ADVERTISEMENT

Overseas Recruits

Redskin57

Oct 5, 2014
We hear of overseas basketball players all the time signing to play with colleges. Now that American Football is being played overseas, where can a guy go to find out about the top players overseas?

We hear of overseas basketball players all the time signing to play with colleges. Now that American Football is being played overseas, where can a guy go to find out about the top players overseas?
Heck of a question.....let me see what I can find out.

Can you imagine the passing game you could have with a few Samoans on the O line?

All of the upper level European American Football teams have junior teams much like soccer does since they can't use colleges as their farm system there. When my son played for Sacramento State he had a fellow lineman that was recruited off of the Vienna Vikings junior team that was a beast and let my son know about a recuiting website called Europlayers. My son used that website to be recruited to be a player/coach for a pro team in the Czech Republic. You would be surprised how many American Football teams there are in Europe and how many Americans are playing on those teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross Bones
I was in college (D3) in the late 80's / early 90's. We had several players from Canada. Since high school is 5 years up there, these guys would basically come in as 20 year old true freshman. As this was D3, these guys weren't superstars, but you could tell that the extra year gave them a bit of a leg up on some of the locals.

Michigan had a big German DE in one of their HS camps last year. I believe they ended up signing him. Either way, there must be someway the colleges are looking at the overseas players.

Mostly for hoops. But they had a couple of players from Canada.

Tommie Schaffer from Austria now at Stanford with LFA teammate Wes Annan - Canada. Wes had to stop playing because of injuries and Daniel Joseph- Canada now at Penn State

Mt Carmel holds the territorial rights to all of Europe, Asia & Africa. Australia, South America &the Arctic/Antarctic are fair game.

International athletes in collegiate track & field has been commonplace for decades coming from Australia to Africa to Europe and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT