ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame-28 Montini-7, FINAL

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Montini goes 3 and out. Dons have a long drive extended by a few Montini penalties (that I am sure we will hear more about from the Bronco contingent...)

Dons blitz. Montini QB throws up a long pass and an excellent catch by #41 for a TD---he jumped up and grabbed it right in front of the ND defender (size advantage helped). Game on.

Great drive by ND both through the air and on the ground, capped off by a smooth 5 yard run by Sayles that started with an excellent juke move.

Reactions: eireog
Not going to hear anything from me...

Just having a little fun seeing as one of the MC guys on here saying something about the reffing in the soph game.

Anyways, teams exchange fumbles to start the half. ND ball in MC territory.

Nice drive led by Sayles through the air and using his feet. Capped by a 5 yard run by Schurr.

Montini fails to convert on 4th and short on their own 35. Dons take over with 5:30 or so to go in Montini territory. Should be just about it.

Dons defense is absolutely suffocating. Opponents averaging ~8 points per game against ND (and that includes some real quality opponents).

Anyone else excited for Naz @ ND in two weeks?
Has Edgy ever been to Niles? This could be the biggest thing to hit the neighborhood since the Pope came down Milwaukee Avenue in 1979!! Edgy and the Posse at the Doghouse on Dempster... can’t wait for what hopefully will be a dynamite game.

I never thought I'd see the day ND would have a team capable of competing in 8A. This team, I think, is that team. Keep on going boys!
Congrats to ND! Defense looked really tough once again.
They have played maybe the toughest schedule thus far.
It’s really too bad they got bumped all the way to 8A, not saying they can’t compete, but if they were in 6A again, they might be the favorite.

They had teams that could before but when you go in at 6-3/5-4 you get the top seeds.
Spot on. I remember ND getting it handed to them by some 9-0 , 8-1 teams. There were also teams like Batavia, GBN, Libertyville that were top seeds and ND nearly pulled off big upsets. Hopefully this team can make a run like last years team. I thought all along if the lines came together they’d surprise. So far so good.

Edgy-if you come to Niles you can pregame at my house. My father-in-law makes a mean red wine!

Reactions: eireog
Congrats to ND! Their defense is very good!

Montini did not have Bell or Harris for the 2nd half and the O did not do anything in the 2nd half. Montini really needs a mobile QB in the game to compete with schools 2x and 3x it's enrollment size. With Bell out it was over.

I always think you need a big road win to do well in the playoffs and this was Montini's last opportunity to get one (unless you count Hudson but they are 2-4).

Just wondering since ND.and.Maine South are close to each other, do they ever play each other?

Last edited:
They had teams that could before but when you go in at 6-3/5-4 you get the top seeds.

Agreed. Couple come to mind

2013 with Chris James. Unfortunately, after a first round 8A win over Fremd, the Dons ran into an absolute stout LA defense and lost 24-0. Loyola shut out MS 35-0 the next week. If the Dons would have finished 7-2 instead of 6-3 (perhaps by not losing to 2-7 CoM...), they could have been better positioned to make a run.

2015...just a really solid team overall. Unfortunately, they lost twice, to the same team. 49-42 in the regular season to Marist. And then a heartbreaking 17-14 game to Marist in the first round of the 8A playoffs. Marist went on to play (and lose) in the state championship.

I'd say last year's 6A semifinal team was also good enough to make some noise in 8A.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Congratulations to the Dons, they are a solid team on both offense and defense. I watched the game for the first time on YouTube TV. What a difference from NFHS. I was able to use the YouTube App on my phone to connect to my TV and watch the game on a big screen. No freeze ups, excellent camera work, the HS commentators were good, all in all it was a great production, and it was free.
Any NFHS school should immediately go YouTube TV.
Thanks to @ESSCfan for the link to the game.

Reactions: ESCC fan and eireog
Congrats to the victors,that was not the Montini football I'm used to watching.

Congrats to ND! Their defense is very good!

Montini did not have Bell or Harris for the 2nd half and the O did not do anything in the 2nd half. Montini really needs a mobile QB in the game to compete with schools 2x and 3x it's enrollment size. With Bell out it was over.

I always think you need a big road win to do well in the playoffs and this was Montini's last opportunity to get one (unless you count Hudson but they are 2-4).

Just wondering since ND.and.Maine South are close to each other, do they ever play each other?

We used to open up against them many year’s ago. Last time they played each other was first round 2010. MS won 47-0.

Reactions: Wassup13
Watching both the freshman and varsity games Montini needs more coaching on the offensive lines.

They get way too many holding calls against them that kill drives.

It could happen in the playoffs right?

Also I think the Naz fans told me the ESCC teams got rid of those jerseys where the jersey and numbers are the same color, no?

Why would all the ESCC teams buy these jerseys in the first place?

I liked the music at ND, the band and flag ceremony. Have not heard Rush in a while.

I don't really like watching a game behind a track and a fence but dealt with it.

Did not know ND had it's own grotto.

I like to make observations about everybody's home field.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT