'm sure.

Reactions: Gene K.
I appreciate your opinions, I don't appreciate the non stop poking and saying I'll make excuses, i've said Sterling is the underdog in this game but I think they can pull off the upset or it will be a close game, and if Sterling loses I won't feel like an idiot for saying they're going to win by three touchdowns as you predicted Phillips will or someone else on this board . I'll have nothing to be embarrassed about come Saturday when I check back in, but if Sterling does win , you set yourself up to eat crow. Just drop it all, neither of us will win, as far as the Phillips bus ride, It may play a small role but a bigger role is Sterling back home feeling more comfortable on their own turf, and again crazy things happen at Roscoe Eads! I've watched Sterling win two playoff games on the road and they didn't even look good on grass but still managed to running clock Kaneland and beat Woodstock, The boys will be pumped at home, the place will be sold out and they will bring their "A" game, better than what we've seen the last two games I'm sure.

I didn't think I made pokes at you, sorry if it came off that way. I am excited to see the outcome and not going to lie I sort of want to see an upset just to make the bracket more fun to follow.

I find it humorous Calpreps and USA Today are predicting Sterling to score 28 and 31 points. I don't see it happening.

One thing that hasn't really been talked about is the forecast of 30 MPH winds and a cold rain/snow mix at game time. This will likely kill any passing for both teams other than quick outs. This would be a break in Phillips favor IMO.

Reactions: Coalertown44
Why is everyone so high on Philips? Solid D, one-dimensional O, atrocious kicking game.

Not to mention 5A IS the weakest class this year.

Reactions: vinuci31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT