ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Championships

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Any predictions as to how the games will play out?

I think New Orleans is an easy pick for me. They got over the hump of being a little flat last weekend and will bounce back.

However, the Kansas City, New England game is much tougher for me to pick. I find it very hard to pick against Tom Brady and the Pats, especially in the playoffs. But, I am looking at a few things.

The Patriots are 3-5 on the road this year and barely beat the Chiefs at home. The Pats haven't won a road championship game since 2005. The Chiefs are now 8-1 at home this year.

So, I am picking the Chiefs to win the game and move on to their first Super Bowl appearance in 49 years. Too many things have fallen into place this year, including an outstanding QB for Kansas City for them to lose. I think they finally get over the hump. But the weather is definitely going to be a huge factor. I am not as sure picking the Chiefs as I am the Saints. But I am going with them.

KC/NE is your Super Bowl. Pats looked possessed last week and Brady is the postseason master. Mahomes is just playing out of his mind. It’s a toss up but I have to go Pats based on experience. By the way, I love Edelman. Dude looks like an MMA fighter. I have little interest in the NFC game but I’ll say Saints.

KC/NE is your Super Bowl. Pats looked possessed last week and Brady is the postseason master. Mahomes is just playing out of his mind. It’s a toss up but I have to go Pats based on experience. By the way, I love Edelman. Dude looks like an MMA fighter. I have little interest in the NFC game but I’ll say Saints.

Why no interest in the NFC game? Great matchup. Both the Saints and the Rams have a great shot at winning the Super Bowl. Not sure why you think the AFC game is the Super Bowl. FWIW, KC lost to the Rams during the regular season.

Why no interest in the NFC game? Great matchup. Both the Saints and the Rams have a great shot at winning the Super Bowl. Not sure why you think the AFC game is the Super Bowl. FWIW, KC lost to the Rams during the regular season.
Because I’m Pats fan. But if they don’t change their stadium name after that emasculating Gillette commercial, I may have to reconsider.

Reactions: ignazio
Because I’m Pats fan. But if they don’t change their stadium name after that emasculating Gillette commercial, I may have to reconsider.

I would say the fact that the Douche Bag Meter on NE and the fans is at a 17 on 1-10 scale should be more reason to jump off that bandwagon but whatever works for you...

Reactions: USD24
I would say the fact that the Douche Bag Meter on NE and the fans is at a 17 on 1-10 scale should be more reason to jump off that bandwagon but whatever works for you...

I would add their smug head coach to the list of Douchery

Reactions: mchsalumni
I’m just enjoying watching the best quarterback to ever play the game.

I’m just enjoying watching the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Sorry, he's unable to make it this week.
nfl-stabler-black-white-web.jpg

Reactions: mchsalumni
Any predictions as to how the games will play out?

I think New Orleans is an easy pick for me. They got over the hump of being a little flat last weekend and will bounce back.

However, the Kansas City, New England game is much tougher for me to pick. I find it very hard to pick against Tom Brady and the Pats, especially in the playoffs. But, I am looking at a few things.

The Patriots are 3-5 on the road this year and barely beat the Chiefs at home. The Pats haven't won a road championship game since 2005. The Chiefs are now 8-1 at home this year.

So, I am picking the Chiefs to win the game and move on to their first Super Bowl appearance in 49 years. Too many things have fallen into place this year, including an outstanding QB for Kansas City for them to lose. I think they finally get over the hump. But the weather is definitely going to be a huge factor. I am not as sure picking the Chiefs as I am the Saints. But I am going with them.

Don't see New Orleans as an easy pick at all. Two reasons why....

1. - Sheldon Rankins their best run stuffer is out for the season with a torn Achilles from last week.
2 . - Andrus Peat - their best offensive lineman is playing with a broken hand and struggled mightily last week against Philly.

If LA can run the ball with even close to the success they had last week, and with a now healthy secondary - Marcus Peters did play the first time they played but Aqib Talib didn't, LA can very much make this a game.

I like the Rams and the Chiefs. I think KC is much better defensively than they showed - that pass rush is legit especially on a bad track.

New England's defense is not the bomb like they have been. And with a healthy Sammy Watkins, KC is tough to defend. Too many guys to cover.

Plus Mahomes at home in front of that crazy crowd.

I don't normally do predictions, but I like the Rams and Chiefs which would make for a very entertaining Super Bowl.

I'm not being specific, just a general observation of which anyone outside Pats nation will agree.

I am a Bears fan but I have to agree Brady is the best QB of all time.
That said I am very unsure who will win this game. If I go with experience it’s NE. If I go with the young and talented QB Mahomes plus I believe KC has a little bit better defense. Toss up here. I am going with a coin flip and picking old school NE Vs Saints in the SB. Mahomes not enough experience yet and NE has the best coach of all time. Brady/Belichk are elite at making in game adjustments IMO.

Reactions: greatgig13
Now watch Brady take over this next game. NE coach will outcoach KC coach although I am rooting for Mahomes.

I want to see 2 new young quarterbacks in the Super Bowl.

From CNN Sports B/R.

Patriots vs Chiefs First Half:

Total Yards: 245-32
Yards per Play: 5.8 - 2.0
Yards Passing: 146-22
Yards Rushing: 99-10
First Downs: 16-3
3rd Down Efficiency: 78% - 50%
Time of Possession: 21:07 - 8:53

Brady! WOW
2 clutch drives for the win. The NE defense is playing at a higher level than in the regular season. I give that credit to Belick.

I was caught off guard with that overtime rule. What happened to equal chances to score?

I was caught off guard with that overtime rule. What happened to equal chances to score?
It’s always been that way since the OT rule change. First team to score a TD wins. If team with first possession scores a FG, the defending team gets the ball. If still tied and both teams had a possession, next score in any form wins. But this game may cause the competition committee revisit OT scoring and ensure both teams get one possession at least in playoff games

Reactions: markmacaluso
It’s always been that way since the OT rule change. First team to score a TD wins. If team with first possession scores a FG, the defending team gets the ball. If still tied and both teams had a possession, next score in any form wins. But this game may cause the competition committee revisit OT scoring and ensure both teams get one possession at least in playoff games

If they didn’t change it after the Super Bowl ended the same way I doubt they would change it after this game. The rule is fine the problem was the Chiefs defense sucks and couldn’t get off the field by getting a stop on 3rd and long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT