ADVERTISEMENT

Over

Go flyers!!!

Did I just say that after what happened down there just a few short years ago?

I guess this years trophy for the winner of 7A will be a judges gavel.

Tragic. The Fenwick kids got screwed. The Plainfield players now have a cloud over their appearance downstate.

Losers the IHSA, the game officials, and the IHSA personnel at game.

no clouds southside. sunny about 43 at kickoff. you should come out and watch it live...

and none of this happens if a knee or safety was taken.

Wrong.

Taking an immediate knee would have turned the ball over on downs to PN BEFORE time expired.

Running around with the ball in the field of play or running towards the back of the endzone to attempt a safety risked a fumble deep in their own territory.

The play that was called was a very safe option.

Wrong.

Taking an immediate knee would have turned the ball over on downs to PN BEFORE time expired.

Running around in the field of play or running towards the back of the endzone to attempt a safety risked a fumble.

snapping the ball risked a fumble. throwing the ball was just plain stupid.
and time definitely was still on the clock

Go flyers!!!

Tragic. The Fenwick kids got screwed. The Plainfield players now have a cloud over their appearance downstate.
Let's take a minute and put into perspective what "tragic" really is.

Tragic is when a young person, or anyone for that matter, receives a cancer diagnosis.

Tragic is when young people die from accidents or from being shot.

Tragic is when people lose a loved one.

Tragic is when young people go off to war and are maimed or killed.

I think we need to understand what tragic really is and put it into perspective.

You can't avoid snapping the ball. Have to run that risk.

Next!

That play was a safe option. Get the ball as far away as you can from your goal line.

Reactions: CGsupporter
Sounds like some people here need some crayons, play doh and counseling dogs....
Your boy is flippin like a freshly caught bluegill - I guess the some of the U8s and Morton might even remain in their present classification :D.

Next!

That play was a safe option. Get the ball as far away as you can from your goal line.
How did that play work out for them!!
How about make the Coaches know the Rules!!! Bring a rule book!

Reactions: PRokie
Your response makes no sense. Eye for an Eye? So the kids at PN botched the call and caused this whole thing? The coaches at PN did? The fans?

This was very unfortunate for Fenwick and yes they should have won in regulation but they didn't. As in other threads the Fenwick head coach didn't even understand the rule. So play ball. I'm glad East St. Louis will get their title game. Good luck to both teams!
By his definition an eye for an eye did happen, Fenwick will not be playing in the championship and the crew in question will not be officiating a championship.

Reactions: LWPops
Agree with the decision by Fenwick not to pursue any further legal options beyond today's hearing.

They made their business decision to take this to court. They can prove to parents that they backed their students when they were wronged.

Time to move on and heal.
i agree not positive but i do not think fenwick expected a favorable ruling the refs need to be held accountable hope we do see these refs in the games this weekend. it would be a slap to fen wick

i agree not positive but i do not think fenwick expected a favorable ruling the refs need to be held accountable hope we do see these refs in the games this weekend. it would be a slap to fen wick
cor. we do NOT see them!

What would all of the superior intellect folks here who have all of the answers do if the ALL of the officials they criticize and berate took the weekend off!

What would all of the superior intellect folks here who have all of the answers do if the ALL of the officials they criticize and berate took the weekend off!
I don't know, but I hope I have a chance to go to that new referee school the new Private School association is going to run.

Wrong.

Running around with the ball in the field of play or running towards the back of the endzone to attempt a safety risked a fumble deep in their own territory.

Obviously it was not

I sure hope the NFHS will make a change to address this problem before the start of next season.

There's nothing to change. If you have a penalty whose acceptance does not result in replaying a down than there is no issue. No time was left, the only time there is an untimed down is when a penalty is accepted that will result in replaying the down. It's not an NFHS issue but an education issue.

Do you read? Because they didn't do the right thing by conceding the win
I think PN did the right thing by playing to the end, scoring a TD in overtime, and winning with a two-point conversion. Fenwick did the wrong/ stupid thing by passing on the last play (and throwing the ball away). Why not take a safety? I guess in the future (when a team is the benefactor of a bad call) they should run over to the official with a white flag, surrender the game, and beg for forgiveness.

Reactions: Cross Bones
There's nothing to change. If you have a penalty whose acceptance does not result in replaying a down than there is no issue. No time was left, the only time there is an untimed down is when a penalty is accepted that will result in replaying the down. It's not an NFHS issue but an education issue.
I meant the "no appeal" rule.

Wrong.

Throwing the ball WAS stupid. And who takes a safety when they are not deep in their own territory.:confused:

Next!

That's what punting is for. The QB could have kicked the ball. Another option was have the WR at least run a route!

Reactions: UlbKA91
There was no time left on the clock when the ball hit the ground? Where are you getting this crap from?

Reactions: LWPops
That's what punting is for. The QB could have kicked the ball. Another option was have the WR at least run a route!

Assuming the Fenwick QB and punter are not the same individual, you would really have your QB attempt to punt the ball from deep in your own territory in that situation?

Please.

Nudo's call was brilliant in comparison to what you would have them do.

Last edited:
It must have been on "The Interweb". If it's on the "The Interweb", it must be true
I get questioning the call, obviously in hindsight it seemed terrible. In that moment it wasn't terrible, but now it's a lesson learned for all.

My problem is that so many on this board with literally zero personal stake decided to pick a side and dig their feet into the ground to the point of making up facts to suit their argument. There's a lot of misinformation going around that paints Fenwick, Plainfield North in bad lights so someone can try to win an argument on edgytim.com, sad really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT