ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame-28 Montini-7, FINAL

Watching both the freshman and varsity games Montini needs more coaching on the offensive lines.

They get way too many holding calls against them that kill drives.
Who won the frosh game?

Especially when 5a teams play 8a teams
JCA has pretty much kicked ND’s ass since they joined the ESCC in 1982? Because of my advanced calculus classes at ND I’m able to count on one hand the amount of times we’ve won the matchup. So don’t worry about the 5 vs 8 thing. If the series goes forward for years I’m sure Montini will win plenty against the big bad 8A Dons. But tonight we shall revel in our moment in the sun.

[QUOTE="Wassup13, post: 211466, member

Also I think the Naz fans told me the ESCC teams got rid of those jerseys where the jersey and numbers are the same color, no?

Why would all the ESCC teams buy these jerseys in the first place?

[/QUOTE]

All ESCC teams did not have that type of jersey. Off hand I can only think of Marist and ND. I’ve seen many teams from a number of other conferences have the same eye straining combo.
It is an NFHS rule in the coming years that the number must contrast the primary jersey color. That usually takes a few yrs to go into effect so the schools who just bought them aren’t buying new uni’s.

Reactions: Gene K.
I never thought I'd see the day ND would have a team capable of competing in 8A. This team, I think, is that team. Keep on going boys!

What 8A teams have they played with a winning record? Let’s see how they can compete with 8A teams in the playoffs. It’s okay to be excited but I will hold my enthusiasm until I see them beat a proven program in 8A.

What 8A teams have they played with a winning record? Let’s see how they can compete with 8A teams in the playoffs. It’s okay to be excited but I will hold my enthusiasm until I see them beat a proven program in 8A.

Beating Montini and Providence by 21 points is more impressive than beating ~95% of 8A teams.

Sayles reminds me of LWE QB Tom Fuessel from 2012 the way he can elude a pass rush behind the line of scrimmage having the ability of running from the east side to the west side and back to the east side of the field behind the line of scrimmage eluding tackles and never getting touched.

These are the only 2 HS QB's I've seen that can do that.

Does anyone else think the 2 QB's games resemble one another??

Last edited:
Same Providence from last night?

Same Providence that beat 8A playoff team Brother Rice by double digits? Same Montini team that lost by just one score to arguably the top 8A team?

Listen, I'm not saying ND is gonna march through 8A or something. That's nonsense. But I also think it is silly to say they haven't proven themselves yet because they havent played any "8A powers" when, in reality, they've had a pretty tough schedule.

*edit--did not realize Mount Carmel is 7A....with the way MC63 talks, can ya blame me?

Same Providence that beat 8A playoff team Brother Rice by double digits? Same Montini team that lost by just one score to arguably the top 8A team?

Listen, I'm not saying ND is gonna march through 8A or something. That's nonsense. But I also think it is silly to say they haven't proven themselves yet because they havent played any "8A powers" when, in reality, they've had a pretty tough schedule.

Same Rice that beat Hillcrest by 6?

I'm not saying ND won't make noise, I'm just saying that comment was silly. Matter of fact I've been saying that they'd be competitive if they stopped being the 5-4 team when ramblinman was saying they should be 6A.

A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while. Go Dons!! Beat Leo!!

Reactions: Gene K.

I'm not saying ND won't make noise, I'm just saying that comment was silly. Matter of fact I've been saying that they'd be competitive if they stopped being the 5-4 team when ramblinman was saying they should be 6A.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that the Dons would appear on Bones radar. The whiff of some modicum of success is sweet!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that the Dons would appear on Bones radar. The whiff of some modicum of success is sweet!!
I've paid attn to ND since I saw them a while back at the preseason prep bowl.

Reactions: eireog

Which comment was silly? That beating PC/Montini by 3 touchdowns is more impressive than beating ~95% of 8A teams? I don't think it is that silly of a comment. And going through the list of 8A teams, I think it is true. And I was just responding to the comment that ND hasn't proven themselves because they never beaten 8A teams yet.

But this is pointless. With only lowly non-8A teams like Nazareth and St. Rita left on the schedule, ND will have no opportunity to prove itself until the playoffs.

Let's
Sayles reminds me of LWE QB Tom Fuessel from 2007 the way he can elude a pass rush behind the line of scrimmage having the ability of running from the east side to the west side and back to the east side of the field behind the line of scrimmage eluding tackles and never getting touched.

These are the only 2 HS QB's I've seen that can do that.

Does anyone else think the 2 QB's games resemble one another??

Here are LWE Tommy Fuessel highlights if you never saw him play. I think Sayles is similar to him...

Of course not as explosive as.Fuessel but similar game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESCC fan
Which comment was silly? That beating PC/Montini by 3 touchdowns is more impressive than beating ~95% of 8A teams? I don't think it is that silly of a comment. And going through the list of 8A teams, I think it is true. And I was just responding to the comment that ND hasn't proven themselves because they never beaten 8A teams yet.

But this is pointless. With only lowly non-8A teams like Nazareth and St. Rita left on the schedule, ND will have no opportunity to prove itself until the playoffs.
Yes, that silly comment.

Come on guys. I said ND can do damage. I pray to see the day they're downstate. Realistically 2 or 3 playoff wins would be great for this program. I might need to buy NFHS network for the playoffs.

Edgy-if you come to Niles you can pregame at my house. My father-in-law makes a mean red wine!

MS4EVER:

Thanks for the invitation, but I'm not available on the evening you are arranging pregame revelry.

I’m a whiskey man Edgy. You have options.

eireog:

I can only imagine what you distill in your basement.

As for the game Friday evening, I was among the spectators in Niles and was very impressed with what NND fielded, particularly on defense. Over the past two decades I have rarely missed at least one NND home game a year and this was the best group of defenders the I have seen in a Don team.

In the past, NND has produced some fairly good offenses, but has struggled to compliment its offense with a solid defense. Not this year.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
eireog:

I can only imagine what you distill in your basement.
Now learned men who use the pen
Have sung the praises high
Of the rare poitin' from Ireland green
Distilled from wheat and rye
Put away with your pills, it'll cure all ills
Be ye Pagan, Christian or Jew
So take off your coat and grease your throat
With the dear old Mountain Dew

Now learned men who use the pen
Have sung the praises high
Of the rare poitin' from Ireland green
Distilled from wheat and rye
Put away with your pills, it'll cure all ills
Be ye Pagan, Christian or Jew
So take off your coat and grease your throat
With the dear old Mountain Dew

eireog:

A tear came to my eye as I read this.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
It could happen in the playoffs right?

Also I think the Naz fans told me the ESCC teams got rid of those jerseys where the jersey and numbers are the same color, no?

Why would all the ESCC teams buy these jerseys in the first place?

I liked the music at ND, the band and flag ceremony. Have not heard Rush in a while.

I don't really like watching a game behind a track and a fence but dealt with it.

Did not know ND had it's own grotto.

I like to make observations about everybody's home field.

Uniform deal is an NHSF rule I believe they are banned starting in 2020

Reactions: Wassup13 and eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT