NFL Playoff Picks This Weekend

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
My picks?
Ravens over the Texans
49ers over the Packers
Lions over the Bucs
Bills over the Chiefs

But, I feel like at least one road team will win. So, in that event I would pick KC.

My picks?
Ravens over the Texans
49ers over the Packers
Lions over the Bucs
Bills over the Chiefs

But, I feel like at least one road team will win. So, in that event I would pick KC.
Ravens but I hope Texans.
49ers hate the Packers
Bucs Baker has his swagger back.
Bills Josh finally gets a win over Mahomes

Ravens but I hope Texans.
49ers hate the Packers
Bucs Baker has his swagger back.
Bills Josh finally gets a win over Mahomes
I had this discussion with a friend the other day. Why is there hate with the Packers? I understand the rivalry which really isn’t a rivalry but hate is a big word. I actually like them because they’re fun to watch and they win.

I had this discussion with a friend the other day. Why is there hate with the Packers? I understand the rivalry which really isn’t a rivalry but hate is a big word. I actually like them because they’re fun to watch and they win.
Pretty much the book definition of a fair weather fan.

Reactions: corey90
Have you always been a packers fan? If not, then you're a fair weather fan if you're saying you like the Packers because they win?
I’ve never been a Bears fan I can tell you that. And yeah I like watching winning football teams. It’s a serious question about the hatred. Did a Packer burn down someone’s house or sleep with their wife? It’s juvenile. I don’t need to commit to a team . I just like watching good football and the Bears aren’t coming through.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I’ve never been a Bears fan I can tell you that. And yeah I like watching winning football teams. It’s a serious question about the hatred. Did a Packer burn down someone’s house or sleep with their wife? It’s juvenile. I don’t need to commit to a team . I just like watching good football and the Bears aren’t coming through.
There's rivalries in every sport. All the teams of the NFC East hate each other, Cubs/Cardinals, Michigan/OSU, ND/Michigan, Duke/UNC. If I have to explain the hatred for your rival then I don't know what to tell you.

If there's no need to commit to a team and you only follow winners I congratulate you on following all the success of the 1970s steelers, the 1980s 49ers, the 1990s Cowboys, the 2000s Patriots, and recently the Chiefs.

I can lend you my copy of Mudbaths & Bloodbaths, which is a book written about the Bears/Packers rivalry if you want more details.

There's rivalries in every sport. All the teams of the NFC East hate each other, Cubs/Cardinals, Michigan/OSU, ND/Michigan, Duke/UNC. If I have to explain the hatred for your rival then I don't know what to tell you.

If there's no need to commit to a team and you only follow winners I congratulate you on following all the success of the 1970s steelers, the 1980s 49ers, the 1990s Cowboys, the 2000s Patriots, and recently the Chiefs.

I can lend you my copy of Mudbaths & Bloodbaths, which is a book written about the Bears/Packers rivalry if you want more details.
I’ve always been a player watcher and if their team is good, bonus. Makes watching football more enjoyable for me. You do you and I’ll do me.

Your reading to much into the word hate. I don’t like the Packers! Ha now do you feel better? lol you are a fair weather fan if you root for any team that just plays good football. It says you can’t commit. 😂

Well they should be in the red zone.

I'll take him.
He played in 15 games this year and had all of 2 TDs. In his career he's averaged 4 TDs per season and 40 yards per game.

You can have him.

I can tell you unequivocally, I hate the Packers. I didn't hate them in the 1970s because I really wasn't a Bears fan till around 1977 when Walter was running wild.

My hatred for the Packers started in the 1980s during the Mike Ditka, Forrest Gregg years. The Packers were a dirty team and I couldn't stand the team or Gregg. You can find evidence of that in several places. The Matt Suhey and Walter Payton dirty hits in GB and the Charles Martin cheap shot on Jim McMahon in Chicago.

Hated the Packers then, hate them now. Glad they are out. It didn't come soon enough.

Baltimore over the 49ers in the Super Bowl
I was thinking that matchup but Mahomes has more lives than a cat. Dude just finds a way. And Pacheco runs like a wild horse. And how can anyone doubt the magic of Taylor Swift? I’m going Chiefs v Niners.

I think the 49ers will beat the Lions. Detroit can score but their defense isn't good. Three of the four teams left all gave up less than 300 points during the season. But the Lions gave up nearly 400 when they finished with giving up 395. Sooner or later that has come into play when you realize SF scored 491 regular season points. My pick is SF.

The health of Deebo Samuel is going to be critical for SF going forward. They say he's playing on Sunday. But he is banged up with a shoulder injury. I think they can get by Detroit with Samuel not at 100%. But they will need him at 100% in the SB.

The Chiefs, Ravens game is real tough for me to pick. What I find interesting is that most people talking about the Chiefs don't mention their defense. It is outstanding and got them through some tough games when the offense was sputtering. There is only one team in the NFL that gave up fewer points than KC and it's their next opponent. If they want to have a chance in Baltimore that offense has got to produce.

Speaking of offense. The Ravens scored 112 more points than the Chiefs this past season. But, when people think about Baltimore, they think defense. And this defense is ridiculous and the linebacker group is second only to SF. So we know about the defense.

On offense the Ravens have a QB who will be the league MVP while the Chiefs have a QB who is very seasoned in games like this. Just the thought that KC is playing in their sixth consecutive AFC Championship game is mind-boggling. I think this game will come down to offense and who can score. Could be turnovers too. AND it could come down to whoever has the ball last. I think KC has more offensive weapons. But it's hard to pick against Lamar Jackson. I am really looking forward to this game.

No pick for this game yet by me until at least Friday.

Reactions: Irishfan90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT