ADVERTISEMENT

Nazareth vs. Danville

NazDad

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Does anyone have any insight into Danville other than it being the Alma Mater of Dick and Jerry Van Dyke?

From everything the great internet can tell you all we know is 2 things-
They are 7-2 only losing to the Normal Community team
They score an awful lot against bad teams and give up tons against good teams

From everything the great internet can tell you all we know is 2 things-
They are 7-2 only losing to the Normal Community team
They score an awful lot against bad teams and give up tons against good teams

That's almost as helpful as finding out that Gene Hackman also attended Danville High.

All.... I believe it will be another comfortable win for the Roadrunners. Speed kills. Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: superac777
Naz dad,

Long time no talk, so the Danville team looks pretty good and I'd be very happy that the game is at Naz and not down State on their grass field with this weeks forecast. As for their team they have some size and athleticism on the Oline in their 330# guard #60 and 320# center #50 and 6'7" 250# tackle. You'll also see those guys playing Dline in most cases I believe. #2 is a nice 170# RB that also plays corner he's quick and shifty. #6 is a nice receiver at about 6' 175# has soft hands and a nose for the ball when playing centerfield at safety and also returns punts. Finally #9 is a long 6'3" 218# MLB that also plays TE. He seems to be a downhill guy but should be long enough to cover in space like Dex did in 2014. Of course this is all based off of publically available film and comparative to who they play. It could be a fun game to watch on Saturday.

That's almost as helpful as finding out that Gene Hackman also attended Danville High.

Reactions: emdee91
Weather forecast looks to be pretty impactful not sure if it matters on the turf but ball security will be at a premium!

I would agree with that Prowler but that grass track could stir up some bad memories as well. Aside from that can you add to my assessment, I only had about 20 minutes to look at film and that was what was public in highlights. You've got access to the full games and I'm wondering if you see the same things, or if I'm seeing a sheep in wolves clothing or vise versa?

Weather forecast looks to be pretty impactful not sure if it matters on the turf but ball security will be at a premium!

Lol..true true true! I’m gonna mimic Edgy last week on his Minooka comments!

No Comment-

One team stat that stands out to me...Peoria HS averaged over 50 points per game but they only managed 26 vs Danville, Peoria's lowest output until their first round playoff game.

Yes...76! That’s begs to question how good are the 2 teams from Normal that blew them out? And the Kankakee game almost has to be thrown out..too early IMO

Reactions: RockSoup
Yes...76! That’s begs to question how good are the 2 teams from Normal that blew them out? And the Kankakee game almost has to be thrown out..too early IMO
Yes, very smart. A lot of people are pretty smart on the board but I wish more realized that weeks 1-3 are hardly indicative of any team's ability. Week 4 and on, you get a better idea and then teams end up dealing with injuries. But the too early statement you made is spot on from my experience

All NAZ fans Chime in!
I've heard that NAZ are very impressive. What are some General stats on the team, Players to keep an eye on. Hows the stadium atmosphere. Are Naz fans extremely loud, I remember years ago PC came to Danville and was really loud. After the game the best food spot to hit up in town? We have some speed as well. If we are able to tackle in space, and gang tackle, and complete the task on the whatever the coach has as a gameplan; it could be a very interesting game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT