ADVERTISEMENT

NND 0 @ St. Rita 7 Final

KB was playing banged up a little and was under the weather. Hence the reason he was taking more snaps at WR. They were trying to save some wear and tear on him. He went back in the backfield because ND's defense was not giving anything up. His offers to Notre Dame and the University of Michigan are for WR not RB. Had NND gotten to a big lead early I think they may have pulled him.

Yes SR started a underclassman at QB who has been the backup most of the year. But he's the future. And the future is bright.

And they sat an OL last night too.

As Rock aptly posted SR's defense played lights out. ND's QB has great mobility. SR defense went after him all night. Had he had another half count to get the ball off the outcome would have different. And the team leader in tackles is back next year.

NND - Good luck in the playoffs but please get new jersey's next year.

SR - Please turn down the volume of the music being played between plays by 50%

IHSA - go back to the 25 second clock.
Great post TLone! But I didn’t think the between play music was too loud but maybe it depended where you sat. I was sitting south of the Band about 12 rows up and it looked like the band, students and parents around me were enjoying the quick snippets like I said it didn’t seem too loud to me. But maybe I’m going deaf, my wife complains I don’t hear her half the time:D

I love the 40 second play clock. Sure, It leads to less comebacks and I actually think it hurts teams like St. Rita who run no huddle offenses as it takes away the opposing teams D fatigue factor away (meaning the opposing team on a 3 and out could still rest their D for nearly 3 minutes instead of a minute and a half with the 25 second clock) BUT, it has ended games a half hour early. I remember games ending at 1030pm if St. Rita faced a pass heavy team.

Are you able to go to this Friday night’s game? Thanks always for your kind words about my in game posts. Go Rita Go!

Great post TLone! But I didn’t think the between play music was too loud but maybe it depended where you sat. I was sitting south of the Band about 12 rows up and it looked like the band, students and parents around me were enjoying the quick snippets like I said it didn’t seem too loud to me. But maybe I’m going deaf, my wife complains I don’t hear her half the time:D

I love the 40 second play clock. Sure, It leads to less comebacks and I actually think it hurts teams like St. Rita who run no huddle offenses as it takes away the opposing teams D fatigue factor away (meaning the opposing team on a 3 and out could still rest their D for nearly 3 minutes instead of a minute and a half with the 25 second clock) BUT, it has ended games a half hour early. I remember games ending at 1030pm if St. Rita faced a pass heavy team.

Are you able to go to this Friday night’s game? Thanks always for your kind words about my in game posts. Go Rita Go!
I always try to sit as close to the 50 yard line as possible and as high as I can get. So that puts me right under the police light bar and siren someone donated. A lot of older people can get hard of hearing, buy I always wore eye and hearing protection working a jack hammer or when involved in shooting sports. My dad was very hard of hearing. My mom would get mad because he wouldn’t replace the dead batteries in his hearing aids unless there was a family party.

The game with NND was the best defensive game as I seen in at least 10 years. But the 40 second clock seemed to me to break the flow of the game at the end. I thought the OL had trouble getting off the ball in the 4th quarter after standing in their stance for 30 seconds.

Again good luck to NND in the playoffs!

I will try very hard to make the game Friday. But I have two part time jobs that both are hopping this time of the year. Feast of famine. Thanks for the updates when I’m not at the games. I’ve given shout out Doc Grieco who has been at 605 straight St. Rita games. I like to acknowledge the guys in the booth. And for one - the team statistician - he moved to Nevada a few years ago. Dennis flies in for the season and goes back and forth several times. His wife Denise was always involved with the school too. Thanks for what you did with the kids. They named their dog Miss Rita.

I always try to sit as close to the 50 yard line as possible and as high as I can get. So that puts me right under the police light bar and siren someone donated. A lot of older people can get hard of hearing, buy I always wore eye and hearing protection working a jack hammer or when involved in shooting sports. My dad was very hard of hearing. My mom would get mad because he wouldn’t replace the dead batteries in his hearing aids unless there was a family party.

The game with NND was the best defensive game as I seen in at least 10 years. But the 40 second clock seemed to me to break the flow of the game at the end. I thought the OL had trouble getting off the ball in the 4th quarter after standing in their stance for 30 seconds.

Again good luck to NND in the playoffs!

I will try very hard to make the game Friday. But I have two part time jobs that both are hopping this time of the year. Feast of famine. Thanks for the updates when I’m not at the games. I’ve given shout out Doc Grieco who has been at 605 straight St. Rita games. I like to acknowledge the guys in the booth. And for one - the team statistician - he moved to Nevada a few years ago. Dennis flies in for the season and goes back and forth several times. His wife Denise was always involved with the school too. Thanks for what you did with the kids. They named their dog Miss Rita.
I know Dennis and Doc also but I don’t think I know them as well as you do. Great people and supporters for 50+ years

Reactions: Gene K.
I checked out Cascia's bracket and I have no information whatsoever on Sterling. I know it's one game at a time, but hypothetically speaking, I am curious about Sterling.

If Rita beats GBS, at least she will share a common opponent with Sterling who is playing Marian Catholic.

Reactions: RockSoup
Good luck to the Mustangs!! Glad to be back in the Catholic league this year. I think this is going to be a huge plus for NDCP going forward. Playing as close to the top of the conference as they can is definitely going to be appealing to young players making decisions where to play. Go Dons!!

I think your Don is going to beat Barrington and then it's on to LWE. HypoSpeak, if you get by Barrington, you think that defense can hold LWE and keep Don in the game?

I gotta believe LWE has a great offense.

I think your Don is going to beat Barrington and then it's on to LWE. HypoSpeak, if you get by Barrington, you think that defense can hold LWE and keep Don in the game?

Henning vs the Dons defense would be a tremendous matchup.

Barrington will be a tough out though. Good defense and with the way ND's offense has been struggling...

Reactions: eireog and RockSoup

One step at a time. Go Dons!! Beat Broncos!!
Julian Shurr’s health is the key to any success in the playoffs. If he is ready to go the Dons will be a tough opponent for anyone. He’s a big part of the passing and running game and they’re a different team with him on the field.

LWE seems to be the top team in 8A. The Dons would have to be disciplined and hope for some breaks to stay close if they get a shot at them. Like any game I think they will try to control the ball and play good D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT