ADVERTISEMENT

No surprise - he gone....

I didnt like the hire, but the fire is non-sense. What did they want him to do with this roster? Chicago teams stay putting garbage rosters together and firing coaches after they cant make it work.

I didnt like the hire, but the fire is non-sense. What did they want him to do with this roster? Chicago teams stay putting garbage rosters together and firing coaches after they cant make it work.
We agree 95%. I have said more times than I can remember, the McCaskeys are the problem here! THE MCCASKEYS ARE THE PROBLEM!

Another thing that really pisses me off here is all the chicken-sh*t Chicago sportswriters relishing in the firing of John Fox. This crap has been going on for more than 2 months with them. I bet Fox is happy now that he is out of here and away from those a-holes especially.

I wonder who the next sacrificial lamb will be.

Of all the things I've read leading up to the firing, the hiring of Dowell Loggains as OC after Adam Gase left for Miami may well have been Fox's biggest mistake. Loggains and Fox were not provided the offensive talent (see the WR position this year), but Loggains is not a NFL-caliber OC, and Fox is a defensive coach who gave him free reign.

The pressure is on Pace now. He has "his" QB. Soon he will have "his" coach, since he allegedly will be making the final decision. His drafts have been decent. His free agent signings? Not so much.

We agree 95%. I have said more times than I can remember, the McCaskeys are the problem here! THE MCCASKEYS ARE THE PROBLEM!

Another thing that really pisses me off here is all the chicken-sh*t Chicago sportswriters relishing in the firing of John Fox. This crap has been going on for more than 2 months with them. I bet Fox is happy now that he is out of here and away from those a-holes especially.

I wonder who the next sacrificial lamb will be.
It's just like what happened to Lovie. Whether you agreed with his style or not, he was a good man and left town a beaten man.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
About 20 years ago or so I went to a Sox day game with a good friend. So, I sat in my seat and glanced over to see who was sitting next to me. It was Bill Gleason. Some guys may remember him from the Sportswriters on TV show. Very, very nice guy.

We chatted in-between pitches and innings. I picked his brain about Chicago sports, players, coaches, etc. Finally we talked about the owners. I asked him who was the worst owner in Chicago. Without any hesitation he said, "the McCaskeys...and it isn't even close."

I really wasn't very surprised, but you have to remember, Bill Wurtz owned the Hawks, The Tribune Co, owned the Cubs and we were sitting in Jerry Reinsdorf's ballpark. If he had said any one of those ownerships I would have bought it. But to mention the McCaskeys almost as soon as I got the question out and considering who the other owners were, spoke volumes.

But, if you stop and think about it, the Bears had a big impact on the playoffs this year. They beat Pittsburgh...a loss that cost the Steelers the number 1 playoff seed in the AFC. They beat Baltimore...a loss that cost the Ravens a playoff spot. And they beat Carolina...a loss that cost the Panthers a division title and a home game in round 1 of the playoffs. So, all isn't lost.

This says it all. At least someone in the sports writing world gets it. He's on the right track anyway.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-bears-george-mccaskey-ted-phillips-ryan-pace/
I agree with the article as well. Obviously, McCaskey is not going anywhere. The sad fact is Phillips is not either. It wouldn't be so bad, if Phillips only dealt with the business side of things. The fact that McCaskey and Philips see themselves as "sounding boards" or "devil's advocates" on football-related decisions, like hiring a coach, dooms the process from the start. The author is correct, better for Pace to go it alone, but as stated, Pace does come off more as a "consensus builder" as opposed to a "decision maker". Good luck fellow Bears' fans.

So who is willing to take a job knowing they will be loved for a year, second guessed in year two, fired in year three and forever be put on the Chicago Wall of Shame? Line em up!

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT