ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 and TRAC week 3

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6 Week 3 Look ahead

Indian Creek (IN) over Galesburg: The Silver Streaks looked bad against a good team and good against a bad team. Not sure what to think of this team yet. Now they take a bus to Indiana to play a 0-2 Indian Creek team. I’m going with Indian Creek simply because they are at home and Galesburg has been up and down in their two games so far. Hope im wrong though.

Geneseo over Moline: Game of the week pick right here! Geneseo has looked like a team on a mission, playing good defense and being able to run and pass the ball. Moline is coming off being blown out at home by Benet. Moline gets another shot to defend their house as Geneseo will go on the road for the first time. The pads will be cracking in this one. I give the nod to Geneseo with their ability to throw the ball.

Quincy over Rock Island: Rocky’s defense has improved but Quincy is operating on another level. If Rock Island wants to stay in the game, they need some turnovers and the offense needs to get out of 1st gear. I think Quincy puts this one away by Halftime.

Sterling over United Township: UTHS goes from last weeks cupcake game to playing a 0-2 Sterling team looking to right the ship. Sterling showed a lot more life last week and traditionally has had UT’s number. Some points could be put up in this one by both teams, but I think Sterling wins by a few scores.

TRAC Week 3 Look ahead

Princeton over Newman: Princeton lost a heartbreaker last week against Morrison and will be looking to right the ship and get back to showing they are a top team in the conference and state. Newman has won two tough games with very solid defense. This game pits a top offense (Princeton) vs a top defense (Newman). Princeton wins a close one as Newman’s offense has yet to really show up.

Kewanee over Mendota: The Boilermakers are firing on all cylinders right now while the Trojans have been blown out two straight weeks. Sadly, I don’t think that changes for them as Kewanee takes control of the game early and puts it away by halftime.

Bureau Valley over Hall: Both teams are coming into the game 1-1 and this game is big in regards to who creates a better path to the playoffs and who is going to have a tougher road. Both teams have been playing solid football. I think this will be a good, close game, but I give the nod to BV as I think their defense gets a stop late to allow them to win by a touchdown.

Morrison over Orion: A battle of two undefeated and red hot teams in week 3? Yes please! This should be another good game with Morrison looking to ride the wave of their win over Princeton, and Orion looking to prove they belong at the top of the conference. The game is at Morrison, which is why I give the Mustangs the nod in a back and forth game.

Monmouth-Roseville over Erie-Prophetstown: The battle of the hyphenated names! EP has played tough in their two losses, but have only scored once this season so far. M-R won a close, tough game last week against BV. EP’s defense will keep them in the game for awhile, but unless they can find a way to get the ball into the endzone, M-R pulls away in the second half to win by a couple scores.

Nice insight! I cannot wait till Geneseo plays Moline. Geneseo probably has their best team in a decade and finally should see some results of their new RPO offense that was recently installed.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT