ADVERTISEMENT

No Cutler...

Hearing a lot about this QB from North Carolina as a high pick.

Like Watson a lot not so sure on Browning. Not his best night Saturday vs USC.

Other than that I can't think of many good QB in this draft. Kelly is kinda Cutler light with more of an attitude. Which means that's a Bears pick for sure

Think Browning is a true Sophomore. If so - he wont be eligible for the draft until 2018. Good thing as he needs more time to develop. he did not look good at all on Saturday nite - but he is a very very good player... just young and that was the biggest spotlight for the UW Huskies in over 10 years and I'm sure his biggest spotlight.

Last edited:
Didn't know that - talented kid who had a real bad day Saturday

yeah - very rough Saturday,-- but you could see the potential last year - think he will continue to get better and the moments wont be too big and MAYBE -As a patient UW Huskies Fan (It's been a long time since relevancy). perhaps one day a return to the glory days of the early 1990's is possible!

He might be gone after next season though - will depend on what the draft estimates come back saying and all the other personal variables that go into making a decision of that magnitude .

Hearing a lot about this QB from North Carolina as a high pick.

Like Watson a lot not so sure on Browning. Not his best night Saturday vs USC.

Other than that I can't think of many good QB in this draft. Kelly is kinda Cutler light with more of an attitude. Which means that's a Bears pick for sure

Let's not compare this young up and comer. He is nothing like Cutler. Give him a break, heck he has Jim Kelly's genes and that says a lot. I don't see him looking like he just sh#t his pants like Cutler does after every play.

Kelly was much better last year. He has regressed significantly. Just see too much of the same problems. Genes or not I'd stay away from this kid.

The Bears were awful yesterday on both sides of the ball and that includes coaching too. Cutler was awful as well. There Corey...I said it. I just hope you didn't spit your coffee out.

Like the Sun-Times said on the back page, "they are who we thought they were."

Lol
Well no I didn't but that was pretty funny. We have agreed again. When I make it back to Chicago we should hook up and grab a . Heck two old guys breaking bread and talking football can't be all bad!

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
The thread that won't die! Corey: I know you don't live around here but today's Sun-Times reports that the Bears are actively seeking to trade Cutler. No one know if anyone wants him. But the "Times" also says if they don't get any takers, it's possible they may just release him. Just wanted to brighten your day.

The thread that won't die! Corey: I know you don't live around here but today's Sun-Times reports that the Bears are actively seeking to trade Cutler. No one know if anyone wants him. But the "Times" also says if they don't get any takers, it's possible they may just release him. Just wanted to brighten your day.

There's the rub. A smart GM knows where the Bears stand. They don't want Cutler, but don't want to pay him to sit on the bench as the team begins a rebuild. Would be happily surprised if they get higher than a 4th rounder for him.

today's Sun-Times reports that the Bears are actively seeking to trade Cutler. No one know if anyone wants him. But the "Times" also says if they don't get any takers, it's possible they may just release him. .

The rest of the league has always been smarter than the Bears for a long time.

Chicago's long, civic nightmare is over. No...I'm not referring to Jwar's move to PA. Adios Cutty.

They had to cut him loose and the salary cap hit.. but I Am not too excited about the incoming QB... plus with Alshon gone... who is he going to throw too anyways?

Reactions: Gene K.
Bump....ITS BAAACK!!!!!

Of the 3 M's (Mike, Mitch, Mark) which QB do you like for the game 1 starter and which one will be finishing the season in Game 16.

I'm going with Mike Glennon for game 1 and Mitch T will be the one playing at the end of the season.

Glennon will be G1 starter and will start for majority of season unless injuries come up.
I really believe they want Mitch sitting and watching this year and I am fine with that. He may get a start or two at the end of year when season is lost.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Glennon will be G1 starter and will start for majority of season unless injuries come up.
I really believe they want Mitch sitting and watching this year and I am fine with that. He may get a start or two at the end of year when season is lost.

I'm wondering if it really goes sideways during the first 6 games that Mitch might get in there before the mid season point. Or do you think that is too soon and the staff will purposefully hold him out to learn/absorb more before they toss him onto the game day field? I don't think fox has a lot of leeway to patiently wait and develop him.

I'm wondering if it really goes sideways during the first 6 games that Mitch might get in there before the mid season point. Or do you think that is too soon and the staff will purposefully hold him out to learn/absorb more before they toss him onto the game day field? I don't think fox has a lot of leeway to patiently wait and develop him.
I hope they let the kid learn and don't just throw him to the wolves. However the staff is coaching for their jobs. As was already discussed in the draft thread the organization did the coaching staff no favors.

That's why we're Colts fans now

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I hope they let the kid learn and don't just throw him to the wolves. However the staff is coaching for their jobs. As was already discussed in the draft thread the organization did the coaching staff no favors.

That's why we're Colts fans now

Colts have a good QB - but their line is a porous paper bag. Did they bolster it during FA and draft? Do you see how many hits Luck took last year? I hurt just watching some of those games.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Colts have a good QB - but their line is a porous paper bag. Did they bolster it during FA and draft? Do you see how many hits Luck took last year? I hurt just watching some of those games.
They definitely had a lot of holes to fill. Not to mention TY gave me virtually nothing in FF. I have to think last year was a blip rather than a trend. I'm new to the whole Colts/Pacers fan thing so I have a mentor. Will look to see what upgrades they made in a week or so once I get in full football mode (almost done with the Cubs this year).

Nice to watch the Bears and not watch that guy who turns the ball over 3 times a game including a pick 6 every game

Wassup

It's still a loss. One of the things I took away from the game is this. The Bears are not a playoff team...not at all. And most likely not a .500 team either. Teams that have playoff aspirations and personnel pull games like that out.

It should be noted that the Falcons don't have a "world beating" defense either. It may be hard to believe but they gave up more points than the Bears last year. They were dying to piss this game away just like the SB. The Bears just refused to take it.

But with that said, they did play better than I thought they would. Or maybe Atlanta isn't as good as advertised. Time will tell.

God doesn't even want Cutler to play anymore. He went so far as to send a hurricane to at least delay him.

As some one who has family who lost damn near everything down there - this isn't funny.
Yeah, who would have thought a Hurricane might strike Florida. Inconceivable! And no Newt, I wasn't poking fun at the people of Florida, I was poking fun at Jay Cutler. If you cant tell the difference, you, sir, are a moron.

Yeah, who would have thought a Hurricane might strike Florida. Inconceivable! And no Newt, I wasn't poking fun at the people of Florida, I was poking fun at Jay Cutler. If you cant tell the difference, you, sir, are a moron.
Which goes to show how Cutler still lives in the heads of people like you...rent free. He no longer plays for the Bears...get over it. It amazes me how many people are talking and Chicago sports writers are still writing about this guy. Geez, time to move on.

Yah because it's sure funny to poke at people who have lost it all by making reference to a Hurricane as god getting even. Real class
The comments he made about Don Zimmer after he died is all you needed to know about the guy.

Don Zimmer passed 3 years ago. No, I don't remember posting something on Edgytim.com three years ago.

No just dont find it real f'ing smart to post a horrific tragedy and compare that to or reference to a quarterback you have disdain for.

Sorry but don't find any humor with this Hurricane. Especially when I have to find a home for my 78 year old father to live in.

Choosing to reference it to a bad football player and make it somehow funny is moronic

When God gives you lemons, make lemonade...and search for the guy God gave the vodka to, so you can make Lemovox.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT