ADVERTISEMENT

NND 0 @ St. Rita 7 Final

NND turnover on downs. Pass to end zone broken up on 4 th down 108

Good luck to the Mustangs!! Glad to be back in the Catholic league this year. I think this is going to be a huge plus for NDCP going forward. Playing as close to the top of the conference as they can is definitely going to be appealing to young players making decisions where to play. Go Dons!!

I wonder how many yards and first downs there were for both teams. It seemed whatever positive yardage there was, was negated by big deep sacks by both teams. Shout out to SR punter. Great game

I wonder how many yards and first downs there were for both teams. It seemed whatever positive yardage there was, was negated by big deep sacks by both teams. Shout out to SR punter. Great game
Think both teams playing with new QBs did help the defenses. Rita qb made more plays but looked like a soph enough times which is expected.

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like an old school brawl. I for one love those games. Often times there’s more drama and excitement in a low scoring affair than a video game score game.

Reactions: RockSoup
Think both teams playing with new QBs did help the defenses. Rita qb made more plays but looked like a soph enough times which is expected.
Did Anthony Sayles get knocked out of the game? I saw he limped off in one update?

RS--any chance there's a QB controversy?

It reads like the Sophomore had a rough day, but against one of the best defenses in the state. Would Junior QB done better in your estimation or Don defense just too damn good?

It reads like the Sophomore had a rough day, but against one of the best defenses in the state. Would Junior QB done better in your estimation or Don defense just too damn good?
I'd say zero. His mistakes were trying to make plays or not getting rid of the ball under pressure. He made most of the throws he should have made. Think that was part of the juniors problem, missed on too many basic throws.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I'd say zero. His mistakes were trying to make plays or not getting rid of the ball under pressure. He made most of the throws he should have made. Think that was part of the juniors problem, missed on too many basic throws.

Much appreciated. I hope facing the defenses of LA and NND will only make Cascia stronger.

Did Anthony Sayles get knocked out of the game? I saw he limped off in one update?
He looked fine on last drive. Ran a designed sweep in the series so NND coaches must’ve thought he was fine and he looked fine

Reactions: eireog

Marica nailed it. Soph QB moved the chains with some nice passes, great TD pass past tight coverage.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Hopefully the win gets them away from Montini round one. That'd be a bs deal for both teams.

Now, I am not an expert, but with SR winning they become the best 6 - 3 team in 5a northern bracket. As a result, they should be in the single digits when it comes to seeding.

Could it be a #8 Montini vs. #9 Rita (Rita might be seeded better than this)? I don't think so because I believe Bronco is in the 4 - 5 seed range.

Now, I am not an expert, but with SR winning they become the best 6 - 3 team in 5a northern bracket. As a result, they should be in the single digits when it comes to seeding.

Could it be a #8 Montini vs. #9 Rita (Rita might be seeded better than this)? I don't think so because I believe Bronco is in the 4 - 5 seed range.
Saw this week it being 7-10 game at Montini. Saw some cps teams seated higher and smh, stacking wins against crap teams.

Reactions: sivada2001
Rock I missed the Richards and Loyola games. This was the sophomore's first start? The games I saw it looks like he had minimal reps with the first team for the first 7 weeks?

NND had their starting QB in all game, Sayles, stud at QB and basketball

Reactions: NickThilmany
Rock I missed the Richards and Loyola games. This was the sophomore's first start? The games I saw it looks like he had minimal reps with the first team for the first 7 weeks?
He’s practiced with varsity a lot during the year. First series was garbage time vs Mar Cath. Got in first half vs Benet when there was, for lack of a better word, a rotation but played whole second half. Yes, this was his first varsity start.

Squat. Usually he's able to dance and make some guys miss and then hit the jets. But couldn't really do that or get the edge tonight.
Outside of some short receptions he was bottled up. #1 came up big as a receiver making clutch catches. No QB controversy, telling the QB to stop holding the ball & taking unnecessary sacks but instead throwing it away could work. Time to get more creative with the Rita offense, gets predicatbale at time, will be an issue in a deep playoff run

Yes I understand they're kids, mine are currently playing too. Should have not have phrased it like that.

Yes I understand they're kids, mine are currently playing too. Should have not have phrased it like that.
At least you can own it. Good for you. Good win for you Mustangs, they made a solid QB (dynamic athlete) look pedestrian.

Recap:

A lot of big 4th down defensive stops by both teams when offenses were in 4 down territory.

SR punter senior Poselli had a great game.

Schurr was out for NND, Wilson was out for SR.

Like 773Chi noted JR WR Bragg stepped up and played very well.

Don’t want to miss anyone on St. Rita D but JR LB Gaughan, I don’t know how he does it, fluid in the hips, fast and lays the lumber. Senior DE Milton, just a special player, if he doesn’t get an offer from a MAC school, I don’t know anything about football. Junior DBs Norred and James played great deep and on open field run support tackles. Senior SS Hixson made a number of big stops.

NND is the best D I’ve seen since 2013 MC (won’t get past the 50yd line) Defense. Like that team, the front 7 move as one unit, gap control, fast, hitters and sure tacklers. One DB caught my eye, slot corner or SS was a beast all game. NND faithful if you can give me some names, i’d appreciate it, glad those uniforms are gone next year (white numbers on white jerseys) because those players deserve some love.

Peace. I’m out til tomorrow. Good luck in the State Playoffs.

One more thing before I pass out: Shout out to Coach O’Sullivan Sophomore green champs who won each game in the division in convincing fashion while doing it without the Sophomores that were making big contributions on varsity.

He’s a kid man and a damn fine player.

KB was playing banged up a little and was under the weather. Hence the reason he was taking more snaps at WR. They were trying to save some wear and tear on him. He went back in the backfield because ND's defense was not giving anything up. His offers to Notre Dame and the University of Michigan are for WR not RB. Had NND gotten to a big lead early I think they may have pulled him.

Yes SR started a underclassman at QB who has been the backup most of the year. But he's the future. And the future is bright.

And they sat an OL last night too.

As Rock aptly posted SR's defense played lights out. ND's QB has great mobility. SR defense went after him all night. Had he had another half count to get the ball off the outcome would have different. And the team leader in tackles is back next year.

NND - Good luck in the playoffs but please get new jersey's next year.

SR - Please turn down the volume of the music being played between plays by 50%

IHSA - go back to the 25 second clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT