ADVERTISEMENT

Over

Assuming the Fenwick QB and punter are not the same individual, you would really have your QB attempt to punt the ball from deep in your own territory in that situation?

Please.

Nudo's call was brilliant in comparison to what would have them do.

I would have him line up and take two steps back and punt the ball which will not allow for a return.

Obviously it wasn't Brilliant. (Especially since he didn't know the rule)

Running around with the ball in the field of play or running towards the back of the endzone to attempt a safety risked a fumble deep in their own territory.
The play that was called was a very safe option.
Splitting hairs here since all of this is speculation, but I would think that putting the ball in the air and out of your control on a cold windy night would be a much bigger risk than the possibility of somehow just randomly dropping the ball as you run towards the goal line and away from the defenders.

just watched clip on twitter. I would not be able to recover from this as a fan. in Victory formation. Man

Your post implies that you would take advantage of someone because they are intellectually inferior than you...is that really how you conduct yourself...you take advantage of people?

No Brin, I would (and do) realize that life is not fair sometimes and stuff happens that doesn't always go your way. When that happens, its time to learn from it and move on, not call the lawyers.

Suck it up Buttercup...

Reactions: PRokie
Really sad how this all played out. Still think Fenwick would have given ESL a better game than PN will. Hope everyone playing on Friday has fun and no injuries.

No one wins here. The IHSA needs to re-evaluate how their officials are taught and how mis-applying the rules can be corrected.

It's a slippery slope for sure. But with all the modern technology available there has to be a better way to fix this because the problem will only get bigger when this happens again.
If it does happen again, the problem should get bigger. The IHSA has a chance to clean up their rules and procedures here to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. I will be sorely disappointed if they do not.

Reactions: PRokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT